Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3895post #58411 of 787198/21/13 at 12:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58412 of 787198/21/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Is that a glen plaid hank or did you stuff a sock in there? Never imagined that would look good, but it actually looks amazing! The whole outfit looks very well put together, definitely one of the best I've seen on SF yet, and I don't say that lightly.post #58413 of 787198/21/13 at 1:23pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with half windsors imho, they look good if you know how to knot them. Full windsors are too symmetrical and (most often) bulky though (should add another "imho").post #58414 of 787198/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #58415 of 787198/21/13 at 2:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Beating Spoo at his own game (Click to show)
I really like the creativity with pattern and texture on this one. The p-square pattern is completely unexpected but appropriate. Textural contrasts are well done and the soft collar points (I am assuming there are no stays) bring suit cloth and square together. Judging from the lift of the collar portion of your right lapel the cloth looks very light weight. Is this right? What is it?
The past few weeks have shown the appropriateness of the knit tie for a casual touch in the summer. Chalk another one up to Team Knit!post #58416 of 787198/21/13 at 2:32pmThanks for the comments and thumbs.
McBindle, the suit fabric is a pretty open weave which makes it good for San Francisco summers, but the texture allows me to wear this in the fall and winter as well. I'm not sure what the fabric is because it's a RTW suit and it just says Super 120.post #58417 of 787198/21/13 at 2:38pmpost #58418 of 787198/21/13 at 2:47pmpost #58419 of 787198/21/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Smith & Rutherford. Seriously heavy silk tie and far and away better than anything BR will ever offer. It may not be pretty but it ain't cheap!post #58420 of 787198/21/13 at 5:31pmSorry I was at work all day.
Back on the topic of my comically large knot - it was a windsor tied poorly, it was not intended to be that big.
I'm not a fan of 4 in 1 hand because it's too asymmetrical. I like symmetry and formality in knots.
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?post #58421 of 787198/21/13 at 5:48pmpost #58422 of 787198/21/13 at 5:56pmpost #58423 of 787198/21/13 at 6:37pm[quote name="agp" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/58410#post_6548936"
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?[/quote]
There are too many variables...different ties will look a bit different.post #58424 of 787198/21/13 at 6:44pmpost #58425 of 787198/21/13 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the positive critiques of yesterday's fit, guys. Lots to learn here. Biggest challenge I am facing is fit of trousers and shirts. Gained weight in grad school, bought some clothes, then lost way more than expected ("world's smallest violin plays"). Result = cinched up trousers and roomy collars all around.
Here is today's fit. No client meetings so went casual: cotton/linen blend unstructured jacket, raw silk square, loafers and the last of the knit ties for a while. Weird pulling at the waist on this jacket. I've got quite a dropped right shoulder which might be throwing off the balance but not sure.
Note: cat is not gearing up to spray my fit. Forum members may disagree with his decision.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Dolce & Gabbana A/W 2014 Collection Rare Leather/Denim Jacket Cost... 34 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › What kind of Waistband is This 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › *Bottega Veneta Mink/Raccoon Fur Cashmere Body Zip Up Cardigan... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...