That boutonniere looks sad. Throw it all out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3895post #58411 of 787228/21/13 at 12:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58412 of 787228/21/13 at 12:39pm
That's a made to measure (medida industrial) jacket from Sastrería Roma, in Madrid. Trousers are from the same source.Quote:
I mentioned Stitchy does it right. Problem is most people don't, and their half windsors look like random wedding, prom, bus driver, salesman, etc. knots. But the knot itself isn't bad per se, I guess.post #58413 of 787228/21/13 at 12:59pmpost #58414 of 787228/21/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Is that a glen plaid hank or did you stuff a sock in there? Never imagined that would look good, but it actually looks amazing! The whole outfit looks very well put together, definitely one of the best I've seen on SF yet, and I don't say that lightly.post #58415 of 787228/21/13 at 1:23pmQuote:
Nothing wrong with half windsors imho, they look good if you know how to knot them. Full windsors are too symmetrical and (most often) bulky though (should add another "imho").post #58416 of 787228/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #58417 of 787228/21/13 at 2:15pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Beating Spoo at his own game (Click to show)
I really like the creativity with pattern and texture on this one. The p-square pattern is completely unexpected but appropriate. Textural contrasts are well done and the soft collar points (I am assuming there are no stays) bring suit cloth and square together. Judging from the lift of the collar portion of your right lapel the cloth looks very light weight. Is this right? What is it?
The past few weeks have shown the appropriateness of the knit tie for a casual touch in the summer. Chalk another one up to Team Knit!post #58418 of 787228/21/13 at 2:32pmThanks for the comments and thumbs.
McBindle, the suit fabric is a pretty open weave which makes it good for San Francisco summers, but the texture allows me to wear this in the fall and winter as well. I'm not sure what the fabric is because it's a RTW suit and it just says Super 120.post #58419 of 787228/21/13 at 2:38pmpost #58420 of 787228/21/13 at 2:47pmpost #58421 of 787228/21/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Smith & Rutherford. Seriously heavy silk tie and far and away better than anything BR will ever offer. It may not be pretty but it ain't cheap!post #58422 of 787228/21/13 at 5:31pmSorry I was at work all day.
Back on the topic of my comically large knot - it was a windsor tied poorly, it was not intended to be that big.
I'm not a fan of 4 in 1 hand because it's too asymmetrical. I like symmetry and formality in knots.
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?post #58423 of 787228/21/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
hows this for egomaniacal. here are a few of mine....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #58424 of 787228/21/13 at 5:56pmpost #58425 of 787228/21/13 at 6:37pm[quote name="agp" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/58410#post_6548936"
So half windsor it is? Can anyone show me a picture of a "properly-tied" one?[/quote]
There are too many variables...different ties will look a bit different.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › LAWLESS DENIM (LD&Co) OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Any well-constructed, sleek loafers? 9 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 10 minutes ago
- › You know book gays due in May so easily 12 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Plastic Surgery 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...