Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3902post #58516 of 787218/23/13 at 12:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58517 of 787218/23/13 at 12:41ampost #58518 of 787218/23/13 at 2:32ampost #58519 of 787218/23/13 at 2:49amThanks! It's bespoke. Took them three jackets (that being the second) to really get what I wanted. The fourth--a tweed I posted earlier in the thread--is everything I could want in a fit. Both the third and the fourth have lower buttoning points (to the denizens of this thread who hassle me for my love of sternum hugging jackets).post #58520 of 787218/23/13 at 2:52ampost #58521 of 787218/23/13 at 3:37amx-post the Friday Challenge. Wanting to wear something that spoke of summer, but without resorting to seersucker or linen, I chose the ensemble below. The inclusion of a hat is the momentary inspiration from Don Cologne's posting.
Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - no name brand
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Hat - Seifter Associates
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #58522 of 787218/23/13 at 4:23ampost #58523 of 787218/23/13 at 4:33ampost #58524 of 787218/23/13 at 4:39amCalifornia Tuxedo Friday. I can save you one piece of criticism right off the bat and say that the PS turned out too matchy for my taste - should have gone with another colour or just cream silk - but hindsight is 20/20...
Close-up etc: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pingson - 8/23/13 at 5:33ampost #58525 of 787218/23/13 at 4:39am
Nathan Lane, sorry, it's you DC, nice fit
Pingson- that's a great jacket- 2 great jackets really, and a fantastic tie- so subtle, so dry
Would appreciate opinions on which is better below?- with the blue linen, or same fit, brown escorial tie.
Cream poplin shirt, white linen PS
Lite Blue Linen- HoberWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pliny - 8/23/13 at 5:00ampost #58526 of 787218/23/13 at 5:06am
Great color combos, but I'm not convinced on the shirt. Looks decidedly business-y for a cool and relaxed summer outfit. Besides, all that glorious linen next to a crisp white shirt? Seems a little incoherent. Everything else though? Glorious!post #58527 of 787218/23/13 at 5:10ampost #58528 of 787218/23/13 at 5:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
From the summer fit challenge:
Sea foam blue linen jacket
Silk and linen pink tie
Cream tropical weight trousers
At first blush, I liked this fit and it will undoubtedly read as well-dressed to everyone you meet today. The square's colours & pattern are the perfect foil for the jacket in particular.
Having said that, there are things that task me, as Ahab or Khan would say...
- the tie is a little pale for the look, given the brightness of the jacket; something darker in the middle of your frame would probably centre the look better.
- like Ianiceman mentioned upthread, I really don't think wearing boots with this look makes any sense.
- but my biggest issue is with trousers which exhibit my personal bete noire with some summer weight items: visible pocket outlines due to the fabric being that sheer. I had to return a lightweight suit a while back because of exactly this problem. Once you see it, it's terribly irritating to know the problem's there. I bet the rear pockets also stand out in a similarly annoying way (esp. irritating to know they're visible if you take your jacket off; likely in hot weather!) and because the fabric's so gauzy, in bright sunshine, beware people being able to tell what you're wearing underneath or creating a young Diana effect!post #58529 of 787218/23/13 at 5:19amQuote:I actually don't care all that much. More of just a "that's what I've always purchased" sort of thing. Not a huge fan of Aldens; I suspect my next shoe will be Carmina, though only because I have all the AE's I'd be interested in. I'm not a shoe guy, clearly.Quote:Ah, so thanks for letting me know so I can see it and be irritated ^_^
Fortunately, I'm a bit of an exhibitionist. I have no problem with people knowing I prefer light blue boxer briefs. However, should it ever be an issue, I can always have some cotton lining sewn in (I hope).
As far as the boots...I figured nobody would notice I'm wearing boots walking around. The cognac looked so nice against the cream I couldn't resist. It is probably a crime that will be committed again
@cm: Agreed about the shirt. Next time this outfit gets worn, I'll use my oxford spread collar. I don't want to wear the tie with a patterned shirt for fear of detracting from the tie's texture.
Edited by Claghorn - 8/23/13 at 5:36ampost #58530 of 787218/23/13 at 5:26am
Re Claghorns outfit: Please clarify for me?
Is it that you do not like the tie and recommend he choose another one to wear with this outfit?
Is it that you like the tie but think he should not be wearing a tie with his outfit.?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In Vadodara 3 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra for love In Chandigarh 4 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra in hindi In Chandigarh 10 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In... 13 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra In Chandigarh 17 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In Bhopal 20 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran spells In Chandigarh 24 seconds ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 29 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran specialist baba In Chandigarh 32 seconds ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan