or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3862  

post #57916 of 78717

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #57917 of 78717
Tobias - Very nice combo! Is that button down shirt bespoke or vintage from the good old days?
post #57918 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

Tobias - Very nice combo! Is that button down shirt bespoke or vintage from the good old days?

everytime I wear this shirt, people ask me this :D

It's made by Arrow but I never seen it again. That's why i consider to send this shirt to Luxire, so they will make me more shirts with this very nice BD Collar!

post #57919 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasM View Post

everytime I wear this shirt, people ask me this biggrin.gif
It's made by Arrow but I never seen it again. That's why i consider to send this shirt to Luxire, so they will make me more shirts with this very nice BD Collar!

You should take that as a compliment, the collar roll and shape is very pleasing. Not something you see on standard RTW shirts:)
post #57920 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post


You should take that as a compliment, the collar roll and shape is very pleasing. Not something you see on standard RTW shirts:)

I take it as a compliment, for sure! I really love the collar although I'm more a cutaway collar guy.

post #57921 of 78717
Looking good, Tobias.
post #57922 of 78717

Just started putting up a list of thanks to some members for getting this bad-ass thread back on the rails, starting with TobiasM and DC, then went through the pics and realized it's all been awesome as of late.

 

fing02[1].gif

post #57923 of 78717
DC, that's pretty good! I think it would be better if the hank complemented rather than matched the tie, though.
post #57924 of 78717

Tobias - I like this fit for a number of reasons.  First, it works as a whole, for e.g. the suede shoes with a green knit, a  paisley pattern square and herringbone are all within the same genre of the "casual" or "country" vocabulary of classic menswear.  There are no conflicting signals.  Second, textural and pattern contrast are well executed. Third, very soft (I assume unstructured?) shoulder and collar roll add another, more geometric level of harmony.   Last, you look very comfortable and the vibe it gives off is that you live in the clothes.  As the saying goes, you are wearing the clothes and they not you. 
 

Don Cologne - your best SB fit so far.  Gone is the "X" at the button-point.  Waist suppression looks good and the narrow sleeve works well for you.  Only constructive criticism I can offer is did you consider a square with more contrast?  From afar they look close to the same cloth. 

post #57925 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

DC, that's pretty good! I think it would be better if the hank complemented rather than matched the tie, though.


Looks like while composing sugarbutch beat me to it!

post #57926 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBindle View Post

Tobias - I like this fit for a number of reasons.  First, it works as a whole, for e.g. the suede shoes with a green knit, a  paisley pattern square and herringbone are all within the same genre of the "casual" or "country" vocabulary of classic menswear.  There are no conflicting signals.  Second, textural and pattern contrast are well executed. Third, very soft (I assume unstructured?) shoulder and collar roll add another, more geometric level of harmony.   Last, you look very comfortable and the vibe it gives off is that you live in the clothes.  As the saying goes, you are wearing the clothes and they not you. 
 

Don Cologne - your best SB fit so far.  Gone is the "X" at the button-point.  Waist suppression looks good and the narrow sleeve works well for you.  Only constructive criticism I can offer is did you consider a square with more contrast?  From afar they look close to the same cloth. 


Thanks McBindle, this is what I call a nice feedback ;)

The shoulder is unstructured(like the whole jacket) and fits really good. I always combine the jacket with knit ties or cotton ties, I think silk doesn't fit to it. I really feel comfortable in these clothes, this is my favourite summer look. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #57927 of 78717

Is the jacket linen or wool?

post #57928 of 78717
Linen
post #57929 of 78717

I guess looking at it again, that was a dumb question. Especially since I own a blue linen SC.

post #57930 of 78717

I have forgotten to add the Outtake Picture:


Edited by TobiasM - 8/17/13 at 3:46pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III