@Pingson: fantastic, as usual, buddy!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3897post #58441 of 787228/22/13 at 7:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58442 of 787228/22/13 at 7:46ampost #58443 of 787228/22/13 at 7:47ampost #58444 of 787228/22/13 at 7:55ampost #58445 of 787228/22/13 at 7:55amThanks for all the thumbs up. It's nice to be back here again and will try to post more regularly.
Zegna cashmere, soft as a baby's bottomQuote:
I don't know. It feels like a repp, but the weave doesn't look like a true repp. Got it from Berg and Berg a few years ago, while they still were carrying 9 cm wide ties (they only sell 8cm wide ones now, and that makes me sad ). Still, it ties an awesome knot, perhaps the best tie I have in that respect..Quote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Great SC Pingson!
Sticking with blue on a muggy, rainy day in NYC. I don't see many posts featuring big dots so probably not SF approved neck wear but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nope, I don't think that tie work here - in fact it's kind of hard to match such a tie at all, the dots are too big I think. I have a very similar tie myself, but it's been hanging in my closet unused for a long time.....post #58446 of 787228/22/13 at 8:08amQuote:
All my suits are RTW, not bespoke. I do not think these lapels are to the point where they're like Tom Ford's notorious suits. "Unnecessary?" Everyone's entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that they're just fine. I would've burned them on my grille if I felt that they "stood out" and were "unnecessary."post #58447 of 787228/22/13 at 8:12ampost #58448 of 787228/22/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Great SC Pingson!
Sticking with blue on a muggy, rainy day in NYC. I don't see many posts featuring big dots so probably not SF approved neck wear but it seemed appropriate for this fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like big dots and I...oh, wait.post #58449 of 787228/22/13 at 9:12ampost #58450 of 787228/22/13 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by rudals1281
All my suits are RTW, not bespoke. I do not think these lapels are to the point where they're like Tom Ford's notorious suits. "Unnecessary?" Everyone's entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that they're just fine. I would've burned them on my grille if I felt that they "stood out" and were "unnecessary."
Dude, no offense. I was genuinely wondering, because I can understand TF lapels, but see peaks as somewhat strange on such small lapels.post #58451 of 787228/22/13 at 10:05amQuote:
Oh no, no offense taken. I understand your critique but I don't think I just knew any better at the time I was purchasing this suit.post #58452 of 787228/22/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Rudals didn't have a metldown from a critique... IT'S A MIRACLE.
just ribbing ya...
I do agree the Peak lapels look strange. Perhaps it might be better if they were fully peaked.post #58453 of 787228/22/13 at 10:09ampost #58454 of 787228/22/13 at 10:10ampost #58455 of 787228/22/13 at 10:12amQuote:
I am not a little girl anymore...LOL. I can take a hit or two now.
Like I said, I knew no better back when I bought this. I am really a rookie when it comes to suit and this whole thing. I didn't even know that your shirt collars had to touch or be underneath your jacket, that was just only like 2 months ago. I am learning a lot from SF. Just hope I don't make anymore costly mistakes. Does it look that bad? I have to wear it anyways so I am not gonna cry over it LOL.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Bubbling on Chest Piece of Jacket [ Moss Bros - Blazer - Grey Suit ] 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 24 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Merino Jade (V) BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Help: Looking for similar style 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...