Hey mang, just out of curiosity, is that a ventless jacket? Be honest now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3900post #58486 of 787248/22/13 at 3:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58487 of 787248/22/13 at 3:51pm^ in that specific picture, the ensemble looks great but the fit of the jacket has an issue to my eye that I hope I can explain...either the jacket is too short, or the buttoning point is too low, or maybe a combination of both. With the height that the buttoning point is at now, it looks like the jacket below the button needs to be lengthened a bit to balance it out. Or, if the jacket length is fine, the the buttoning point should be slightly higher. It just looks like there's too much jacket above the button, and not enough jacket below the button.
EDIT: my comment was for Tom Miler's fitpost #58488 of 787248/22/13 at 3:52pm
I think a lighter shade would have worked better for the trousers. Fit unconsidered, I like it a lot other than the trouser shade issue!Quote:Originally Posted by McBindlepost #58489 of 787248/22/13 at 3:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
^ in that specific picture, the ensemble looks great but the fit of the jacket has an issue to my eye that I hope I can explain...either the jacket is too short, or the buttoning point is too low, or maybe a combination of both. With the height that the buttoning point is at now, it looks like the jacket below the button needs to be lengthened a bit to balance it out. Or, if the jacket length is fine, the the buttoning point should be slightly higher. It just looks like there's too much jacket above the button, and not enough jacket below the button.
EDIT: my comment was for Tom Miler's fit
Do you think your issue with his jacket could be because of the crease created by the pulling on the button? I don't think it is too short, or the button stance is too low. It might be on the edge of "too much" for either, but I don't think it goes over the event horizon. I do think the crease, and accompanying shadow, might give the illusion of it being too short by breaking up the silhouette. I dunno, just a thought. What do you think?post #58490 of 787248/22/13 at 3:59pmpost #58491 of 787248/22/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
Do you think your issue with his jacket could be because of the crease created by the pulling on the button? I don't think it is too short, or the button stance is too low. It might be on the edge of "too much" for either, but I don't think it goes over the event horizon. I do think the crease, and accompanying shadow, might give the illusion of it being too short by breaking up the silhouette. I dunno, just a thought. What do you think?
Looking again, it might just be the combo of the very fitted jacket with his top-heavy athletic looking physique. Again, I do like the combo a lot, something just looked a little off on first viewing.Quote:
That's what we do here, wouldn't be SF without over-analyzingpost #58492 of 787248/22/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
You're not the only one who noticed it, something is a little off around the buttoning point. If I look at just the top or the button half, blocking out the buttoning point with my hand, the suit looks great. However, when looking at full suit it doesn't look as good anymore. Perhaps the buttons should be spaced apart a little more, and placed a little higher.post #58493 of 787248/22/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
I've seen smaller... But seriously, I've seen smaller peak lapels. Calvin Klein is the most guilty of this. Not that anyone should be wearing CK suits.post #58494 of 787248/22/13 at 4:38pmpost #58495 of 787248/22/13 at 4:42pmpost #58496 of 787248/22/13 at 4:52pmpost #58497 of 787248/22/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
indeed it is. lol that i didnt even realize your shoes were two-tone. the mark of a successful fit.
FRED!!! nice to see you, buddy. looking sharp as usual.post #58498 of 787248/22/13 at 5:20pm
Critiquing the fit was not over analyzing. It was simply a correct analysis. However he did already say he knew the jacket didn't fit the best, so I didn't want to belabor the point. I just wanted to point out why I didn't think it was up to snuff. He has an excellent sense of style though, if you ask me.post #58499 of 787248/22/13 at 5:24pmQuote:
I've been an upper end bodyguard and, believe me, he looks better than the dudes I used to work with!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Berluti jacket fake or genuine?? 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Pilot: The Importance of Being Made in England. 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RICK OWENS styleforum thread 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 15 minutes ago
- › Can anybody tell me which brand this is? 16 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 17 minutes ago
- › مشاهدة مباراة المانيا والارجنتين بث مباشر 13/7/2014 اونلاين 24 minutes ago
- › Careers in international development -- private organisations,... 30 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)