Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3809post #57121 of 787238/9/13 at 6:43amPretty much nothing I like about that combo. The jacket could be nice, but it looks tight and short. I would also pair it with mid grey trousers, not tan/brown. The shirt has a little too much going on it in for the texture of the jacket, imo. I think a bengal striped ocdb, or a plain pale blue ocbd would look nicer with the jacket. Also, I would opt for a cream puff stuffed a bit further into the pocket.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57122 of 787238/9/13 at 6:44am
Agree. Should have been more clear--a less primary color blue neat would work, so long as the shade of blue still provides sufficient contrast with the blue of the suit.
A solid navy tie is definitely a grey-suit tie.post #57123 of 787238/9/13 at 6:46amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Pretty much nothing I like about that combo. The jacket could be nice, but it looks tight and short. I would also pair it with mid grey trousers, not tan/brown. The shirt has a little too much going on it in for the texture of the jacket, imo. I think a bengal striped ocdb, or a plain pale blue ocbd would look nicer with the jacket. Also, I would opt for a cream puff stuffed a bit further into the pocket.
Thanks for the feedback.
I do need to get the jacket taken out a little, well spotted. The length doesn't bother me, nor does the pairing with light-coloured trousers - although I'll try the jacket out with a mid shade trouser when such comes to hand. (I'm travelling.)
Might be difficult to see from the photo, but the dark blue square actually picks up the tertiary colour in the shirt. I'd be worried that a cream PS might be too contrasty and distracting..post #57124 of 787238/9/13 at 6:55amQuote:
The DOW is rocking one on Voxsart today.
U had me worried there cos i usualy get it wrong but looked it up in ttrusty Flusser - Spitalsfield ties with one 't' - heavy silk witha neat pattern. Sometjing to do with Huguenot weavers in the 'East End'. Mebe they dont do them anymore?
Edited by Pliny - 8/9/13 at 7:28ampost #57125 of 787238/9/13 at 6:58ampost #57126 of 787238/9/13 at 7:02amQuote:
Gosh, I feel like I am like light years away from y'all.post #57127 of 787238/9/13 at 7:05ampost #57128 of 787238/9/13 at 7:08amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think it looks decent, much improved from what I recall of your past pics.
I think you should not use a Windsor knot.
I think you should hold on tight to that very nice looking lady and never let go.post #57129 of 787238/9/13 at 7:14ampost #57130 of 787238/9/13 at 7:20amYep, definitely looking good-- in particular, width of trousers / fit and break are all excellent. I had to comment on the post, because the shape of your shoes is so good-- I can't stand stubby lookin, too rounded toes on shoes. Yours are elegant examples of what a good dress shoe looks like!!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
The weather is unseasonably cool and pleasant today in NYC, and I am taking full advantage of it.
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt & cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Tie - BB
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #57131 of 787238/9/13 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Suit supply suit
TM Lewin Shirt
Brooks Brothers tie Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks nice, but to nitpick I would wear a simple patterned tie with the same base color as the one you have on there and lose the clip. Also, the knot looks silly, a four in hand would do.post #57132 of 787238/9/13 at 7:31am
Yes, that's what I meant. pB below explains what I only hinted at. Of course, as I said IRL & in motion, the unfortuante effect may well disappear; static photos can be misleading about this, esp. in certain poses.post #57133 of 787238/9/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Pretty good. But..
+1 obvQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you should not use a Windsor knot.
I think you should hold on tight to that very nice looking lady and never let go.
+1 here but the sleeve rotation - you can let that go. You're not standing naturally and this isn't the picture to help decide that.Quote:
pB has it as always.
WHATS HER NAME BROpost #57134 of 787238/9/13 at 7:33am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things you just don't get 53 seconds ago
- › Robert Geller/Common Projects 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Does this jacket fit? 4 minutes ago
- › common projects achilles white 46 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)