Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3943post #59131 of 787198/30/13 at 11:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59132 of 787198/30/13 at 11:57am
Those are all solid looks AAS weren't it for the trousers stopping half way through.
Unless of course the New York in your signature refers to the state and you are not going to work in New York City but rather attend a wedding in scenic Rhinebeck.
Sweet Luxire Shirt, though. From what I've seen I'd wager, given the horizontal stripes, that this the most conservative shirt in your wardrobe.post #59133 of 787198/30/13 at 11:59am
Depending on the interviewer, that could work.
Good luck!!Originally Posted by DonCologne
New suit from Belvest.
Fit & fabric are very excellent, as is the overall outfit... but the button placement on the jacket would bug the proverbial out of me. The mid & bottom tiers seem way too narrow for your frame.
The red iteration harmonises together much better IMO.post #59134 of 787198/30/13 at 12:02pmpost #59135 of 787198/30/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
thats funny....its one of my favorite ties...maybe its more subtle IRL because i hardly notice it. I liked the texture for something outside of a grenadine or knit .... c'est la vie.post #59136 of 787198/30/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Portfolio: 40 year old Goldpfeil Caracciola (the Rudolf Caracciola (!)) it belonged to either my girlfriends grandfather or grandmother, we weren't sure. It fits my 15" Samsung X4C perfectly.post #59137 of 787198/30/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
I wish the suit would be from Oxxford clothes and I had the + 5 cm reserve on both side stitches. So only thing I can do is to loose some weight and make the old button placement.post #59138 of 787198/30/13 at 12:12pm
@ Don Cologne have you thought about adding a third row of buttons, effectively creating a triple breasted suit? you could become a trendsetter.
Kidding aside, I assume you've also moved the upper buttons. I'd either suggest to remove them entirely, turning the jacket in a 4x1 constellation, or properly redo them without shanking the buttons.
As is, the jacket seems very off due to the disproportionate overlap.post #59139 of 787198/30/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
Portfolio: 40 year old Goldpfeil Caracciola (the Rudolf Caracciola (!)) it belonged to either my girlfriends grandfather or grandmother, we weren't sure. It fits my 15" Samsung X4C perfectly.
thanks for the info. fantastic stuff.post #59140 of 787198/30/13 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerekSQuote:
thats funny....its one of my favorite ties...maybe its more subtle IRL because i hardly notice it. I liked the texture for something outside of a grenadine or knit .... c'est la vie.
No worries, looks great. Though I'd opted for black silk knit or grenadine. Duchamp is it?
How'd you like my Ed Morello persiflage by the way?post #59141 of 787198/30/13 at 12:19pmpost #59142 of 787198/30/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
Indeed a fine persiflage! you did a splendid job of channeling dear ed. Wouldve been more accurate if you were wearing a humbler while typing though.post #59143 of 787198/30/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
The boat shoes
Labor Day is around the corner so with all the bbqs around you won't have trouble finding lighter fuelpost #59144 of 787198/30/13 at 12:35pmpost #59145 of 787198/30/13 at 12:38pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 46 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › NWT: Ermenegildo Zegna Unstructured Sport Jacket EU50R 14 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...