i have no idea what the hell he was talking about, thats why i didnt bother to reply.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3905post #58561 of 787198/23/13 at 9:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58562 of 787198/23/13 at 9:41amQuote:
As SB once said, we all fail to heed our better angel at times. I need to start ignoring posts like that.
But it did just occur to me that I may be able to roll up my unhemmed HY pants for the Friday fit instead of cuffing them. THAT is fashion forward.post #58563 of 787198/23/13 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
lol, but i hear he has THREE wooden pegs. AYO!
they were well deserved.
all my pics are iphone pics. they do ok imho, and it beats nothin. see below!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a very superb fit my man.
I'll post a full length shot once I get my new RJ back from my tailor.post #58564 of 787198/23/13 at 9:48amQuote:
Probably a streetwear & denim thing.
I've never seen anyone here post pics with a roll.post #58565 of 787198/23/13 at 9:50ampost #58566 of 787198/23/13 at 9:58am
If I could have my way (I suppose I could), I'd just wear park avenues in brown, black, and burgundy all the time. I suspect as I get older, this is what I'll end up doing.
I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Most Koreans can understand (well, can sort of understand) why I have so many ties/jackets/shirts. That I have 10+ pairs of shoes, or spend more than 300 dollars (for me, the sweet spot is between 300-500...I'm a low roller like that) on shoes, is a mystery to most of them. Also that I used shoe trees. For them, shoes are something to be used and disposed of.
Perhaps I'll change my mind once I return to the States.
I agree with Johnboy's pro jacket/shirt/tie sentiments, though I'm not so vociferously anti-shoe. Most of the shoes that get posted here are quite wonderful and unmuddy. I just don't get the same...satisfaction...in seeing an awesome pant, sock, and shoe combo that I do with jacket/shirt/tie/ps.post #58567 of 787198/23/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I agree with Johnboy's pro jacket/shirt/tie sentiments, though I'm not so vociferously anti-shoe. Most of the shoes that get posted here are quite wonderful and unmuddy. I just don't get the same...satisfaction...in seeing an awesome pant, sock, and shoe combo that I do with jacket/shirt/tie/ps.
I feel the same. But I like a full fit more than anything. I don't need a closeup of the shoes, though it's not a negative. The full fit matters most. Your summer fit was legit until you mentioned the boots, which look quite winteresque to me. It would have been the difference of a few points to see them.post #58568 of 787198/23/13 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I feel the same. But I like a full fit more than anything. I don't need a closeup of the shoes, though it's not a negative. The full fit matters most. Your summer fit was legit until you mentioned the boots, which look quite winteresque to me. It would have been the difference of a few points to see them.
this. i am not advocating for close ups of the socks, pants, shoes. we have a dedicated thread for that.
what i am saying is, that a full fit is incomplete without seeing the shoes. i am even hesitant to really give full accolades to a fit without the shoes showing. the wrong shoes often really throw off a fit for me.post #58569 of 787198/23/13 at 10:13ampost #58570 of 787198/23/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)hi guise-
Nathan Lane, sorry, it's you DC, nice fit
Pingson- that's a great jacket- 2 great jackets really, and a fantastic tie- so subtle, so dry
Would appreciate opinions on which is better below?- with the blue linen, or same fit, brown escorial tie.
Cream poplin shirt, white linen PS
Lite Blue Linen- Hober Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BlueQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute StyleQuote:
These socks are fine. I have spoken.post #58571 of 787198/23/13 at 10:16ampost #58572 of 787198/23/13 at 10:19ampost #58573 of 787198/23/13 at 10:20ampost #58574 of 787198/23/13 at 10:26am
These were the shoes changed into. Probably an improvement, though you'd have to see them with the pants to really tell. That probably won't happen too often unfortunately , but I'll ask Mrs. C to make the occasional effort.post #58575 of 787198/23/13 at 10:28am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...