Nothing wrong with half windsors imho, they look good if you know how to knot them. Full windsors are too symmetrical and (most often) bulky though (should add another "imho").
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3895post #58411 of 787178/21/13 at 1:23pmpost #58412 of 787178/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #58413 of 787178/21/13 at 2:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Beating Spoo at his own game (Click to show)
I really like the creativity with pattern and texture on this one. The p-square pattern is completely unexpected but appropriate. Textural contrasts are well done and the soft collar points (I am assuming there are no stays) bring suit cloth and square together. Judging from the lift of the collar portion of your right lapel the cloth looks very light weight. Is this right? What is it?
The past few weeks have shown the appropriateness of the knit tie for a casual touch in the summer. Chalk another one up to Team Knit!post #58414 of 787178/21/13 at 2:32pmThanks for the comments and thumbs.
McBindle, the suit fabric is a pretty open weave which makes it good for San Francisco summers, but the texture allows me to wear this in the fall and winter as well. I'm not sure what the fabric is because it's a RTW suit and it just says Super 120.post #58415 of 787178/21/13 at 2:38pmpost #58416 of 787178/21/13 at 2:47pmpost #58417 of 787178/21/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Smith & Rutherford. Seriously heavy silk tie and far and away better than anything BR will ever offer. It may not be pretty but it ain't cheap!post #58418 of 787178/21/13 at 5:31pmSorry I was at work all day.
Back on the topic of my comically large knot - it was a windsor tied poorly, it was not intended to be that big.
I'm not a fan of 4 in 1 hand because it's too asymmetrical. I like symmetry and formality in knots.
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?post #58419 of 787178/21/13 at 5:48pmpost #58420 of 787178/21/13 at 5:56pmpost #58421 of 787178/21/13 at 6:37pm[quote name="agp" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/58410#post_6548936"
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?[/quote]
There are too many variables...different ties will look a bit different.post #58422 of 787178/21/13 at 6:44pmpost #58423 of 787178/21/13 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the positive critiques of yesterday's fit, guys. Lots to learn here. Biggest challenge I am facing is fit of trousers and shirts. Gained weight in grad school, bought some clothes, then lost way more than expected ("world's smallest violin plays"). Result = cinched up trousers and roomy collars all around.
Here is today's fit. No client meetings so went casual: cotton/linen blend unstructured jacket, raw silk square, loafers and the last of the knit ties for a while. Weird pulling at the waist on this jacket. I've got quite a dropped right shoulder which might be throwing off the balance but not sure.
Note: cat is not gearing up to spray my fit. Forum members may disagree with his decision.post #58424 of 787178/21/13 at 9:17pmpost #58425 of 787178/21/13 at 10:24pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...