Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3904post #58546 of 787178/23/13 at 7:49ampost #58547 of 787178/23/13 at 8:05amQuote:Quote:
I usually like it as well, but I think for CBD and general consistency it looks better if the socks are darker than the pants. Otherwise it causes a break between the shoes and the pants. It can draw too much attention to the socks.post #58548 of 787178/23/13 at 8:15ampost #58549 of 787178/23/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Referring to CM? If so, that was one of my first impressions of this fit.
The simple white linen square and light grey socks cool this look down so much and give it a more interesting character than with blue socks. I would have gone with navy and a stronger rendering of cordovan on the shoe and that would have been predictable and boring.
To me the irony of this fit is that elements of a more formal fit - subdued palette, white square - are rendered casual by the tie and cooled-out line of light blue shirt, light grey trousers, and light grey socks.
One splash of color and textural contrast from the tie nail it together. Summer fit.post #58550 of 787178/23/13 at 8:32am
No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.post #58551 of 787178/23/13 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.
well, fine, dont buy more, but you NEED to show them in your pics. imo bad shoes can ruin an otherwise great fit, and great shoes can make a great fit even better. they are a major part of the whole fit to me.post #58552 of 787178/23/13 at 9:23ampost #58553 of 787178/23/13 at 9:27ampost #58554 of 787178/23/13 at 9:28amQuote:
I don't think Clag has feet. It's all a ruse.
He's got two wooden pegs. They're bespoke pegs, probably. Hand crafted.post #58555 of 787178/23/13 at 9:34ampost #58556 of 787178/23/13 at 9:34am
Re: Clags and Stitch
I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..post #58557 of 787178/23/13 at 9:35amQuote:
lol, but i hear he has THREE wooden pegs. AYO!Quote:
they were well deserved.
all my pics are iphone pics. they do ok imho, and it beats nothin. see below!post #58558 of 787178/23/13 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Re: Clags and Stitch
I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..
Well that sucks that you don't clean your shoes when they have mud on them. I do.
And since when does anyone roll up the trousers in fits that we're talking about? Those are slacks. Those don't get rolled up.
AYOOOpost #58559 of 787178/23/13 at 9:39amQuote:
i have no idea what the hell he was talking about, thats why i didnt bother to reply.post #58560 of 787178/23/13 at 9:41amQuote:
As SB once said, we all fail to heed our better angel at times. I need to start ignoring posts like that.
But it did just occur to me that I may be able to roll up my unhemmed HY pants for the Friday fit instead of cuffing them. THAT is fashion forward.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 43 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...