Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3912post #58666 of 787238/25/13 at 11:10amThanks guys.Quote:Yep, I've had it about a month. Made by Chan in an interesting green/blue/gray linen/wool/silk blend from Zegna (thanks again edmorel for the help). Here's a closeup of the fabric with those fine, hand sewn buttonholes Chan is known for:
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58667 of 787238/25/13 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I know this is isn't a cologne forum, but I just got Tom Ford's Tabacco Vanille, and it's seriously strong. 1 spray lasts 24 hours, even after a shower. It's pricey, but it's definitely worth the money. The girl who was lucky enough to enjoy my company last night couldn't stop complimenting me on it.
So, I thought I'd give brown and navy a try. What do you guys think, yes or no?
Amazing suit again. I like the tie and shoes, but think the pocket square and socks could be better. I think if the socks are the same colors as the shoes or pants they should match as closely as possible. I think the light blue socks break up the flow too much here. I'd recommend a darker blue pair. The pocket square introduces two new different shades of blue to an outfit that already has six different shades of blue (shoe, shoe, socks, suit, tie, shirt). I think a solid pocket square would be more fitting given the patterns already present in the suit and tie. Did I say those shoes are awesome? Those shoes are awesome.post #58668 of 787238/25/13 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Amazing suit again. I like the tie and shoes, but think the pocket square and socks could be better. I think if the socks are the same colors as the shoes or pants they should match as closely as possible. I think the light blue socks break up the flow too much here. I'd recommend a darker blue pair. The pocket square introduces two new different shades of blue to an outfit that already has six different shades of blue (shoe, shoe, socks, suit, tie, shirt). I think a solid pocket square would be more fitting given the patterns already present in the suit and tie. Did I say those shoes are awesome? Those shoes are awesome.
Thanks for the critique, agreed on both points! I wore a solid white square yesterday though, and I have this weird rule that I don't like wearing the same hanky twice in a row. It would look a lot better though.
I instantly fell in love with shoes when I saw them, and luckily Justin (theshoesnob) had them on sale! They're some of the most comfortable shoes I own, because they're made from French calf, which is supposed to be more supple.post #58669 of 787238/25/13 at 12:26pmAgain, long time no post. Monkeyface has a fantastic suit but could use another tie and perhaps a pocket square.
This one's from today's blog entry, a holiday outfit from earlier this week.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #58670 of 787238/25/13 at 12:35pmpost #58671 of 787238/25/13 at 12:53pmpost #58672 of 787238/25/13 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Roy Al
Everything off the peg today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit - Vittorio Lorino (Rome).
Shirt - Chevron, Harvie & Hudson.
Tie -- Dege & Skinner.
PS - The Met.
Shoes - AE.
Braces - Albert Thurston.
post #58673 of 787238/25/13 at 1:18pm
Orgetorix - pebble grain and check sport coat are a great combo. The tie is a little saturated on top of the white shirt but I'm sure you already considered light blue. Button stance is spot on.
Uunottaja - I see where you are going with this but the proportions are off. One's collar spread and/or trouser cuff should not be a greater width than one's lapels. The palette is good. The jacket's short length is obviously your preference and goes with the cargo trousers, but nevertheless the patch pockets are too long. Shoes are very nice.
post #58674 of 787238/25/13 at 1:21pmpost #58675 of 787238/25/13 at 3:14pmpost #58676 of 787238/25/13 at 3:21pmpost #58677 of 787238/25/13 at 4:22pmpost #58678 of 787238/25/13 at 5:25pmpost #58679 of 787238/25/13 at 5:31pmpost #58680 of 787238/25/13 at 5:35pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - TEXTURES - 9/9/14 - 9/30/14 30 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › TODAY! Bowling Green Falcons vs Wisconsin Badgers Live Stream... 1 minute ago
- › TODAY! Troy Trojans vs Georgia Bulldogs Live Stream Online NCAA Hd... 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › TODAY! Eastern Michigan Eagles vs Michigan State Spartans Live... 1 minute ago
- › Watch NCAA Live Stream Online Bowling Green Falcons vs Wisconsin... 2 minutes ago
- › Watch NCAA Live Stream Online Troy Trojans vs Georgia Bulldogs 2014... 2 minutes ago
- › Watch NCAA Live Stream Online Eastern Michigan Eagles vs Michigan... 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)