or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3873  

post #58081 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Found one more I thought I'd throw up here, so I can at least average 3 fit postings per year..


Shave/cut your hair you damn hippy!
post #58082 of 78719
Hank in An Acute Style...

post #58083 of 78719
Back from vacation.

null-44.jpgnull-42.jpgnull-43.jpg
post #58084 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Hank in An Acute Style...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

SWAG!

post #58085 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Shave/cut your hair you damn hippy!

Just doing my part to stick it to the man, while, er, being the man..
post #58086 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Hank in An Acute Style...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
]

Brilliant tie--smartly played against the plaid suit and PS. Good counterpoint.
post #58087 of 78719
Thanks for the feedback.

This is my first double breasted suit from Beckett & Robb. I do think it has some issues. I'm wondering if my alterations tailor can intervene and fix things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Kai, I have seen a lot of great individual pieces and complete fits from you and I usually appreciate your style and respect the attention you pay to your clothing, but this is just so wrong. I am really surprised that you could not see how unflattering this cut is for your frame, and whatever tailor worked on this with you should be ashamed. If there were a Tailor's Guild, your tailor would be brought before a disciplinary committee and get his license suspended. I could see how you could really make a great impression in a correctly cut and fitted double-breasted suit with (as others have said) a wider lapel, but oh boy this is not it. If there was a suit salesman involved as well, he should never be trusted again. I don't mean to be overly harsh or glib, but you spend a lot of money on your clothing and deserve to hear the truth.
post #58088 of 78719
Just an example....


Yes, but WHY? This is a whole long post about how 'bad' it looks, but I can't find anything specific here to indicate what you see wrong with it and what he can do about it! It's useful criticism as a starting point to say there's some issues, but it just goes nowhere from there... the closest point was that it was 'unflattering'....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Kai, I have seen a lot of great individual pieces and complete fits from you and I usually appreciate your style and respect the attention you pay to your clothing, but this is just so wrong. I am really surprised that you could not see how unflattering this cut is for your frame, and whatever tailor worked on this with you should be ashamed. If there were a Tailor's Guild, your tailor would be brought before a disciplinary committee and get his license suspended. I could see how you could really make a great impression in a correctly cut and fitted double-breasted suit with (as others have said) a wider lapel, but oh boy this is not it. If there was a suit salesman involved as well, he should never be trusted again. I don't mean to be overly harsh or glib, but you spend a lot of money on your clothing and deserve to hear the truth.
post #58089 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Just an example....


Yes, but WHY? This is a whole long post about how 'bad' it looks, but I can't find anything specific here to indicate what you see wrong with it and what he can do about it! It's useful criticism as a starting point to say there's some issues, but it just goes nowhere from there... the closest point was that it was 'unflattering'....

How about leading by example. 

post #58090 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Just an example....


Yes, but WHY? This is a whole long post about how 'bad' it looks, but I can't find anything specific here to indicate what you see wrong with it and what he can do about it! It's useful criticism as a starting point to say there's some issues, but it just goes nowhere from there... the closest point was that it was 'unflattering'....


Several other posters had already pointed out specifics. There was no need to repeat it.
post #58091 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Back from vacation.

null-44.jpgnull-42.jpgnull-43.jpg


post #58092 of 78719

a) Mind blown. Master-Classer is actually Master-Classter

b) Kai, what would happen if you shortened the jacket a bit and toned down the waist suppression? Is this crazy talk?

post #58093 of 78719
welcome back, O.

SB - quite the bold look you have on today.
post #58094 of 78719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post


Several other posters had already pointed out specifics. There was no need to repeat it.

If others pointed out the substantive issues, what was the point of your post?

post #58095 of 78719
Today's boring fit. Just didn't feel up to being adventurous today. The pants to this suit drive me nuts. After several attempts to properly taper them, I find I need to go in with the knife one more time to get it right...Sheesh!

Good, deep tie vagina today though.

Suit BB 1881 (Loro Piana nailhead pattern)
Tie: RL
Shoes - OLD monkstraps by Lorenzo Banfi in black/brown
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III