Was listening to Kendrick Lamar, thought I would post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3869post #58022 of 787178/18/13 at 5:14pmpost #58023 of 787178/18/13 at 5:17pmpost #58024 of 787178/18/13 at 5:19pmpost #58025 of 787178/18/13 at 5:20pmpost #58026 of 787178/18/13 at 5:29pmpost #58027 of 787178/18/13 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
You are right ebonyman! You just have to rock them..but Im finding more and more, that monks for my personal preference are better suited for more casual settings..I had a division meeting in San Fran this weekend and the dress code was a strict business casual. Meaning, no tie.. dress shirts and slacks were permitted as well as sports coats..the weather was actually pretty nice in SF this weekend so I threw on my unlined unstructured cotton S.C..thats one thing I dont have enough of.. Sports Coats.. thats going to be a huge focus for me next year.. oh well..Sorry for the poor lighting as well.. had to take this inside the hotel and rush off to my meeting
Jacket: Kroon Technology
Shirt: Suit Supply
Pants: Brooks Brothers (part of suit) Milano fit
Shoes: JM Westons
Watch: Breitling Colt
Choc, you never disappoint! You absolutely know what works for you and you wear it well.....post #58028 of 787178/18/13 at 5:45pmThanks for the tips Spoo. The loafers are actually navy but I get your point. I check some of the other threads for tips/hints/fit advice but rarely post in them. One of my favorites is the "appreciation of gray' thread and "shoe porn".
The stance comes naturally, I grew up in the Bronx and have lived in Brooklyn for 12 years now...LOL
As for cuffs, most of my pants are in fact cuffed. Especially those with narrow openings. in fact I was debating between these pants and another pair of Mabitex which are cuffed.
As I post more, you'll see a bit more variety in pretty much everything.
Notes for the coming week, no striped ties, cuffed pants, stepped up shoe game....got it!
ps the Kendrick Lamar reference boosted my estimation of you by about 1000x:nodding:
Awesome Baldness Rules!!!!!!post #58029 of 787178/18/13 at 5:54pmpost #58030 of 787178/18/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kai
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kai, I think this would benefit from more substantial lapels and a bit more wrap on the DB.post #58031 of 787178/18/13 at 6:03pmpost #58032 of 787178/18/13 at 7:08pmpost #58033 of 787178/18/13 at 7:10pmQuote:
Ebony man, thanks big homey! Im digging the versatility of your looks too!Quote:What is so, SO impressive about you, is each and every time, you nail proportion and fit. You are six foot freaking nine and you have no issues with length, tightness, etc. You do it so well and so effortlessly. Every time. Well done.
Why thank you spoo! That is worth 10 thumbs up in my estimation. I silently learned from all you guys following the thread for over a year before I even posted a thing and I still do. I feel I was already 60% there in terms of honing in on my fit before this forum. Then I stumbled on you guys from GQ from the referral of the style guy and it was like I struck gold..information every where I looked.. answering questions that S.A's at stores like Nordstroms, Saks and Bloomies could not answer for me..it was an eye opener..then finding an awesome tailor that I have worked with over the last 3 years.. so I am not taking the prop's.. Im giving it back to you and all of you old head's on here that helped a gent out..
P.S-Kendrick is dope.. but I am looking forward to my man Joey Badass.. he reminds me of what it used to be like.. but Kendrick, intentionally or not, started a movement. Hopefully for the better..post #58034 of 787178/18/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Clags, I remember when you first started posting, and you had a pretty good eye for what you were doing. Ive seen your posts over the past few months improve greatly - as well as your photography. You are a pretty active participant in this thread and have a really good eye (and good photography skills). Here is a near win - the shirt looks pink to me which kind of throws a wrench in it. Pale blue end on end would have been a solid choice, more than a pale pink (if im right about the pink). I think the jacket is a bit too smooth for a patterned pant like that - I would have preferred cashmere or a hopsack or something not so lustrous. Many times Ive gone green tie/pink shirt - love the combo - but the pink is too cool against the rest of the warm tones there in my eyes. A paisley PS would have added some interest too but YMMV.
Gracias. That shirt was white though; I suspect something is funny about my camera or the lighting.
Linen jacket, more patterned pants, blue shirt
Edited by Claghorn - 8/18/13 at 8:50pmpost #58035 of 787178/18/13 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
To get a new lapel roll or to make a 3-roll-2 jacket from a normal 3 button jacket I made this video:
The result of that is flattening the roll again.
Really, the neck is what decides where the lapel will roll. If dry cleaners have pressed your lapels flat, maybe you can press the crease they have created out, but don't press it again all the way, just a little below the neck then let the lapel roll naturally. Although by that time, the tension and curve created by stitching (padding) the canvas to the outer shell might have been destroyed anyways.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Standard & Strange - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...