Nice tie, Spoo!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3939post #59071 of 787228/29/13 at 5:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59072 of 787228/29/13 at 6:01pmpost #59073 of 787228/29/13 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks for the nice feedback on today's look fellas; much appreciated!
Beware, the RM Williams are a bit more sturdy a last than you might want for more streamlined outfits. They work best with decidedly casual fabrics rather than anything approaching formality. If you want a smarter chelsea, say to wear with slim worsted suits or the like, I would recommend something sleek from EG or Lobb rather than RM Williams. The RM Williams are insanely durable, however. I've had this pair for 6-8 yrs and worn them in torrential rain, snow and hot weather and they power through it all. Superb value; just bear in mind that they're a more casual chelsea boot than some others on the market.
Re: etymology of rig - thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that fit can sound a bit awkward, but it feels more natural to me than rig. Each to their own, etc, etc.
Thanks. My Australian relatives swear by RM Williams, but even at their dressiest, they look like a dressed-up work boot (sort of the inverse of how countryish Lobb shoes still look like dress shoes). I'm considering a sleeker pair, because I'd like to dress them up a bit -- though they're likely to end up with moleskin and denim more often than anything else. Slightly off-topic, but how do you feel about dealer boots/brogued chelseas?post #59074 of 787228/29/13 at 7:35pmpost #59075 of 787228/29/13 at 8:15pmpost #59076 of 787228/29/13 at 9:09pmpost #59077 of 787228/29/13 at 10:29pm
Very nice colours Spoo, it shows confidense. But I'm not happy with the jacket. I don't like the contrast buttons, and something is wrong in the neck and the sleeveheads. The fit is not that good there.
I noticed you prefere the tie very tight and high, showing a lot of collarband. Some men do, but to me that makes a messy impression.post #59078 of 787228/30/13 at 2:44ampost #59079 of 787228/30/13 at 3:42amThanks... the patches are stylistically wrong with a structured English shoulder and heavy navy flannelQuote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Jacket and tie looks a bit long, no? Other than that, it looks like a rather nice ensemble. May I ask what you regret with the patch pockets? Is it the pairing with a flannel suit? I'm having thoughts about purchasing a grey flannel suit with 2 patch pockets and would very much appreciate your input and expertise. Other are of course also welcome with inputs.post #59080 of 787228/30/13 at 3:46ampost #59081 of 787228/30/13 at 3:53ampost #59082 of 787228/30/13 at 3:59ampost #59083 of 787228/30/13 at 4:04amOriginally Posted by YRR92Originally Posted by Holdfast
Beware, the RM Williams are a bit more sturdy a last than you might want for more streamlined outfits. They work best with decidedly casual fabrics rather than anything approaching formality. If you want a smarter chelsea, say to wear with slim worsted suits or the like, I would recommend something sleek from EG or Lobb rather than RM Williams. The RM Williams are insanely durable, however. I've had this pair for 6-8 yrs and worn them in torrential rain, snow and hot weather and they power through it all. Superb value; just bear in mind that they're a more casual chelsea boot than some others on the market...
Thanks. My Australian relatives swear by RM Williams, but even at their dressiest, they look like a dressed-up work boot (sort of the inverse of how countryish Lobb shoes still look like dress shoes). I'm considering a sleeker pair, because I'd like to dress them up a bit -- though they're likely to end up with moleskin and denim more often than anything else. Slightly off-topic, but how do you feel about dealer boots/brogued chelseas?
Not a fan, personally. Perhaps I've seen too many cheap/bad examples, and that's coloured my perception of the style. But I feel's there's something mish-mashy about the style. Brogued lace-up boots, sure; can look fantastic. But brogued chelseas... eh, just not for me. I didn't realise "dealer boot" was the name for this style; I thought it was just another synonym for chelseas generally. Learn something new every day!post #59084 of 787228/30/13 at 4:30ami guess i could pair it with puffed square, woolly tie and suede derbies, say, (expect a pic soon ) but a navy patch flannel is still an oxymoron IMO. .. I just had a thing for patches when i commissioned itpost #59085 of 787228/30/13 at 5:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 second ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 29 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 54 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...