ps - forgot to add a PS to the above fit. Maybe it would have been too much anyway.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3806
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57077 of 787198/8/13 at 8:51pmpost #57078 of 787198/8/13 at 9:25pmpost #57079 of 787198/8/13 at 11:50pmpost #57080 of 787198/8/13 at 11:53pmpost #57081 of 787198/9/13 at 12:13am
UC like that jacket in camel and the PS (pocket sprout)
monkeyface cool shirt- whose the maker?
Dark Chocolate and sky blue roks. patchy is cool too. nice one!Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lotsa brown, blue but wanted to try the black tie, Hober linenWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pliny - 8/9/13 at 12:56ampost #57082 of 787198/9/13 at 12:43ampost #57083 of 787198/9/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Really great fit.
Good luck. That feeling of complete helplessness / uselessness is unlike anything else. But it ends very happily.Quote:Originally Posted by Pliny
yeah like the Spittalsfield- I guess there not made there anymore, but they do look classy. Hard to wear rite IMO because they generaly lighter in color, so that and their formality kinda narrrows the range of jacket/suit options. Look good with light grays tho
Think you mean Macclesfield
A simple, but if you've spent any time in Shoreditch, a funny mistake.post #57084 of 787198/9/13 at 2:29am
Long time lurker, first time poster in here. I'm looking for feedback on the combination, not the fit. Will post fit pictures once I feel comfortable with combinations (formality, textures, colors) and built a respectable wardrobe.
SC: Zegna Milano fit
Shirt: CT tab-collar
PS: E.G. Cappelli
Trousers: TM Lewin
Edited by DonRaphael - 8/9/13 at 3:33ampost #57085 of 787198/9/13 at 2:42amQuote:
I see nothing 'wrong' with this but I would have gone with a blue shirt over white.post #57086 of 787198/9/13 at 3:05ampost #57087 of 787198/9/13 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Casual friday just cause I might hang out after work...
Colours are really excellent and the items are great. My one quibble is that the jacket appears a little short (fine in itself, in a fashionable way) but in this case I think the trousers could then use a little more rise. As it is, the combination of pretty short jacket & relatively snug trouser fit isn't flattering. IRL, in motion, I'm sure it looks good though; it's probably just the static pic that's causing that effect.
Having fun with your unusual shirt colour challenge:post #57088 of 787198/9/13 at 4:14ampost #57089 of 787198/9/13 at 4:23am
Thanks, HF. Maybe not when used with this jacket, but I think these are probably the most flattering trousers I own. Already stressing my crotch though, can't wear them higher - it's the jacket that is fashionably short, though I find myself really enjoying the change of "pace". My dress trousers are usually fuller from the knee down, but being RTW, they are a bit snug at the thighs, a problem I commonly encounter. These I'm wearing today are not that snug at the thighs and at the same time have some more taper, and as a result I'm being continually asked if I have lost weight again today. lol.
And your shirt is the kind of stuff I really wanted to see in the challenge, well donepost #57090 of 787198/9/13 at 5:16amDiaz, I agree with HF's assessment. I also am not a fran of such contrast in the buttons, even in a casual jacket. Are they plastic? Perhaps MOP would tone them down a bit and up the "lux" of the jacket. Also, I am not sold on the shoes. Something just looks off about the pant/shoe transition. I am thinking a derby, or a loafer would look better with that outfit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 8 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?