I'm 100% with the no-boot club. Partially because I don't like boots and mostly because it didn't make sense. Good switch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3904post #58546 of 787188/23/13 at 7:48ampost #58547 of 787188/23/13 at 7:49ampost #58548 of 787188/23/13 at 8:05amQuote:Quote:
I usually like it as well, but I think for CBD and general consistency it looks better if the socks are darker than the pants. Otherwise it causes a break between the shoes and the pants. It can draw too much attention to the socks.post #58549 of 787188/23/13 at 8:15ampost #58550 of 787188/23/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Referring to CM? If so, that was one of my first impressions of this fit.
The simple white linen square and light grey socks cool this look down so much and give it a more interesting character than with blue socks. I would have gone with navy and a stronger rendering of cordovan on the shoe and that would have been predictable and boring.
To me the irony of this fit is that elements of a more formal fit - subdued palette, white square - are rendered casual by the tie and cooled-out line of light blue shirt, light grey trousers, and light grey socks.
One splash of color and textural contrast from the tie nail it together. Summer fit.post #58551 of 787188/23/13 at 8:32am
No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.post #58552 of 787188/23/13 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.
well, fine, dont buy more, but you NEED to show them in your pics. imo bad shoes can ruin an otherwise great fit, and great shoes can make a great fit even better. they are a major part of the whole fit to me.post #58553 of 787188/23/13 at 9:23ampost #58554 of 787188/23/13 at 9:27ampost #58555 of 787188/23/13 at 9:28amQuote:
I don't think Clag has feet. It's all a ruse.
He's got two wooden pegs. They're bespoke pegs, probably. Hand crafted.post #58556 of 787188/23/13 at 9:34ampost #58557 of 787188/23/13 at 9:34am
Re: Clags and Stitch
I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..post #58558 of 787188/23/13 at 9:35amQuote:
lol, but i hear he has THREE wooden pegs. AYO!Quote:
they were well deserved.
all my pics are iphone pics. they do ok imho, and it beats nothin. see below!post #58559 of 787188/23/13 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Re: Clags and Stitch
I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..
Well that sucks that you don't clean your shoes when they have mud on them. I do.
And since when does anyone roll up the trousers in fits that we're talking about? Those are slacks. Those don't get rolled up.
AYOOOpost #58560 of 787188/23/13 at 9:39amQuote:
i have no idea what the hell he was talking about, thats why i didnt bother to reply.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap : St. Crispin's + Carmina NIB Shoe Sample Sale // Creed... 2 minutes ago
- › Constructive ideas on improving the forum 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ? 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding