Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3902post #58516 of 787248/22/13 at 11:28pmThose boots look nice Clags, but probably just as well you didn't post them in the challenge as they seem hugely at odds with your otherwise very summery look. I picture those boots on a rainy manhattan pavement in winter combined with a flannel or tweed suit and a trench coat, not pastel colored linen and cream tropical wool.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58517 of 787248/22/13 at 11:49pmpost #58518 of 787248/23/13 at 12:04ampost #58519 of 787248/23/13 at 12:41ampost #58520 of 787248/23/13 at 2:32ampost #58521 of 787248/23/13 at 2:49amThanks! It's bespoke. Took them three jackets (that being the second) to really get what I wanted. The fourth--a tweed I posted earlier in the thread--is everything I could want in a fit. Both the third and the fourth have lower buttoning points (to the denizens of this thread who hassle me for my love of sternum hugging jackets).post #58522 of 787248/23/13 at 2:52ampost #58523 of 787248/23/13 at 3:37amx-post the Friday Challenge. Wanting to wear something that spoke of summer, but without resorting to seersucker or linen, I chose the ensemble below. The inclusion of a hat is the momentary inspiration from Don Cologne's posting.
Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - no name brand
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Hat - Seifter Associates
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #58524 of 787248/23/13 at 4:23ampost #58525 of 787248/23/13 at 4:33ampost #58526 of 787248/23/13 at 4:39amCalifornia Tuxedo Friday. I can save you one piece of criticism right off the bat and say that the PS turned out too matchy for my taste - should have gone with another colour or just cream silk - but hindsight is 20/20...
Close-up etc: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pingson - 8/23/13 at 5:33ampost #58527 of 787248/23/13 at 4:39am
Nathan Lane, sorry, it's you DC, nice fit
Pingson- that's a great jacket- 2 great jackets really, and a fantastic tie- so subtle, so dry
Would appreciate opinions on which is better below?- with the blue linen, or same fit, brown escorial tie.
Cream poplin shirt, white linen PS
Lite Blue Linen- HoberWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pliny - 8/23/13 at 5:00ampost #58528 of 787248/23/13 at 5:06am
Great color combos, but I'm not convinced on the shirt. Looks decidedly business-y for a cool and relaxed summer outfit. Besides, all that glorious linen next to a crisp white shirt? Seems a little incoherent. Everything else though? Glorious!post #58529 of 787248/23/13 at 5:10ampost #58530 of 787248/23/13 at 5:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
From the summer fit challenge:
Sea foam blue linen jacket
Silk and linen pink tie
Cream tropical weight trousers
At first blush, I liked this fit and it will undoubtedly read as well-dressed to everyone you meet today. The square's colours & pattern are the perfect foil for the jacket in particular.
Having said that, there are things that task me, as Ahab or Khan would say...
- the tie is a little pale for the look, given the brightness of the jacket; something darker in the middle of your frame would probably centre the look better.
- like Ianiceman mentioned upthread, I really don't think wearing boots with this look makes any sense.
- but my biggest issue is with trousers which exhibit my personal bete noire with some summer weight items: visible pocket outlines due to the fabric being that sheer. I had to return a lightweight suit a while back because of exactly this problem. Once you see it, it's terribly irritating to know the problem's there. I bet the rear pockets also stand out in a similarly annoying way (esp. irritating to know they're visible if you take your jacket off; likely in hot weather!) and because the fabric's so gauzy, in bright sunshine, beware people being able to tell what you're wearing underneath or creating a young Diana effect!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things you just don't get 46 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)