Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3938
Styleforum Top Picks
Another hot day of classes back in St. Louis so Seersucker it is
Apologize for crappy photos still lookng for good spot in dorm
Details (Click to show)
You dress a trillion times better than I do when I was in college, and might be even better than I do now
Thanks Mr. Díaz! About the cloth, I don't, tag says 100% wool. It's from Ermenegildo Zegna.
Thnaks, amigo! I agree with you, I need a brown tie, would love to wear one with this combo!
Thanks, choc! Yes, it is!
Thanks you, Don Raphael. The shoes are Santoni and the SC is Ermenegildo Zegna.
A (questionably) purple tie for the Friday challenge. Ebonyman, I trust the full-length shot amply demonstrates my fitness for the bald-head club. Try not to let the shine blind you.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a big fan of this suit, SB - quick question, though - are the flaps tucked in on purpose, and if so, what's the reasoning? I'm seeing this more often on here, and it makes me curious. I've also just picked up some pants from alterations that I'm trying with a 1 3/4" cuff, cuz I like the look. Is that what your cuffs are here?
Yep, they're intentionally tucked in. I go back and forth on doing so, but I generally prefer the sleeker look with suits. The cuffs are 1.625" (just put a ruler on 'em). I typically go with 2".
Betelgeuse, that look is a solid blue shirt away from
Thanks for the nice feedback on today's look fellas; much appreciated!
I picked it up on here (maybe on AAAC?). "Fit" has never sounded right to me, and I don't particularly like the word "outfit." I've heard "pile" used, too, but that never clicked for me.
I think you may have pushed me over the edge on picking up a pair of dark brown chelseas, too. I'm starting to think they're cover the whole range of formality I regularly wear.
Beware, the RM Williams are a bit more sturdy a last than you might want for more streamlined outfits. They work best with decidedly casual fabrics rather than anything approaching formality. If you want a smarter chelsea, say to wear with slim worsted suits or the like, I would recommend something sleek from EG or Lobb rather than RM Williams. The RM Williams are insanely durable, however. I've had this pair for 6-8 yrs and worn them in torrential rain, snow and hot weather and they power through it all. Superb value; just bear in mind that they're a more casual chelsea boot than some others on the market.
Re: etymology of rig - thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that fit can sound a bit awkward, but it feels more natural to me than rig. Each to their own, etc, etc.
I really like this; superb colours & patterns.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit: Corneliani (Leader 2)
Tie: Robert Talbot Carmel
Glasses: Ray Bans
You son of a....I had my eye on that tie for weeks. I was waiting for it to hit clearance and missed it. I'm glad a stylish bastard like yourself got it though. Awesome pick up.
beat you too it! lol..nah I'd had my eye on it too for a while.. but it was a good buy in my book..
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Burberry Blue Flannel DB suit 38L/40L 2 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 3 minutes ago
- › Statistics, Data Science, and Data Mining Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 4 minutes ago
- › Carhartt Clash Parka - Asphalt XS 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw