Totally worth the wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3909post #58621 of 787248/24/13 at 10:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58622 of 787248/24/13 at 10:34ampost #58623 of 787248/24/13 at 11:00ampost #58624 of 787248/24/13 at 11:25am
New Epaulet FF chinos, D&G mainline linen blazer, Kamakura shirt, Drakes tie, and Meermin shoes. The fabric of the FF chinos is amazing, it's very soft and lightweight, and feels very luxurious for chinos. The color is also great, with a very nice orange/blue overcheck. I rolled them up for now, while I decide whether I should cuff them. Had difficulty taking pictures, they were either too dark or too light.post #58625 of 787248/24/13 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
New Epaulet FF chinos, D&G mainline linen blazer, Kamakura shirt, Drakes tie, and Meermin shoes. The fabric of the FF chinos is amazing, it's very soft and lightweight, and feels very luxurious for chinos. The color is also great, with a very nice orange/blue overcheck. I rolled them up for now, while I decide whether I should cuff them. Had difficulty taking pictures, they were either too dark or too light.
Very nice combo of colors and patterns. The solids ground the patterns well. The pants look super slim though. Did you taper them or did they come that way?post #58626 of 787248/24/13 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
New Epaulet FF chinos, D&G mainline linen blazer, Kamakura shirt, Drakes tie, and Meermin shoes. The fabric of the FF chinos is amazing, it's very soft and lightweight, and feels very luxurious for chinos. The color is also great, with a very nice orange/blue overcheck. I rolled them up for now, while I decide whether I should cuff them. Had difficulty taking pictures, they were either too dark or too light.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! I want a pair nowpost #58627 of 787248/24/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Cheers! Yeah, they're straight out of the box. Prob gonna let them out a bit and put 2" cuffs on them.post #58628 of 787248/24/13 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by jorgenjevne
My first post on this thing.
Looking for some feedback concerning fit. And what about the pocket square?
Date night with the Mrs.
(Sorry about the picture-quality).
Hi Jorgenjevne, welcome to StyleForum!
A couple of things I feel could be improved:
- Jacket is too short (it should fully, or almost fully cover your rear, even if you're wearing jeans)
- I would not wear a french-cuffed shirt with jeans and that SC.
- If you want to wear white, I would suggest an OCBD. But rather, I would prefer a light blue OCBD/Spread.
- I'm not a fan of the multistripe socks, and would choose a more subtle pair.
- It looks just a tad tight across the shoulders and in the chest, but overall OK.
- I would choose another PS, and just push it down rather than fold it due to the casual nature of the outfit (but that's just a personal preference)
- I always go for a no-break if I'm wearing jeans with an SC (I actually go for a no-break for all pants, but I find it especially important that the jeans aren't too long when I'm pairing them with a jacket and tie).
- The jacket looks striped (correct me if I'm wrong). Personally, I'm not a big fan of striped SCs (except seersucker), and I think a solid or some kind of check etc. would be better
- I can't tell what kind of tie you're wearing, but I would recommend trying a knit-tie, an unlined grenadine or something with texture or a pattern (such as stripes) when wearing a tie with jeans.
I hope you find something useful in my comments, and again, welcome!post #58629 of 787248/24/13 at 2:06pmpost #58630 of 787248/24/13 at 2:17pmpost #58631 of 787248/24/13 at 2:21pmpost #58632 of 787248/24/13 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Well, nothing I wear is appropriate for my line of work. I'm in IT.
Putting that aside, it's about how far I can push the bounds of 'Looking good, bro!' to 'Really? Why?' I think suede tassels like RDiaz wears could work alright, but I'm holding off, as I don't even have any staples. I don't have any brown shoes besides my EG Westminsters. I need some brown captoes for my next purchase. I was going to get that instead of the full strap navy shell, but I couldn't hold back. I mean, SHIT are these going to be hot.
(photochopped pic of a shot from The Armoury)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dude... haven't you listened to estitchy? "BUY MOAR SHOES!" (in stitches, 2013) Buy the captoes and the blue Carmina loafers... those are nice!post #58633 of 787248/24/13 at 2:36pmpost #58634 of 787248/24/13 at 2:40pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 16 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 21 seconds ago
- › The Green Tie Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)