Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3940post #59086 of 787198/30/13 at 5:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59087 of 787198/30/13 at 6:27amSprezziamo and Victor, loving the fits! Especially the salmon tie/gray suit combo.
My fit today is a X post from the Friday challenge thread. Probably not enough purple in the tie to qualify but thought I'd give it a shot.
SC Brooks Brothers silk/wool
Tie Trafalgar silk/cotton
Pants Incotex wool
Shoes Santonipost #59088 of 787198/30/13 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Had an unplanned meeting so...
This one is just fantastic!
And this suit + tie combo is superb as well.post #59089 of 787198/30/13 at 6:40ampost #59090 of 787198/30/13 at 7:00ampost #59091 of 787198/30/13 at 7:07am
because most people would have botched the job. i dont think id wear red pants, but if you are going to, thats the way to do it.
Sprezziamo - tie knot needs a lil work, but i quite like the fit.
ebonyman and cousin D - very nice.post #59092 of 787198/30/13 at 7:26amQuote:
I disagree. I just don't like this combo. When I wear red trou (and I do) I try to soften the look of it by wearing cool colors. There is just too much contrast in that fit for me. On the other hand, everything fits nicely and he probably wears it with confidence. So anyone on the street would probably say he looks good. Just not my cuppa. And I think my reasoning is sound. That's all.post #59093 of 787198/30/13 at 7:36ami hear ya, but i think there are few colors that work as well with red as navy. and one loud/fun/bright color is enough. i think the navy tones down the pop a little and makes it more more pleasing to look at it.
AND IF YOU DONT LIKE RED WHITE AND BLUE YOU BIST GIT THE F*CK OUT MAH CUNTREEEE!!!!!post #59094 of 787198/30/13 at 7:39ampost #59095 of 787198/30/13 at 7:43ampost #59096 of 787198/30/13 at 7:50ampost #59097 of 787198/30/13 at 7:52amSpoo clearly gets a well deserved/earned benefit of the doubt when posting a fit like this. On top of the fact that he dares to, 99.9% of the time he pulls it off. His pics exhibit a great deal of confidence in how he looks. The tailoring of his fits is also on a "whole 'notha level".
I thought I was pretty sharp before seeing guys like Spoo, fat guido, Victor and some others. Now that a lot of the senior members no longer post in this thread, Spoo is the remaining "Boss" that many of us look to for inspiration. And it's not just a matter of being able to put on expensive clothing. It's the blending of colors and textures along with the perfect tailoring and killing it wearing both corporate and casual.
No one is perfect and everyone "misses" from time to time but this dude hits it out the park pretty consistently. If only he were bald...LOL
Fanboy out!post #59098 of 787198/30/13 at 7:54amQuote:
My doubt has no benefit to give! I judge based on individual outfits, not personalities.
I agree with you though, Spoo looks spectacular almost always. He has been an inspiration to me.post #59099 of 787198/30/13 at 8:44ampost #59100 of 787198/30/13 at 8:45amQuote:
I messed it up a little bit on purpose, because the rest of the outfit was a bit too "serious" for my taste (no loafers, no messy PS, all the sleeve buttons were buttoned, jacket's length was standard, etc.)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NWT Canali Blue Label Wool Cashmere Overcoat Darkgrey 42R (fit is... 6 seconds ago
- › Spring in in the air! KITON Silk Blouson *NWT* MSRP $4595 9 seconds ago
- › Alden X Leffot Tanker Boots, Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Size 7D 16 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 seconds ago
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label x Gaziano & Girling "Numan" 10/10.5D 26 seconds ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 29 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 30 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 31 seconds ago
- › ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER 2 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.