Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3936post #59026 of 787228/29/13 at 9:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59027 of 787228/29/13 at 9:22am
Got dressed up for the Friday challenge. Sleeves on the shirt and the jacket are too short. I took a test shirt to the tailor to have the sleeves extended. This jacket is on my short list for the tailor most likely in the next few months.post #59028 of 787228/29/13 at 9:40ampost #59029 of 787228/29/13 at 9:46amQuote:
I like the DB and the pants..a very nautical look..post #59030 of 787228/29/13 at 9:48ampost #59031 of 787228/29/13 at 9:53ampost #59032 of 787228/29/13 at 9:54amQuote:
I totally agree.Quote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I agree with stitcher regarding the pants, though I'm less averse to them. Tonally (since this seems to be what's on my mind) the shirt and pants in combination are reminiscent of summer where as the tie, square, and jacket work to create a rustic feel that jars against this. The shirt can work with the top because light blue is a total work horse, but this creates a discordance with the bottom. I think a mid grey flannel trouser would be much better, along with a pair of dark brown suede derbies. All over though - did I get to this statement before anyone else? - I wish more first posts in this thread were as consistent as this.
Also, beware the moose knuckle. We are not tailors - which often bears repeating - and do not need to know which way you dress.
I've not been big on stripes either. My last few tie purchases have been macclesfield prints, which I should probably stop. Maybe I should go in for it just to break the cycle. They also still have the forest green with dots in stock. Maybe I'll make a run at both. Something to think on today.
Interesting thoughts! Thanks for your input.
Moose knuckle? Haha. Trust me, there's no moose knuckle action going on in that shot. Must be some kind of light phenomenon or something. But then again, my pents have been known to be somewhat of a rorschach test - in them, people often see what they want to see.post #59033 of 787228/29/13 at 9:55ampost #59034 of 787228/29/13 at 9:58ampost #59035 of 787228/29/13 at 9:58amThanks for the replies gents!
AAS, what color is your tie in that fit? Nice use of color as usual..
Stitchie, love the color of that suit. Is the jacket the usual length? It seems a bit short.
Choc, you are consistently killing it!
Rudals, nice looking suit/shirt/tie combo. Hate the oversize/casual watch though.
Now, what is this Friday challenge guys are referring too?post #59036 of 787228/29/13 at 10:24ampost #59037 of 787228/29/13 at 10:29ampost #59038 of 787228/29/13 at 10:34ampost #59039 of 787228/29/13 at 11:07am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 just now
- › Black magic specialist in mumbai +91-9928926628 9 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Black magic specialist in japan+91-9928926628 2 minutes ago
- › Black magic specialist in singapore +91-9928926628 3 minutes ago
- › Black magic specialist in dubai +91-9928926628 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 6 minutes ago
- › Black magic specialist in canada+91-9928926628 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...