Derek - I keep thinking I should by the Navy-Red double bar from Vanda, but do you have any other recommendations?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3934post #58996 of 787228/29/13 at 6:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58997 of 787228/29/13 at 6:10ampost #58998 of 787228/29/13 at 6:28amHF - that one powerpack of a fit. I like it a lot.
yes. really nice tailoring job there, crusty.Quote:
i like the top. imo the chinos are WAY to casual for the rest of that fit.post #58999 of 787228/29/13 at 6:32amQuote:Originally Posted by MDeKelver
Nice suit, I have Canalis in the 14xxx and 19xxx series, but what is that one? You look like a 13xxx guy. What is the three button option? Most I've seen of them are very hard three, and not 3-roll-2 like that. If you could be a good guy and post the model number of that, it would help! ....IMHO a very rare piece.
Model is : AL 13320/32 It's at least 10 years old.post #59000 of 787228/29/13 at 6:33amQuote:
For some reason, i have an aversion to stripes lately.....for the longest time i ONLY bought striped ties so i had to force myself to stop...But that double red stripe is SOOOO nice. I also love the forest green with pindots..but im not sure if theyre still available.post #59001 of 787228/29/13 at 6:44ampost #59002 of 787228/29/13 at 6:55ampost #59003 of 787228/29/13 at 7:11amQuote:
I agree with stitcher regarding the pants, though I'm less averse to them. Tonally (since this seems to be what's on my mind) the shirt and pants in combination are reminiscent of summer where as the tie, square, and jacket work to create a rustic feel that jars against this. The shirt can work with the top because light blue is a total work horse, but this creates a discordance with the bottom. I think a mid grey flannel trouser would be much better, along with a pair of dark brown suede derbies. All over though - did I get to this statement before anyone else? - I wish more first posts in this thread were as consistent as this.
Also, beware the moose knuckle. We are not tailors - which often bears repeating - and do not need to know which way you dress.Quote:
I've not been big on stripes either. My last few tie purchases have been macclesfield prints, which I should probably stop. Maybe I should go in for it just to break the cycle. They also still have the forest green with dots in stock. Maybe I'll make a run at both. Something to think on today.post #59004 of 787228/29/13 at 7:34amQuote:
Definitely not bad. The pants are too informal for the top, and the tie, though beautiful isn't doing it for me with that jacket. The tie might be a bit too vivid.
Holdfast--that had better be this week's entry. And it had better win.post #59005 of 787228/29/13 at 7:43am
Another hot day of classes back in St. Louis so Seersucker it is
Apologize for crappy photos still lookng for good spot in dormpost #59006 of 787228/29/13 at 7:50ampost #59007 of 787228/29/13 at 8:00ampost #59008 of 787228/29/13 at 8:02ampost #59009 of 787228/29/13 at 8:05am
I picked it up on here (maybe on AAAC?). "Fit" has never sounded right to me, and I don't particularly like the word "outfit." I've heard "pile" used, too, but that never clicked for me.
I think you may have pushed me over the edge on picking up a pair of dark brown chelseas, too. I'm starting to think they're cover the whole range of formality I regularly wear.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › UFC}}}}}>>>Aldo vs Mendes 2 Live Streaming 10 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 38 seconds ago
- › LiVE=PPV=Chad Mendes 2 vs Jose Aldo Live live 55 seconds ago
- › LiVE=%%%===**Aldo vs Mendes 2 Live Strea 56 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › UFC///Tv//**Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2 Live Strea 1 minute ago
- › LiVE)))=Tv==Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2 Live live 2 minutes ago
- › UFC///Tv//**Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes 2 Live Strea 2 minutes ago
- › Are Expensive Ties or Socks Worth The Dough? 2 minutes ago
- › LIVE@@@@ Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes LIVE UFC 179 Tv 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...