or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3881

post #58201 of 75797
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

I tried to add some contrast...I think the first one is better.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Second look is much, much better... if the suit was the charcoal grey it appears to be in the photo. I'm guessing from your prior posts that it's actually navy, in which case I'm less keen, unless it's an extremely dark navy (verging on black), in which case it's good.

 

Are you folding silk squares? It looks like it. Don't. Use linen/cotton if you want to fold, or puff if it's silk. Some silk blends may (may!) be able to take a fold; most cannot.

 

Originally Posted by McBindle View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Colours & patterns are good; in fact, I'd say really good. Which makes the jacket fit disappointing (loose+low collar) by comparison, as this could have been a great overall look. Trouser fit is also a bit off, but less noticeably so.

 

Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like. A lot. But then, I'm fairly fond of yellowy ties. Trousers are the a light enough shade of grey to take the yellow on top. If you can be bothered, it's probably getting a slight increase in the taper below the trouser knee. Not much more; just a bit extra.

 

Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I find the orange a bit too vivid for the rest of the look. A more burnt shade and it would rock. Nice new blazer.

 

Originally Posted by EFV View Post

New cotton suit and shirt.
In our backyard (Click to show)

 

 

Cotton suits are one of those items I hate wearing myself, but can love the look on others. This looks great.

 

Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Very nice. Was this a while ago, or is London having an unusually cold summer? smile.gif

 

I think it must have been a while ago; southern England's actually had a pretty warm & sunny summer this year. Long may it last!

post #58202 of 75797

Talking of sunny summer weather:

 

sGI1bU4.jpg

 

I really need to get round to hemming these jeans; I've been meaning to for years but my ability to procrastinate is impressive... so they're still just rolled up.

post #58203 of 75797

Great summer look, HF. Nice use of a seersucker odd jacket, and impressive fit - is it one of your E&R's? 

post #58204 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonyman View Post


Another winner, I say.
post #58205 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Cool jacket and cool collar. However, with this serious roping and fishmouth notch of the jacket, the button down shirt doesn't seem to fit the aesthetic. I feel like the strong features of the jacket needs an equally strong cutaway shirt to pair.
post #58206 of 75797

I kinda see your point. The button down collar is in fact meant to relax the look a little - it all looked too serious with a cutaway collar. The roping is a bit strong indeed, but the only reason for choosing it was to flatter my physique... so if I want to make things look less imposing with this jacket I have to resort to things like the button down collar, knit ties, etc.

post #58207 of 75797

Not sure I agree. Looks pretty classic to me, man. Looks like it fits pretty nice. 

 

And I think, if it wasn't a button-down, it definitely should not be a strong cutaway.

post #58208 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Second look is much, much better... if the suit was the charcoal grey it appears to be in the photo. I'm guessing from your prior posts that it's actually navy, in which case I'm less keen, unless it's an extremely dark navy (verging on black), in which case it's good.

 

Are you folding silk squares? It looks like it. Don't. Use linen/cotton if you want to fold, or puff if it's silk. Some silk blends may (may!) be able to take a fold; most cannot.

 

That suit actually is blue...the lighting made distorted its color. I am wearing it today with a dark navy suit so it is good. Yes, I don't know why I still stick with silk. I've switched to TV fold but still, I'll try linen. Wow, no love for sky blue ties here LOL

post #58209 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Great summer look, HF. Nice use of a seersucker odd jacket, and impressive fit - is it one of your E&R's? 

 

Thanks! The fit of the jacket isn't actually that great but for a casual jacket like seersucker, it's tolerable. Ideally, it'd be a bit narrower across the chest and ever so slightly shorter. But it is what it is. Which, since you asked, is RTW Ralph Lauren Polo. :)

post #58210 of 75797

Oh, then I think I have tried on that very same jacket model. Unfortunately it was only available in regular length and the 42R was waaaay too long. Very nice silhouette though, and I think the extra chest room is nicely distributed, it doesn't look ill-fitting on you.

post #58211 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Oh, then I think I have tried on that very same jacket model. Unfortunately it was only available in regular length and the 42R was waaaay too long. Very nice silhouette though, and I think the extra chest room is nicely distributed, it doesn't look ill-fitting on you.


Thank you; that's why I still keep it! It's an unusual size (37S) and was a much better fit when I first bought it years ago (I'm a 36S these days). I was lucky and found it in an outlet, going for a song, so couldn't resist. I never thought I'd wear it more than once or twice ever, but once you get over the fact you're wearing seersucker in England, it's versatile enough to trot out several times or more a year. Of course, I hardly need to sing seersucker's praises to you of all people! smile.gif

 

BTW, thanks for all the thumbs-ups in such a short space of time; much appreciated!

post #58212 of 75797
First day of school

12486529-D587-4399-9F3D-26902B98920D-299-0000001EA62F7C00_zps4f289a29.jpg

054E75D2-9B9B-4962-A8C0-86743261AF3D-299-0000001EABFA46C0_zpsa0b4aac5.jpg

5BB67269-A14B-4D54-9C8C-B4282E1C0987-299-0000001E9EF3981B_zps8163fbf5.jpg
post #58213 of 75797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

Colours & patterns are good; in fact, I'd say really good. Which makes the jacket fit disappointing (loose+low collar) by comparison, as this could have been a great overall look. Trouser fit is also a bit off, but less noticeably so.

Thank you, so I am getting half way there! The critique on collar fit  is helpful, I see what you mean now.   I think I got the shoulder width right but something needs to be done about the collar.  Any suggestions to tell my tailor?  My shirt collar should probably be .5" less also.  And yes, the trousers seem to flair from knee up (like a subtle jodhpur).  I can't seem to get a smooth line from bottom of rise to knee.  I have to get my trousers on point, a lot of sad fits in that department!   

post #58214 of 75797
August20_1.jpgAugust20_3.jpgAugust20_2.jpg
post #58215 of 75797
Thanks for the feedback Mr. Daniels! I felt the need to make up for yesterday's poor showing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III