Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3828post #57406 of 787218/12/13 at 3:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57407 of 787218/12/13 at 3:14ampost #57408 of 787218/12/13 at 3:50ampost #57409 of 787218/12/13 at 4:09amKeeping with the theme of last Friday's Challenge of wearing a shirt in an unusual color, this is what I would have worn, had the weather been better (rain was predicted for last Friday, though it hardly rained during daylight hours).
Suit, shirt, tie, shoes - all BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #57410 of 787218/12/13 at 4:19amQuote:
I really like that jacket , and nice overall too Bernouilli. OCBD collars r a bit funky IMO- have to be picky about which jacket collar and tie to match them with. skinny ties, narrow lapels are the gopost #57411 of 787218/12/13 at 4:51am
Thanks, Pliny. I see your points regarding OCBDs...Again, very well put together, and the socks compliment everything. And upr, I so wish I could pull off a seersucker. Bravo!post #57412 of 787218/12/13 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This may further solidify my status as a certifiable wacko when it comes to buttoning points, but that seems a little low.post #57413 of 787218/12/13 at 5:11amQuote:Originally Posted by ClaghornQuote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This may further solidify my status as a certifiable wacko when it comes to buttoning points, but that seems a little low.
| coming from the guy who wears his buttoning point inbetween armpits...
The buttoning point on Spandexters suit is at the right height, only the jacket front (and likely back) could be an inch longer.post #57414 of 787218/12/13 at 5:15ampost #57415 of 787218/12/13 at 5:19amButton points are a weird thing, and, imo can't really be judged appropriately unless you can see the top of the person's head to get a sense of their height and where it falls.
Spandexter looks good. Too linear even for me though. Not enough tie, suit contrast, imo. Also, the trousers look too skimpy.
I like pliny'a color combos, less the socks. As noted the shirt is awful. I wouldn't have put a TV fold square with that either.
Bernoulli's tie is awful, and so are the gaudy cufflinks. And funny enough, I would think Bernoulli's button point is off more than spandexter's.post #57416 of 787218/12/13 at 5:24ampost #57417 of 787218/12/13 at 5:41ampost #57418 of 787218/12/13 at 5:44ampost #57419 of 787218/12/13 at 5:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Geil Mode - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...