or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3897  

post #58441 of 78719
Great SC Pingson!

Sticking with blue on a muggy, rainy day in NYC. I don't see many posts featuring big dots so probably not SF approved neck wear but

it seemed appropriate for this fit.
post #58442 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Trying "Navy on Navy" Look. I forgot to smile. biggrin.gif

 

 

Why did you opt for peak lapels on that suit? They stand out and seem kinda unnecessary on a SB.

post #58443 of 78719
Thanks for all the thumbs up. It's nice to be back here again and will try to post more regularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Really like that jacket, Pingson.

Zegna cashmere, soft as a baby's bottom happy.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

Pingson, looks great..btw, what tie pattern is that, Repp,Oxford weave?

I don't know. It feels like a repp, but the weave doesn't look like a true repp. Got it from Berg and Berg a few years ago, while they still were carrying 9 cm wide ties (they only sell 8cm wide ones now, and that makes me sad frown.gif ). Still, it ties an awesome knot, perhaps the best tie I have in that respect..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

@Pingson: fantastic, as usual, buddy!
Thanks cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonyman View Post

Great SC Pingson!

Sticking with blue on a muggy, rainy day in NYC. I don't see many posts featuring big dots so probably not SF approved neck wear but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


it seemed appropriate for this fit.

Nope, I don't think that tie work here - in fact it's kind of hard to match such a tie at all, the dots are too big I think. I have a very similar tie myself, but it's been hanging in my closet unused for a long time.....
post #58444 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

 

Why did you opt for peak lapels on that suit? They stand out and seem kinda unnecessary on a SB.

All my suits are RTW, not bespoke. I do not think these lapels are to the point where they're like Tom Ford's notorious suits. "Unnecessary?" Everyone's entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that they're just fine. I would've burned them on my grille if I felt that they "stood out" and were "unnecessary."

post #58445 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Regarding Full Windsor knots: Symmetrie ist die Ästhetik des einfachen Menschen.

einfachen in a good way or in a bad way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp View Post

Will try half windsors and pratts next time!

good luck.

--

great luck, pingson, nice to see back.
post #58446 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonyman View Post

Great SC Pingson!

Sticking with blue on a muggy, rainy day in NYC. I don't see many posts featuring big dots so probably not SF approved neck wear but it seemed appropriate for this fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

I like big dots and I...oh, wait.

post #58447 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

I like big dots and I...oh, wait.

LOL
post #58448 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

All my suits are RTW, not bespoke. I do not think these lapels are to the point where they're like Tom Ford's notorious suits. "Unnecessary?" Everyone's entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that they're just fine. I would've burned them on my grille if I felt that they "stood out" and were "unnecessary."

 

Dude, no offense. I was genuinely wondering, because I can understand TF lapels, but see peaks as somewhat strange on such small lapels.

post #58449 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

 

Dude, no offense. I was genuinely wondering, because I can understand TF lapels, but see peaks as somewhat strange on such small lapels.

Oh no, no offense taken. I understand your critique but I don't think I just knew any better at the time I was purchasing this suit.

post #58450 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Oh no, no offense taken. I understand your critique but I don't think I just knew any better at the time I was purchasing this suit.

Rudals didn't have a metldown from a critique... IT'S A MIRACLE.

just ribbing ya... 

I do agree the Peak lapels look strange. Perhaps it might be better if they were fully peaked. 

post #58451 of 78719

Raffaele Caruso old cotton sports coat.

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #58452 of 78719

Sun & showers today, but thankfully enough sun to justify another summery look. Also, it appears that this has turned into an unofficial knit tie week, with this being my third in a row...

 

Yzf5Lua.jpg

post #58453 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

Rudals didn't have a metldown from a critique... IT'S A MIRACLE.

just ribbing ya... 

I do agree the Peak lapels look strange. Perhaps it might be better if they were fully peaked. 

I am not a little girl anymore...LOL. I can take a hit or two now.

 

Like I said, I knew no better back when I bought this. I am really a rookie when it comes to suit and this whole thing. I didn't even know that your shirt collars had to touch or be underneath your jacket, that was just only like 2 months ago. I am learning a lot from SF. Just hope I don't make anymore costly mistakes. Does it look that bad? I have to wear it anyways so I am not gonna cry over it LOL.

post #58454 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

I am not a little girl anymore...LOL. I can take a hit or two now.

 

 

I know an industry that would appreciate those talents...rimshot.gif

post #58455 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Sun & showers today, but thankfully enough sun to justify another summery look. Also, it appears that this has turned into an unofficial knit tie week, with this being my third in a row...

 

 

How's that chain-link tie?

 

Kidding. I think it's a little too close to the color of the jacket. This fit would be great with a blue blazer (what fit wouldn't?). Either that, or change the tie.. that's my take.

 

The fit looks better than usual. Are you trying something different, or is it just the color playing a trick on my eyes?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III