Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3868post #58006 of 787178/18/13 at 1:40pmpost #58007 of 787178/18/13 at 1:52pmpost #58008 of 787178/18/13 at 2:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
To get a new lapel roll or to make a 3-roll-2 jacket from a normal 3 button jacket I made this video:
Just in case anyone wants to copy this, guys you should read the tailors' tutorials on lapels and pressing first.post #58009 of 787178/18/13 at 2:10pmQuote:YouQuote:I was only talking about the suit-shirt-tie combos and not on fit.Originally Posted by CrimsonSox
If you want to go for a more tone-on-tone look, Sean Connery, Tom Ford, and the 1950s Cary Grant would be inspirations. If you like more color and pattern, the Duke of Windsor and Fred Astaire are exemplars. Ralph Lauren, when he's dressing for himself in a suit, can fall in either group.post #58010 of 787178/18/13 at 3:02pmpost #58011 of 787178/18/13 at 3:17pm
This would actually work if you were wearing a black cotton sport coat (or linen) and a gray t with a deeper v or a low crew neck. Jacket would need to be at least two inches shorter. T tucked behind chunky belt buckle (but not tucked in). Streetwear of course. Jean boot combo is cool, denim fits you well.post #58012 of 787178/18/13 at 3:49pmpost #58013 of 787178/18/13 at 4:45pmpost #58014 of 787178/18/13 at 4:53pmpost #58015 of 787178/18/13 at 4:56pmI dont check this thread nearly as much as I would like to or as I used to, so Ill just come in from the last day and give a little honest advice.
I see where you were going with this, but its a little busy. One pattern at least too many - and I wouldnt have done the dot ps with a dot tie. The jacket looks 2" too long and is a wee bit too close to the pants for my comfort in color. Swap the knit dot tie with a solid brown and the shirt for a solid blue and its much better.Quote:Originally Posted by Victor Elfo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Where are you that its this cold?! Im not ready for Fall yet. But, this is a lovely look. I have a personal thing with crewneck sweaters over shirts, cant stand it. Works on you but for me I would only do this with a V neck. Great fall look.
Clags, I remember when you first started posting, and you had a pretty good eye for what you were doing. Ive seen your posts over the past few months improve greatly - as well as your photography. You are a pretty active participant in this thread and have a really good eye (and good photography skills). Here is a near win - the shirt looks pink to me which kind of throws a wrench in it. Pale blue end on end would have been a solid choice, more than a pale pink (if im right about the pink). I think the jacket is a bit too smooth for a patterned pant like that - I would have preferred cashmere or a hopsack or something not so lustrous. Many times Ive gone green tie/pink shirt - love the combo - but the pink is too cool against the rest of the warm tones there in my eyes. A paisley PS would have added some interest too but YMMV.Quote:
Ebony, Im still jealous of that perfect goatee. lol. You also have that dont fux with me pose down pat, which is awesome. Your shoe game needs to be stepped up here - black Maglis, while nice, aren't your a game that I think know you are capable of. I dont see your posts in other fora, but check out some of the shoe dedicated threads - GG/EG/Carmina etc and check out some new styles. I think a double monk would benefit the looks Ive seen you in greatly. Your PS fold needs a bit of assistance here too - if you are doing a TV fold, always make sure the rolled edges are out - not the side you fold over. Gingham is nice, but against the windowpane, its too many boxes and straight lines (with the striped shirt). Too much geometry. Try a dotted or a paisley print one. You seem pretty tall too - 6' maybe? Have you considered cuffing your pants? You have the stature to carry it.Quote:
Quite sorry for your loss man. But this is perfect.
You guys in the perfect hair club make me so jealous. lol. Great look, but Y U SO SAD. Im kidding. I know you are smiling behind the PS in the color shot. The shirt collar needs to be a little longer to sit underneath your jacket. Its a nice collar but needs to be longer. Not a fan of the maroon PS with a blazing orange tie though.Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
You have a good eye on details. The tie is a Marinella 7 fold.
And today last day of 15 days working in 17 days. First time I wear a lapel flower.
See details (Click to show)
Don, Ive seen you have been posting some more over the last few weeks and trying some good stuff. You seem like a nice guy and want to learn, which is great. And you have very fluffy hair.
This look is a miss for me for a few reasons. You are a big guy - you dont need to call a whole lot of attention to yourself with all this gilding the lily stuff. Matching knot cufflinks, blazing red socks, lapel pin, etc. You have a pretty intense look about you (in a good way) and I don't think the whole #menswear Pitti Uomo tricks thing is for you. Your fellow German Vaux le Vicomte is also a big guy who can pull off some serious tricks, but he carries a different gravitas to him. I see you best in a more sedate attire, but with some fun patterned PS's and ties to express yourself with. For this look, I would have swapped the windowpane shirt for a solid blue, the patterned pants for a lighter grey to better compliment that camel-ish jacket, switched the socks to blue and put solid silver somethings as knots, though I dont think a hopsack jacket is right for links. You seem like a details oriented guy, by the way you are trying to show us your matching watchstrap to shoes, PS to cufflinks, etc. The small details - like a tighter, longer tie knot as well as a cleaner, proper hem on the pants (the machine hem is visible there) are things that you can focus on to tie the look up better. I think you have potential which is why I offer the advice.Quote:
You guys and this hair! I dont post for a few weeks but dang, you all got fluffy on me.
I see where you were going here Monkey, and its quite close. While club collars are not my thing at all, I appreciate them in the right mood. Here, I see just a bunch of lines. Striped shirt, striped suit, striped tie. Nothing to break up the vertical motion. Your hair is doing a pretty good job of moving north too. I think that tie is best with a solid blue jacket - if I were to leave the suit and shirt, I really feel the best option for you is a solid tie, or a larger paisley kind of thing a-la our old friend % (he is missed) who if memory serves right, posted a similar ensemble in late 2011. Im too lazy to go back and find it. What shoes did you wear with this? Im imagining black gunboats. It was probably oxblood longwings though. Am I right?
jean stack - win
shaving the man fur (or hiding it successfully) - win (wheres your star though?!)
crib - NOT WIN - get her in the big girl bed already man! PM me if you need tips.
What is so, SO impressive about you, is each and every time, you nail proportion and fit. You are six foot freaking nine and you have no issues with length, tightness, etc. You do it so well and so effortlessly. Every time. Well done.
Spoo outpost #58016 of 787178/18/13 at 5:06pmpost #58017 of 787178/18/13 at 5:06pmpost #58018 of 787178/18/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You guys in the perfect hair club make me so jealous. lol. Great look, but Y U SO SAD. Im kidding. I know you are smiling behind the PS in the color shot. The shirt collar needs to be a little longer to sit underneath your jacket. Its a nice collar but needs to be longer. Not a fan of the maroon PS with a blazing orange tie though.
but the PS isn't maroon. Here is a picture of itpost #58019 of 787178/18/13 at 5:11pmpost #58020 of 787178/18/13 at 5:11pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 29 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 34 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Frank Clegg Briefcases 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...