Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3828post #57406 of 787198/12/13 at 3:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57407 of 787198/12/13 at 3:14ampost #57408 of 787198/12/13 at 3:50ampost #57409 of 787198/12/13 at 4:09amKeeping with the theme of last Friday's Challenge of wearing a shirt in an unusual color, this is what I would have worn, had the weather been better (rain was predicted for last Friday, though it hardly rained during daylight hours).
Suit, shirt, tie, shoes - all BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #57410 of 787198/12/13 at 4:19amQuote:
I really like that jacket , and nice overall too Bernouilli. OCBD collars r a bit funky IMO- have to be picky about which jacket collar and tie to match them with. skinny ties, narrow lapels are the gopost #57411 of 787198/12/13 at 4:51am
Thanks, Pliny. I see your points regarding OCBDs...Again, very well put together, and the socks compliment everything. And upr, I so wish I could pull off a seersucker. Bravo!post #57412 of 787198/12/13 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This may further solidify my status as a certifiable wacko when it comes to buttoning points, but that seems a little low.post #57413 of 787198/12/13 at 5:11amQuote:Originally Posted by ClaghornQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This may further solidify my status as a certifiable wacko when it comes to buttoning points, but that seems a little low.
| coming from the guy who wears his buttoning point inbetween armpits...
The buttoning point on Spandexters suit is at the right height, only the jacket front (and likely back) could be an inch longer.post #57414 of 787198/12/13 at 5:15ampost #57415 of 787198/12/13 at 5:19amButton points are a weird thing, and, imo can't really be judged appropriately unless you can see the top of the person's head to get a sense of their height and where it falls.
Spandexter looks good. Too linear even for me though. Not enough tie, suit contrast, imo. Also, the trousers look too skimpy.
I like pliny'a color combos, less the socks. As noted the shirt is awful. I wouldn't have put a TV fold square with that either.
Bernoulli's tie is awful, and so are the gaudy cufflinks. And funny enough, I would think Bernoulli's button point is off more than spandexter's.post #57416 of 787198/12/13 at 5:24ampost #57417 of 787198/12/13 at 5:41ampost #57418 of 787198/12/13 at 5:44ampost #57419 of 787198/12/13 at 5:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 45 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 56 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Honey Conditioner evoluton of how it changes Horween... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?