I like the DB and the pants..a very nautical look..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3936post #59026 of 787188/29/13 at 9:46ampost #59027 of 787188/29/13 at 9:48ampost #59028 of 787188/29/13 at 9:53ampost #59029 of 787188/29/13 at 9:54amQuote:
I totally agree.Quote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I agree with stitcher regarding the pants, though I'm less averse to them. Tonally (since this seems to be what's on my mind) the shirt and pants in combination are reminiscent of summer where as the tie, square, and jacket work to create a rustic feel that jars against this. The shirt can work with the top because light blue is a total work horse, but this creates a discordance with the bottom. I think a mid grey flannel trouser would be much better, along with a pair of dark brown suede derbies. All over though - did I get to this statement before anyone else? - I wish more first posts in this thread were as consistent as this.
Also, beware the moose knuckle. We are not tailors - which often bears repeating - and do not need to know which way you dress.
I've not been big on stripes either. My last few tie purchases have been macclesfield prints, which I should probably stop. Maybe I should go in for it just to break the cycle. They also still have the forest green with dots in stock. Maybe I'll make a run at both. Something to think on today.
Interesting thoughts! Thanks for your input.
Moose knuckle? Haha. Trust me, there's no moose knuckle action going on in that shot. Must be some kind of light phenomenon or something. But then again, my pents have been known to be somewhat of a rorschach test - in them, people often see what they want to see.post #59030 of 787188/29/13 at 9:55ampost #59031 of 787188/29/13 at 9:58ampost #59032 of 787188/29/13 at 9:58amThanks for the replies gents!
AAS, what color is your tie in that fit? Nice use of color as usual..
Stitchie, love the color of that suit. Is the jacket the usual length? It seems a bit short.
Choc, you are consistently killing it!
Rudals, nice looking suit/shirt/tie combo. Hate the oversize/casual watch though.
Now, what is this Friday challenge guys are referring too?post #59033 of 787188/29/13 at 10:24ampost #59034 of 787188/29/13 at 10:29ampost #59035 of 787188/29/13 at 10:34ampost #59036 of 787188/29/13 at 11:07ampost #59037 of 787188/29/13 at 11:08ampost #59038 of 787188/29/13 at 11:10ampost #59039 of 787188/29/13 at 11:17ampost #59040 of 787188/29/13 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Today classic with navy blazer and grey flanell trouser
Nice, both fit and colour. The shirtsleeve is 2 cm too long on the left hand, else it's good.
I think I'll have a Kölsch and enjoy the evening.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suit Supply Havana Blue Stripe Linen Silk Suit 36R Suitsupply 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 15 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Wool Ties — DIME PIECES ONLY — Kiton & Luciano Barbera 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding