Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3906post #58576 of 787198/23/13 at 10:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58577 of 787198/23/13 at 10:52am
SB, not sure I would have gone with a tie that contrasts so little with everything else, but this is one of those things that I can appreciate even if I wouldn't wear it myself. Looks like you should be fanning yourself while sipping a mint julep. Looks good.post #58578 of 787198/23/13 at 11:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately , but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
definitely better.post #58579 of 787198/23/13 at 11:53ampost #58580 of 787198/23/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
I generally like a little more contrast, but with light-colored suits I also like the low-contrast approach. I had a light-blue tie next to this one this morning, but the "monotone" spoke to me. For more contrast, I also could have worn the tan linen tie I have, but I forgot about that one.post #58581 of 787198/23/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
Agreed on the tie. Looks a little washed out to me. Maybe it's just the resolution of the pictures, though.post #58582 of 787198/23/13 at 1:37pm
x-post from MC Casual. New shorts. Nice and slim. The shirt and the shorts are both blue oxford. I've been wanting to try the whole sport coat and shorts thing all summer. I imagine a white shirt would look better, but I thought this was more fun. Have a good weekend.post #58583 of 787198/23/13 at 1:48pmpost #58584 of 787198/23/13 at 1:51pmpost #58585 of 787198/23/13 at 1:55pmpost #58586 of 787198/23/13 at 2:08pmOriginally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know I went monochrome/tonal yesterday also, but I think a solid tie would help the effect here. Everything else is good though, barring the slanted jacket pockets which seem unusual on a cotton suit. Suit/shoe combo is perfect.
Thanks. I regularly veer between liking and hating pink+red present in the same look. Today I liked it.Originally Posted by An Acute Style
x-post from MC Casual. New shorts. Nice and slim. The shirt and the shorts are both blue oxford. I've been wanting to try the whole sport coat and shorts thing all summer. I imagine a white shirt would look better, but I thought this was more fun. Have a good weekend.
This IS really fun. I do agree that a white shirt would have worked better, and don't think it would have detracted from the fun. Good casual look. Post it into the summer challenge thread if you haven't already; I'll certainly give it a vote.post #58587 of 787198/23/13 at 3:18pmpost #58588 of 787198/23/13 at 3:21pmpost #58589 of 787198/23/13 at 3:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › Suit colors 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...