I like the color choices on top. I think the PS color is too close to the tie color though. I really don't like that knot. I think four in hand knots work best with knit ties given their casual nature. You mention it's a suit, but the pants look like jeans or navy trousers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3855post #57811 of 787178/15/13 at 5:42pmpost #57812 of 787178/15/13 at 6:03pm
Critiques welcome and valued as always.
The knot is a 4IH, probably needed to cinch it a bit tighter.
See your point on the PS, but I felt that another burgundy reference point was needed to ground the tie to the outfit. This was the only one I could find.
Trousers on this suit are a bit "directional" (= narrow taper). Crappy iPhone shot makes it difficult to see the 3.5cm cuffs on the trousers. Here's a different shot of the suit from a while back (with my usual trouser sag - I think I need to cinch my belts tighter):post #57813 of 787178/15/13 at 6:11pmpost #57814 of 787178/15/13 at 6:18pmpost #57815 of 787178/15/13 at 6:21pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
True on the knit. One of the (firstworld) problems with owning a tie company, too much choice in the morning!
I do but IRL it matches perfectly. I think the different textures, a slightly over-exposed photo and the limits of a galaxy camera are making them appear just a shade different. You'll have to take my word for it.
+1. The tie is not a herringbone, and the weave is not really discernible IRL. It's a mid to dark grey wool, fairly closely woven, with just a slight rusticity (?) to its texture. I think it works with businesswear, although of course I would say that.post #57816 of 787178/15/13 at 6:31pmpost #57817 of 787178/15/13 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Vintage MTM linen suit
RL gingham tie
Simonnot Godard rainbow plaid cotton PS
Hierbas de Ibiza
Gaziano & Girling "Nice"
This is a fantastic execution. The tie knot, the collar spread, the pocket square tuck, the pant break. Just spot on. The PS nicely picks up the blue in the shirt and the olive in the PS brings out the suit nicely. The navy/white? tie doesn't sync with the rest of the fit in my opinion. I think a tie with orange or salmon tones would work nicely here. Or trade the square for something with navy tones in it. But I really like that square.post #57818 of 787178/15/13 at 7:50pmpost #57819 of 787178/15/13 at 8:16pmpost #57820 of 787178/15/13 at 8:25pmpost #57821 of 787178/15/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
What would you say is the difference between a nitpick and a criticism or recommendation? How do you feel about criticisms and recommendations?Quote:Originally Posted by McBindle
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Camera shy right pocket flap and the infamous navy tie.
Very nice. The lapels are super wide. I think a slimmer lapel would look better on your frame. 3" maybe.post #57822 of 787178/15/13 at 9:23pmQuote:
that is a fair question. i will try and get back to you when its not after midnight. tho i am sure by the time i do, many will have already provided ideas. so ill try and essplain myself now at this witching hour.
in short, when something is fine, or even more than fine, as is, id say negs are nitpicks, or just matters of personal preference, and imo should be phrased as such. when something is actually off, i think then it can be called a criticism or recommendation, and those i am not only fine with, but i have benefited from receiving many of them, and even dole them out on occasion.
but, as is well documented, i am a bitch about this subject. say lah vee.post #57823 of 787178/15/13 at 10:04pm
HC- Very nice. I do agree with AAS that a black knit tie would of been perfect.
Cox- I like everything thing except the shirt. I think a plain light blue or even white would of worked better.
Spoo- Incredible. I wish you would post full body shots.post #57824 of 787178/15/13 at 10:10pmpost #57825 of 787178/15/13 at 10:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Personalized Leather Briefcase by RockDove - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...