or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3889  

post #58321 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Welt breast and patch hip pockets sounds fine to me on a linen suit. Have you considered a single sleeve button? Someone posted something like that a couple days ago (don't recall who) and I think it looked nice.

 

I forgot to give you specifics about the linen. It's the most breathable cloth that I've ever worn, very flimsy, and it does not wrinkle nor rumples (it probably isn't composed by just linen and silk as advertised by the local shop seller). Think fresco, but, much more breathable, handles moisture much better, not coarse, and without the body. I'm concerned about how it will take the needle, but I've already made two odd trousers with it (you saw the white one on the friday challenge) and it's just amazing, so amazing that I'll give it a shot. Does that information changes how you feel about the hip patches? Yeah, I really like the bespoke process.

The single button is my second choice, I like the look very much, very sport, but, I'll probably go with three, more suitable for a navy suit that doesn't wrinkles, IMO. I's planning to employ the single button to my next linen suit (tan or tobacco) that will be on hold until I've the result from this project. 

 

post #58322 of 78722
First post on the thread, hope y'all approve. Cheers

post #58323 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp View Post

First post on the thread, hope y'all approve. Cheers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Peeps won't like that massive triple windsor.
post #58324 of 78722

 

post #58325 of 78722
Not my thing at all, ocbd, but I'm digging it.
post #58326 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp View Post

First post on the thread, hope y'all approve. Cheers

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Suit looks nice.  Suit Supply?  The knot is too much IMO.  Try a four-in-hand or double four-in-hand.  Please crop your pictures.   It's hard to make out your fit.   Also, don't aim for approval.  Do you.  Take the advice that suits you.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbd View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Classic trad. I like the look.  Especially the jacket.  Uniqlo?  The shirt could use a better collar with more roll.  Also, please crop your pictures.  It's hard to make out your fit.   

post #58327 of 78722

I'm aware some will not approve of the red tie; in my environment, it won't get a second look.

 

 

Took a suggestion from another thread, tried yellow shirt / purple tie. Not sure how much I like this:

post #58328 of 78722


post #58329 of 78722
^ holy moly those lapels! I have over 4" lapels on my suits, but I don't think I could ever wear anything as wide as those monsters. Having said that, I'm kinda diggin it in this fit.
post #58330 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 



 

 

 

I like everything except the pants.  Not sure what pants would work better.  I really like the tie.  Excellent knot.  

post #58331 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

In a hurry today. Haven't had time to look at other fits, unfortunately. Played with my camera outside a little. Here's my entry:





Still a little cold for loafers without socks, but I'm not a pussy, unlike UC.

The "pussy" comments are a touch too much hating on women for a guy looking like that much of a gentleman.
post #58332 of 78722
I just finished reading the thread. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to catch up, it moves so fast. I've learned so much from you gentlemen, and the banter that goes on here is particularly entertaining. Anyway, here's my first pic for you to tear apart, enjoy!
AppleMark
post #58333 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

 

I forgot to give you specifics about the linen. It's the most breathable cloth that I've ever worn, very flimsy, and it does not wrinkle nor rumples (it probably isn't composed by just linen and silk as advertised by the local shop seller). Think fresco, but, much more breathable, handles moisture much better, not coarse, and without the body. I'm concerned about how it will take the needle, but I've already made two odd trousers with it (you saw the white one on the friday challenge) and it's just amazing, so amazing that I'll give it a shot. Does that information changes how you feel about the hip patches? Yeah, I really like the bespoke process.

The single button is my second choice, I like the look very much, very sport, but, I'll probably go with three, more suitable for a navy suit that doesn't wrinkles, IMO. I's planning to employ the single button to my next linen suit (tan or tobacco) that will be on hold until I've the result from this project. 

 

 

If you're going to use the suit for "city" looks as well as more casual looks, go with flap or jetted pockets, but if you're only going to wear it with linen shirts, knit/linen ties, etc. either patch or flap should be fine...

post #58334 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

I just finished reading the thread. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to catch up, it moves so fast. I've learned so much from you gentlemen, and the banter that goes on here is particularly entertaining. Anyway, here's my first pic for you to tear apart, enjoy!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

Well done!

post #58335 of 78722
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III