Gentlemen (and Stitchy ), let's not make this "tie vagina" business into a thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3874post #58096 of 787178/19/13 at 10:20ampost #58097 of 787178/19/13 at 10:36ampost #58098 of 787178/19/13 at 10:39ampost #58099 of 787178/19/13 at 10:41ampost #58100 of 787178/19/13 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Today's boring fit. Just didn't feel up to being adventurous today. The pants to this suit drive me nuts. After several attempts to properly taper them, I find I need to go in with the knife one more time to get it right...Sheesh!
Good, deep tie vagina today though.
Suit BB 1881 (Loro Piana nailhead pattern)
Shoes - OLD monkstraps by Lorenzo Banfi in black/brownpost #58101 of 787178/19/13 at 10:51ampost #58102 of 787178/19/13 at 10:59amOriginally Posted by RDiaz
I hope this time I went casual enough with this jacket.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I greatly prefer this version; feels more in keeping with the casualness of the jacket. Cream shirt (pale blue might also work) instead of green, and I'd love it!Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cool combination; bold/vibrant but also pleasant. And I say that despite my hating the square and especially the tie in isolation.post #58103 of 787178/19/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Gracias. That shirt was white though; I suspect something is funny about my camera or the lighting. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Have you tried pairing the green tie from the other day with this jacket and pants ensemble?
Edited by CousinDonuts - 8/19/13 at 11:19ampost #58104 of 787178/19/13 at 11:12ampost #58105 of 787178/19/13 at 11:13ampost #58106 of 787178/19/13 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Off to church. Jacket is linen by Faconnable, cotton trou by Incotex, shirt A. Basile. These loafers are of the absolute softest leather I've ever felt on a shoe. LOVE THEM (Bruno Magli)!
The jacket is a medium blue herringbone with a muted red plaid.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I wore a light pink shirt with an off-white jacket, grey trousers and black shoes last Friday night. I got compliments from two guys on two separate subway trains. Both said it looked good (I should post a pic of the combo).
The women really dug the ensemble as well.
First time I tried wearing a pink shirt with anything out at night.post #58107 of 787178/19/13 at 11:32amAlready Did
And then againQuote:That's what I was pointing out.Quote:Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I think he got mislead/ screwed by whoever sold it to him and/ or who did the tailoring. While I have seen worse-fitting suits on this board, I have never seen anyone buy that expensive of a garment that was so ill-suited to the wearer. Not one person has anything positive to say about the suit, and for good reason. And in the past I have been highly-complimentary to Kai for fits that stirred some controversy.
Isn't it interesting how Kai thanked me for my post yet others seems to be so offended? People who have been on this board for a while know that I generally endeavor to be constructive, and I thought I framed my comments as nicely as possible. Do you know how many times people have played "Pile-up on the Newbie" on this board over the years? Has anyone ever seen me do it? There have been many occasions where a new guy posts for the first time in a poorly-fitting Mens Wearhouse nightmare and the first posts they see are pretty much "your suit sucks" and I have been among the few who have tried to steer them in the right direction and welcomed them to the board.
You're getting too hung up on this personally. My point wasn't to ostracize you. Highlighting your post was used to point out an example as recent as a few posts after mine where not a whole lot of useful feedback was given. I'm not trying to say everyone everywhere should be constantly nitpicking or making suggestions, nor is there anything wrong with praise for a job well done, but there's room for improvement most of the time and very few voices offering it.post #58108 of 787178/19/13 at 11:35ampost #58109 of 787178/19/13 at 11:37am
Yeah, I saw where people were cutting him down a bit last year (?) but the guy looks great way more times than not. I like hearing his opinion on what looks good.
Quote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Wow damn, Spoo swoops in with some constructive criticism... I knew there was something missing from the WAYW...
There's room between circle jerking and needless nitpicking. Can we please please keep doing it?
Kai, you knowz somebody's going to say your pants are on the full break side there right? (or were they just slumped down?)post #58110 of 787178/19/13 at 12:00pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Non-Shiny Dress Shoe Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 4 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 39 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 50 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...