and ironically, I'm probably on a bunch of people's ignore list myself!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3914post #58696 of 787238/25/13 at 8:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58697 of 787238/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #58698 of 787238/25/13 at 11:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I know this is isn't a cologne forum, but I just got Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille, and it's seriously strong. 1 spray lasts 24 hours, even after a shower. It's pricey, but it's definitely worth the money. The girl who was lucky enough to enjoy my company last night couldn't stop complimenting me on it.
So, I thought I'd give brown and navy a try. What do you guys think, yes or no? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beautiful suit, sort of reminds me of what I am wearing today (although SB, not a DB). Maybe the PS comes off as too light in this fit, but it's hard to say since the photos are kind of dark...Quote:Originally Posted by rudals1281
Does this work?! I cannot find a freaking tie that would go with this suit for the love of Godivi. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It works OK, but you could do better with, for instance, a dark grey or brown tie. A neat with navy ground could work too, but it would require the right pattern to not come off as too matchy with the suit. It depends on de degree of formality you are aiming for.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sold on the tie, but everything else is top notch.
Edited by Pingson - 8/25/13 at 11:56pmpost #58699 of 787238/26/13 at 4:27amToday's attire was recycled from yesterday - an unfortunate solemn duty, the attendance of a wake for a long-time colleague. I switched out yesterday's dark tie for today's Charvet to lessen the severity of the look a bit.
Suit - BBGF Regent
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #58700 of 787238/26/13 at 5:05ampost #58701 of 787238/26/13 at 5:30amQuote:Originally Posted by MonkeyfaceQuote:
Sorry, I won't sell my impartiality for any less than 19 million US dollars, paid in 10 dollar bills, so I can do this with it:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And here I was thinking a menswear forum would be a safe place! I managed to go so long without being spoiled. looks like I'm quitting SF until the last episode has been aired.
I intend to watch the last 8 episodes in one session!post #58702 of 787238/26/13 at 5:42amQuote:
In my defense, it did say spoiler ;) This scene is incredibly minor though, so there's nothing to worry about! Just a little humor to lighten up the dark story.
Edited by Monkeyface - 8/26/13 at 6:58ampost #58703 of 787238/26/13 at 5:57ampost #58704 of 787238/26/13 at 6:02ampost #58705 of 787238/26/13 at 6:05ampost #58706 of 787238/26/13 at 6:29am
Dream career...I hope you're not enrolled in a MBA program...post #58707 of 787238/26/13 at 6:34amQuote:
yeah, that didnt spoil anything imo. i had not even seen the forst two episodes until last night, and that gif did not give anything away.
in other news, great fit, crusty. that tie is very pretty.post #58708 of 787238/26/13 at 6:49ampost #58709 of 787238/26/13 at 7:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ATTACHMENT: The Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)