That boutonniere looks sad. Throw it all out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3895post #58411 of 787228/21/13 at 12:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58412 of 787228/21/13 at 12:39pm
That's a made to measure (medida industrial) jacket from Sastrería Roma, in Madrid. Trousers are from the same source.Quote:
I mentioned Stitchy does it right. Problem is most people don't, and their half windsors look like random wedding, prom, bus driver, salesman, etc. knots. But the knot itself isn't bad per se, I guess.post #58413 of 787228/21/13 at 12:59pmpost #58414 of 787228/21/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Is that a glen plaid hank or did you stuff a sock in there? Never imagined that would look good, but it actually looks amazing! The whole outfit looks very well put together, definitely one of the best I've seen on SF yet, and I don't say that lightly.post #58415 of 787228/21/13 at 1:23pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with half windsors imho, they look good if you know how to knot them. Full windsors are too symmetrical and (most often) bulky though (should add another "imho").post #58416 of 787228/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #58417 of 787228/21/13 at 2:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Beating Spoo at his own game (Click to show)
I really like the creativity with pattern and texture on this one. The p-square pattern is completely unexpected but appropriate. Textural contrasts are well done and the soft collar points (I am assuming there are no stays) bring suit cloth and square together. Judging from the lift of the collar portion of your right lapel the cloth looks very light weight. Is this right? What is it?
The past few weeks have shown the appropriateness of the knit tie for a casual touch in the summer. Chalk another one up to Team Knit!post #58418 of 787228/21/13 at 2:32pmThanks for the comments and thumbs.
McBindle, the suit fabric is a pretty open weave which makes it good for San Francisco summers, but the texture allows me to wear this in the fall and winter as well. I'm not sure what the fabric is because it's a RTW suit and it just says Super 120.post #58419 of 787228/21/13 at 2:38pmpost #58420 of 787228/21/13 at 2:47pmpost #58421 of 787228/21/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Smith & Rutherford. Seriously heavy silk tie and far and away better than anything BR will ever offer. It may not be pretty but it ain't cheap!post #58422 of 787228/21/13 at 5:31pmSorry I was at work all day.
Back on the topic of my comically large knot - it was a windsor tied poorly, it was not intended to be that big.
I'm not a fan of 4 in 1 hand because it's too asymmetrical. I like symmetry and formality in knots.
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?post #58423 of 787228/21/13 at 5:48pmpost #58424 of 787228/21/13 at 5:56pmpost #58425 of 787228/21/13 at 6:37pm[quote name="agp" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/58410#post_6548936"
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?[/quote]
There are too many variables...different ties will look a bit different.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Charcoal/Dark gray Ralph Lauren Purple Label suit in 40R 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 16 minutes ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan