or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3906  

post #58576 of 78723
Gracias, Estitchy.
post #58577 of 78723

These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately shog[1].gif, but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #58578 of 78723

That's much much better. Derby laces look casual to me, which works in the summer. The color, too.

 

And I love quarter-brogues, so that works.

 

And the fit in that pic is pretty legit, too.

post #58579 of 78723
I really like this, HF. Took me a couple of looks to decide on the red of the PS, but imo it works. Fabrics are great.
post #58580 of 78723

SB, not sure I would have gone with a tie that contrasts so little with everything else, but this is one of those things that I can appreciate even if I wouldn't wear it myself. Looks like you should be fanning yourself while sipping a mint julep. Looks good.

post #58581 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately shog%5B1%5D.gif, but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

definitely better.
post #58582 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

Friday chalk stripes
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This is excellent.
post #58583 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

SB, not sure I would have gone with a tie that contrasts so little with everything else, but this is one of those things that I can appreciate even if I wouldn't wear it myself. Looks like you should be fanning yourself while sipping a mint julep. Looks good.

I generally like a little more contrast, but with light-colored suits I also like the low-contrast approach. I had a light-blue tie next to this one this morning, but the "monotone" spoke to me. For more contrast, I also could have worn the tan linen tie I have, but I forgot about that one. shog[1].gif
post #58584 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

SB, not sure I would have gone with a tie that contrasts so little with everything else, but this is one of those things that I can appreciate even if I wouldn't wear it myself. Looks like you should be fanning yourself while sipping a mint julep. Looks good.

Agreed on the tie. Looks a little washed out to me. Maybe it's just the resolution of the pictures, though.
post #58585 of 78723

x-post from MC Casual.  New shorts.  Nice and slim.  The shirt and the shorts are both blue oxford.  I've been wanting to try the whole sport coat and shorts thing all summer.  I imagine a white shirt would look better, but I thought this was more fun.  Have a good weekend.  

 

 

Details. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #58586 of 78723
Hello Gents
post #58587 of 78723
oh hai fred. looking well.
post #58588 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

oh hai fred. looking well.

No kidding, that is all kinds of simplistic awesomeness. I like those lapels...are those Loake 1880 Strands?
post #58589 of 78723
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I know I went monochrome/tonal yesterday also, but I think a solid tie would help the effect here. Everything else is good though, barring the slanted jacket pockets which seem unusual on a cotton suit. Suit/shoe combo is perfect.

 

Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post

I really like this, HF. Took me a couple of looks to decide on the red of the PS, but imo it works. Fabrics are great.

 

Thanks. I regularly veer between liking and hating pink+red present in the same look. Today I liked it.

 

Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

x-post from MC Casual.  New shorts.  Nice and slim.  The shirt and the shorts are both blue oxford.  I've been wanting to try the whole sport coat and shorts thing all summer.  I imagine a white shirt would look better, but I thought this was more fun.  Have a good weekend.  

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This IS really fun. I do agree that a white shirt would have worked better, and don't think it would have detracted from the fun. Good casual look. Post it into the summer challenge thread if you haven't already; I'll certainly give it a vote.

post #58590 of 78723
Great look, but the angle is making me feel ... not so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

Hello Gents
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III