^ Hampton: love it and up-thumbing it. Details may be picked apart by others but this is, overall, a look I aspire to. I will post my own paltry attempt at a vaguely similar fit (worn yesterday) when I have access to wire connector dongle thingies.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3838
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57557 of 787218/13/13 at 4:20am
hampton that's prob a rocking suit, but not a great shot, gotta say. The GGs are and could def go a close up.
giving Kent Wang a shot- lite weight gold Summer suit
Linen tie n square
Kent comes across as a pretty efficient and reliable guy. Fast. Curt (lol).
Good detailing. phenomenal amt/ hand-stitching for online MTM.
Wish he had a bigger range of cloth weights. If he CMTs I'm in for another.
DeetsWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pliny - 8/13/13 at 7:06ampost #57558 of 787218/13/13 at 4:39am^ looks great, agree with everything you said about Kent He does do CMT as well. I haven't tried it yet (2 suits with him so far and a navy blazer on the way, all with cloth from his books), but prices are pretty reasonable.post #57559 of 787218/13/13 at 4:57ampost #57560 of 787218/13/13 at 5:17ampost #57561 of 787218/13/13 at 5:19ampost #57562 of 787218/13/13 at 5:30ampost #57563 of 787218/13/13 at 7:06ampost #57564 of 787218/13/13 at 7:35amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
On the way to the haircutter.
I llike this combo better than the one you had yesterday. But the trousers are too short - or too wide. Slim them, or make them longer.post #57565 of 787218/13/13 at 7:47amQuote:
If I had a million buck I wouldn't be on sf now ... but wait I probably would, love this place!Quote:
Thanks pliny. You know pictures is not my strong side (even when I take them myself)
Anyhow love your outfit, cool socks aswell :)!post #57566 of 787218/13/13 at 8:01ampost #57567 of 787218/13/13 at 8:27am
Seriously though, those trousers are pretty damn slim already. Compare the left leg to the right: the left is bent and so you can see the outline of my leg underneath; the right is pressed against the back of the chair, so you can see the maximum amount of extra fabric present (obviously, there's less visible when standing normally). Even with this maximum visible difference, you can see that the difference isn't huge. I couldn't go slimmer without it being damn close to the skin in many areas, a look & feel I personally think is neither comfortable nor attractive. As Frankie says, this is a ymmv thing. Compared to how I used to wear my trousers, those are actually much slimmer!
I love blue striped shirts generally, but find there's a gap in my love between really fine hairline and standard bengal stripe widths. :)
Best implementation of that shirt I've seen you do. Great look all round.
Items are all very nice but I feel that the shoes are too dark for the shirt/tie combo. I think if you wanted to keep those shoes with the suit, a darker tie (and possibly a blue or other shirt), might work better. Alternatively, a lighter-coloured brown for the shoes.Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that's the nicest overall KW suit I've seen. I do think that his suit proportions would benefit from some shoulder padding.post #57568 of 787218/13/13 at 8:31ampost #57569 of 787218/13/13 at 8:34am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Brand New Air Jordan 1 Retro '86 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan