lol, thanks, man.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3938post #59056 of 787218/29/13 at 1:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59057 of 787218/29/13 at 1:29pm
Thanks Mr. Díaz! About the cloth, I don't, tag says 100% wool. It's from Ermenegildo Zegna.Quote:
Thnaks, amigo! I agree with you, I need a brown tie, would love to wear one with this combo!
Thanks, choc! Yes, it is!
Thanks you, Don Raphael. The shoes are Santoni and the SC is Ermenegildo Zegna.post #59058 of 787218/29/13 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Off My RackQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
A (questionably) purple tie for the Friday challenge. Ebonyman, I trust the full-length shot amply demonstrates my fitness for the bald-head club. Try not to let the shine blind you.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a big fan of this suit, SB - quick question, though - are the flaps tucked in on purpose, and if so, what's the reasoning? I'm seeing this more often on here, and it makes me curious. I've also just picked up some pants from alterations that I'm trying with a 1 3/4" cuff, cuz I like the look. Is that what your cuffs are here?
Yep, they're intentionally tucked in. I go back and forth on doing so, but I generally prefer the sleeker look with suits. The cuffs are 1.625" (just put a ruler on 'em). I typically go with 2".
Betelgeuse, that look is a solid blue shirt away frompost #59059 of 787218/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #59060 of 787218/29/13 at 2:42pmpost #59061 of 787218/29/13 at 3:27pm
Thanks for the nice feedback on today's look fellas; much appreciated!Originally Posted by YRR92
I picked it up on here (maybe on AAAC?). "Fit" has never sounded right to me, and I don't particularly like the word "outfit." I've heard "pile" used, too, but that never clicked for me.
I think you may have pushed me over the edge on picking up a pair of dark brown chelseas, too. I'm starting to think they're cover the whole range of formality I regularly wear.
Beware, the RM Williams are a bit more sturdy a last than you might want for more streamlined outfits. They work best with decidedly casual fabrics rather than anything approaching formality. If you want a smarter chelsea, say to wear with slim worsted suits or the like, I would recommend something sleek from EG or Lobb rather than RM Williams. The RM Williams are insanely durable, however. I've had this pair for 6-8 yrs and worn them in torrential rain, snow and hot weather and they power through it all. Superb value; just bear in mind that they're a more casual chelsea boot than some others on the market.
Re: etymology of rig - thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that fit can sound a bit awkward, but it feels more natural to me than rig. Each to their own, etc, etc.
I really like this; superb colours & patterns.post #59062 of 787218/29/13 at 3:37pmpost #59063 of 787218/29/13 at 3:38pmpost #59064 of 787218/29/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit: Corneliani (Leader 2)
Tie: Robert Talbot Carmel
Glasses: Ray Bans
You son of a....I had my eye on that tie for weeks. I was waiting for it to hit clearance and missed it. I'm glad a stylish bastard like yourself got it though. Awesome pick up.post #59065 of 787218/29/13 at 4:09pmpost #59066 of 787218/29/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
beat you too it! lol..nah I'd had my eye on it too for a while.. but it was a good buy in my book..post #59067 of 787218/29/13 at 4:26pmpost #59068 of 787218/29/13 at 4:49pmpost #59069 of 787218/29/13 at 5:00pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015