Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3829post #57421 of 787228/12/13 at 5:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57422 of 787228/12/13 at 5:50am
I love what you did there! I don't know if it's perfect like others have said. For instance, I think the first person who commented on the shoes was right. I wouldn't have chosen that. But it's a really strong outfit IMO. I'm jealous of your color matching abilities!post #57423 of 787228/12/13 at 5:55ampost #57424 of 787228/12/13 at 5:57ampost #57425 of 787228/12/13 at 5:59ampost #57426 of 787228/12/13 at 6:00amBeat, looks nice. I would personally get a slightly longer jacket, drop the pockets slightly and lose the ticket pocket. Also, the trousers seem a bit skimpy. Also, are you slightly bow-legged? Perhaps talk to your tailor about taking in the crotch inseam to swing the pattern to make the legs fall straighter and less like: (( )) I have the opposite problem of being knocked kneed from my fat days. Also, to really nitpick just slightly reduce the trouser length.
Stylistically, I don't care for the contrast collar shirt.post #57427 of 787228/12/13 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Navy isn't a fail IMO. A lot of people just don't know how to peer it.
I agree. I'm not sure I know how to "peer" (?) it, but I definitely don't immediately discount it's potential.post #57428 of 787228/12/13 at 6:03am
Jacket shape's terrific Beatlegeuse. r u broad shouldered? if anything go one wider. maybe. sleeve pitch may need slight adjust there's very slight rippling. My personal pref would be for wider pants, no cuffs, but TEHO.
what's the weight and color of the cloth?Quote:
my ole school tiepost #57429 of 787228/12/13 at 6:06ampost #57430 of 787228/12/13 at 6:08amQuote:
FTFY, I belive that is what he meant.
I personally don't have any navy wool trousers, but I love my navy chinos and linen pants. Pair them with a brown or green SC or sweater, or nothing more than a shirt.post #57431 of 787228/12/13 at 6:12ampost #57432 of 787228/12/13 at 6:12ampost #57433 of 787228/12/13 at 6:13ampost #57434 of 787228/12/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Beat, looks nice. I would personally get a slightly longer jacket, drop the pockets slightly and lose the ticket pocket. Also, the trousers seem a bit skimpy. Also, are you slightly bow-legged? Perhaps talk to your tailor about taking in the crotch inseam to swing the pattern to make the legs fall straighter and less like: (( )) I have the opposite problem of being knocked kneed from my fat days. Also, to really nitpick just slightly reduce the trouser length.
Stylistically, I don't care for the contrast collar shirt.
I think the angle of the pic is a little low, so it's making the jacket look shorter. It covers my butt, and I actually had the front of the jacket cut longer than the back to fix a balance issue. I'm definitely bow legged, and that's a problem I've always had with suit pants. I'll talk to my tailor and see what they can do about it. Like Caustic Man just posted, this isn't a contrast collar shirt, it's just a standard light blue.Quote:
I have pretty medium shoulders, not too broad, not too narrow. I can try experimenting with some slightly wider shoulders next time. The cloth is a pretty standard medium grey twill, Gladson fabric. It's a four season fabric, right around 10oz.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 21 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 24 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › SUITSUPPLY - 40L / 98 - Hudson - SS2015 - Brown Threepiece - BNWT 35 minutes ago
- › Pant length and current trends with trouser break 36 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...