Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3870post #58037 of 787178/18/13 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
Ebony man, thanks big homey! Im digging the versatility of your looks too!
Why thank you spoo! That is worth 10 thumbs up in my estimation. I silently learned from all you guys following the thread for over a year before I even posted a thing and I still do. I feel I was already 60% there in terms of honing in on my fit before this forum. Then I stumbled on you guys from GQ from the referral of the style guy and it was like I struck gold..information every where I looked.. answering questions that S.A's at stores like Nordstroms, Saks and Bloomies could not answer for me..it was an eye opener..then finding an awesome tailor that I have worked with over the last 3 years.. so I am not taking the prop's.. Im giving it back to you and all of you old head's on here that helped a gent out..
P.S-Kendrick is dope.. but I am looking forward to my man Joey Badass.. he reminds me of what it used to be like.. but Kendrick, intentionally or not, started a movement. Hopefully for the better..
THREAD DERAIL PSA
Yeah Joey is nice.. but he ain't K Dot...
yeeaaaahhhhhh.....post #58038 of 787178/18/13 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
You are right ebonyman! You just have to rock them..but Im finding more and more, that monks for my personal preference are better suited for more casual settings..I had a division meeting in San Fran this weekend and the dress code was a strict business casual. Meaning, no tie.. dress shirts and slacks were permitted as well as sports coats..the weather was actually pretty nice in SF this weekend so I threw on my unlined unstructured cotton S.C..thats one thing I dont have enough of.. Sports Coats.. thats going to be a huge focus for me next year.. oh well..Sorry for the poor lighting as well.. had to take this inside the hotel and rush off to my meeting
Jacket: Kroon Technology
Shirt: Suit Supply
Pants: Brooks Brothers (part of suit) Milano fit
Nice color scheme!! You got it down!
Shoes: JM Westons
Watch: Breitling Coltpost #58039 of 787178/18/13 at 7:53pmpost #58040 of 787178/18/13 at 7:56pmpost #58041 of 787178/18/13 at 7:57pmpost #58042 of 787178/18/13 at 7:57pmpost #58043 of 787178/18/13 at 8:33pmpost #58044 of 787178/18/13 at 8:42pmWow damn, Spoo swoops in with some constructive criticism... I knew there was something missing from the WAYW...
There's room between circle jerking and needless nitpicking. Can we please please keep doing it?
Kai, you knowz somebody's going to say your pants are on the full break side there right? (or were they just slumped down?)post #58045 of 787178/18/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
Unfortunately I'm not much of a nitpicker since I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. But since you're not a fan of positivity, I'll refrain from the compliments and just post pictures of my own.
Also I guess it doesn't really help when most of the senior members have left the thread and/or forum.post #58046 of 787178/18/13 at 10:45pmQuote:
My suspenders let me down (literally.) I was wearing new suspenders, and the adjustment buckles kept slipping, so they wouldn't hold my pants up. Have ordered some new suspenders.post #58047 of 787178/18/13 at 10:48pmI'm just pointing out that we go through cycles of mass overwhelming positive comments to nitpicks that are so small they're useless (either something the OP can't change, or things to do with photography where the OP has to respond and explain, etc).
To me, useful critique involves something within the OP's power within reason, for example.post #58048 of 787178/18/13 at 10:55pmQuote:
yet... let's see what he does with his first album... I really feel that peeps are going to be surprised..its going to be the first NY album in a long time.. tired of NY artists sounding like they are from the south..sorry to derail the thread even further, lolpost #58049 of 787178/18/13 at 11:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I'm just pointing out that we go through cycles of mass overwhelming positive comments to nitpicks that are so small they're useless (either something the OP can't change, or things to do with photography where the OP has to respond and explain, etc).
To me, useful critique involves something within the OP's power within reason, for example.
I believe you're right. There are some suggestions here and it's not as bad (positive/circle jerk) as the shoe p0rn thread, but I'm not so sure most of the people are qualified to give good detailed advice like Spoo did. The best place for advice is the Good Taste thread which has maybe 3 posters that would be willing to give advice (and it's also no place to go for that specifically, at least not for most of the forum*).
There were threads that had a subject on obtaining good taste but they died, even after I tried to make a post in one shouting for critique. So, it seems like WAYWRN and HOF are a bit of the blind leading the blind. Not sure if we're better off just circle jerking or giving advice that may be wrong.
Edit: If you saw the criticism was lacking, why not help out as well? I don't mean that facetiously.
Hope nobody takes offense, I include myself in that. I love most of the recent fits posted here. But I'm not an advice giver, unless it's way far out. I believe I've got a solid structure to my outfits but I'm in no place to give any real advice to someone other than SOME fit critique and pattern variance.
*Just because I mentioned it, don't go to that thread for advice, or there will be mods with pitchforks on my lawnpost #58050 of 787178/18/13 at 11:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I see where you were going here Monkey, and its quite close. While club collars are not my thing at all, I appreciate them in the right mood. Here, I see just a bunch of lines. Striped shirt, striped suit, striped tie. Nothing to break up the vertical motion. Your hair is doing a pretty good job of moving north too. I think that tie is best with a solid blue jacket - if I were to leave the suit and shirt, I really feel the best option for you is a solid tie, or a larger paisley kind of thing a-la our old friend % (he is missed) who if memory serves right, posted a similar ensemble in late 2011. Im too lazy to go back and find it. What shoes did you wear with this? Im imagining black gunboats. It was probably oxblood longwings though. Am I right?
Thanks for the feedback Spoo, really appreciate it! It is indeed a little stripey, I've worn this shirt with a more neatly patterned tie before, which does work much better. When it comes to shoes, I haven't really thought of combining a brown suit with black shoes before, might just give it a try next time. Oxblood would look great, but unfortunately I don't own any oxblood shoes at the moment, they're certainly on the list though. I was wearing dark brown museum calf captoes, a beautiful leather, which works quite well with this suit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 31 seconds ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Men's Size 34 Orion Brown Belt 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Sweater over the dress shirt look 8 minutes ago
- › SOLD! - BNWT Orazio Luciano Slate Blue Grey Houndstooth 100% Wool... 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding