Shanks, it's new.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3829post #57421 of 787248/12/13 at 5:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57422 of 787248/12/13 at 5:49ampost #57423 of 787248/12/13 at 5:50am
I love what you did there! I don't know if it's perfect like others have said. For instance, I think the first person who commented on the shoes was right. I wouldn't have chosen that. But it's a really strong outfit IMO. I'm jealous of your color matching abilities!post #57424 of 787248/12/13 at 5:55ampost #57425 of 787248/12/13 at 5:57ampost #57426 of 787248/12/13 at 5:59ampost #57427 of 787248/12/13 at 6:00amBeat, looks nice. I would personally get a slightly longer jacket, drop the pockets slightly and lose the ticket pocket. Also, the trousers seem a bit skimpy. Also, are you slightly bow-legged? Perhaps talk to your tailor about taking in the crotch inseam to swing the pattern to make the legs fall straighter and less like: (( )) I have the opposite problem of being knocked kneed from my fat days. Also, to really nitpick just slightly reduce the trouser length.
Stylistically, I don't care for the contrast collar shirt.post #57428 of 787248/12/13 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Navy isn't a fail IMO. A lot of people just don't know how to peer it.
I agree. I'm not sure I know how to "peer" (?) it, but I definitely don't immediately discount it's potential.post #57429 of 787248/12/13 at 6:03am
Jacket shape's terrific Beatlegeuse. r u broad shouldered? if anything go one wider. maybe. sleeve pitch may need slight adjust there's very slight rippling. My personal pref would be for wider pants, no cuffs, but TEHO.
what's the weight and color of the cloth?Quote:
my ole school tiepost #57430 of 787248/12/13 at 6:06ampost #57431 of 787248/12/13 at 6:08amQuote:
FTFY, I belive that is what he meant.
I personally don't have any navy wool trousers, but I love my navy chinos and linen pants. Pair them with a brown or green SC or sweater, or nothing more than a shirt.post #57432 of 787248/12/13 at 6:12ampost #57433 of 787248/12/13 at 6:12ampost #57434 of 787248/12/13 at 6:13ampost #57435 of 787248/12/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Beat, looks nice. I would personally get a slightly longer jacket, drop the pockets slightly and lose the ticket pocket. Also, the trousers seem a bit skimpy. Also, are you slightly bow-legged? Perhaps talk to your tailor about taking in the crotch inseam to swing the pattern to make the legs fall straighter and less like: (( )) I have the opposite problem of being knocked kneed from my fat days. Also, to really nitpick just slightly reduce the trouser length.
Stylistically, I don't care for the contrast collar shirt.
I think the angle of the pic is a little low, so it's making the jacket look shorter. It covers my butt, and I actually had the front of the jacket cut longer than the back to fix a balance issue. I'm definitely bow legged, and that's a problem I've always had with suit pants. I'll talk to my tailor and see what they can do about it. Like Caustic Man just posted, this isn't a contrast collar shirt, it's just a standard light blue.Quote:
I have pretty medium shoulders, not too broad, not too narrow. I can try experimenting with some slightly wider shoulders next time. The cloth is a pretty standard medium grey twill, Gladson fabric. It's a four season fabric, right around 10oz.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › OUR LEGACY Polka Dot Flannel Jumbo Shirt 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Museum Calf Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 29 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)