Rainy and gloomy Sunday morning in DC. This is unchartered territory for me with these new ties. I am good with all my fit hence only the close up shots. Looking for feedback on tie-shirt-suit combo. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3865
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57962 of 787228/18/13 at 9:20ampost #57963 of 787228/18/13 at 9:20ampost #57964 of 787228/18/13 at 9:23ampost #57965 of 787228/18/13 at 9:51ampost #57966 of 787228/18/13 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Roy Al
Jacket, waistcoat & trousers - MTM, Thomas Mahon/English cut.
Shirt - MTM, Turnbull & Asser.
Tie - Dehaviland.
PS - Turnbull & Asser.
Shoes - AE, Strand.
Since it's not quite winter yet, I dropped the waistcoat after lunch.
I'm not happy with the trousers, and have returned them to Tom for alternation once. Still not satisfied. To baggy, and the rise feels wrong. Any suggestions how to fix them?post #57967 of 787228/18/13 at 9:56am
This is a great picture, especially with the upcoming fall season. The olive green sits really well against the light pink tie, and the fact that it is knitted adds an extra element of contrast. Anytime you can contrast both colors and fabrics, you are doing a great job.post #57968 of 787228/18/13 at 10:00amQuote:
I like this look. While it is monochromatic, it does look very elegant. However, since we are approaching fall season, and especially if you go out on a rainy day, a burgundy or olive green tie would top off that suit beautifully. Pattern wise this is a great combination as you have a plaid tie with a solid shirt and a solid suit! I like the look overall!post #57969 of 787228/18/13 at 10:02ampost #57970 of 787228/18/13 at 10:06ampost #57971 of 787228/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:
I like this look a lot. The suit fits well, the shirt sleeves are slightly longer than the jacket sleeves which are a must. The four-in-hand knot works really well because the collar spread isn't extra wide, and the tie quality seems extremely high! Great look!post #57972 of 787228/18/13 at 10:15amQuote:
Light pink tie? The shirt is white and the tie green, you can see some more pics here:
and in the spoiler
But anyway thanks for the kind wordspost #57973 of 787228/18/13 at 10:15ampost #57974 of 787228/18/13 at 10:21amQuote:
That is a great look, and the knitted tie fabric / color combination with the hint of blue works perfectly with this ensemble! Love it!post #57975 of 787228/18/13 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Today with a SB suit
I like this look a lot. The suit fits well, the shirt sleeves are slightly longer than the jacket sleeves which are a must. The four-in-hand knot works really well because the collar spread isn't extra wide, and the tie quality seems extremely high! Great look!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 25 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...