lol, thanks, man.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3938post #59056 of 787218/29/13 at 1:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59057 of 787218/29/13 at 1:29pm
Thanks Mr. Díaz! About the cloth, I don't, tag says 100% wool. It's from Ermenegildo Zegna.Quote:
Thnaks, amigo! I agree with you, I need a brown tie, would love to wear one with this combo!
Thanks, choc! Yes, it is!
Thanks you, Don Raphael. The shoes are Santoni and the SC is Ermenegildo Zegna.post #59058 of 787218/29/13 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Off My RackQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
A (questionably) purple tie for the Friday challenge. Ebonyman, I trust the full-length shot amply demonstrates my fitness for the bald-head club. Try not to let the shine blind you.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a big fan of this suit, SB - quick question, though - are the flaps tucked in on purpose, and if so, what's the reasoning? I'm seeing this more often on here, and it makes me curious. I've also just picked up some pants from alterations that I'm trying with a 1 3/4" cuff, cuz I like the look. Is that what your cuffs are here?
Yep, they're intentionally tucked in. I go back and forth on doing so, but I generally prefer the sleeker look with suits. The cuffs are 1.625" (just put a ruler on 'em). I typically go with 2".
Betelgeuse, that look is a solid blue shirt away frompost #59059 of 787218/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #59060 of 787218/29/13 at 2:42pmpost #59061 of 787218/29/13 at 3:27pm
Thanks for the nice feedback on today's look fellas; much appreciated!Originally Posted by YRR92
I picked it up on here (maybe on AAAC?). "Fit" has never sounded right to me, and I don't particularly like the word "outfit." I've heard "pile" used, too, but that never clicked for me.
I think you may have pushed me over the edge on picking up a pair of dark brown chelseas, too. I'm starting to think they're cover the whole range of formality I regularly wear.
Beware, the RM Williams are a bit more sturdy a last than you might want for more streamlined outfits. They work best with decidedly casual fabrics rather than anything approaching formality. If you want a smarter chelsea, say to wear with slim worsted suits or the like, I would recommend something sleek from EG or Lobb rather than RM Williams. The RM Williams are insanely durable, however. I've had this pair for 6-8 yrs and worn them in torrential rain, snow and hot weather and they power through it all. Superb value; just bear in mind that they're a more casual chelsea boot than some others on the market.
Re: etymology of rig - thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that fit can sound a bit awkward, but it feels more natural to me than rig. Each to their own, etc, etc.
I really like this; superb colours & patterns.post #59062 of 787218/29/13 at 3:37pmpost #59063 of 787218/29/13 at 3:38pmpost #59064 of 787218/29/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit: Corneliani (Leader 2)
Tie: Robert Talbot Carmel
Glasses: Ray Bans
You son of a....I had my eye on that tie for weeks. I was waiting for it to hit clearance and missed it. I'm glad a stylish bastard like yourself got it though. Awesome pick up.post #59065 of 787218/29/13 at 4:09pmpost #59066 of 787218/29/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
beat you too it! lol..nah I'd had my eye on it too for a while.. but it was a good buy in my book..post #59067 of 787218/29/13 at 4:26pmpost #59068 of 787218/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #59069 of 787218/29/13 at 5:00pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › I watched The Italian Job (1969) 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...