ps - forgot to add a PS to the above fit. Maybe it would have been too much anyway.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3806
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57077 of 787218/8/13 at 8:51pmpost #57078 of 787218/8/13 at 9:25pmpost #57079 of 787218/8/13 at 11:50pmpost #57080 of 787218/8/13 at 11:53pmpost #57081 of 787218/9/13 at 12:13am
UC like that jacket in camel and the PS (pocket sprout)
monkeyface cool shirt- whose the maker?
Dark Chocolate and sky blue roks. patchy is cool too. nice one!Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lotsa brown, blue but wanted to try the black tie, Hober linenWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Pliny - 8/9/13 at 12:56ampost #57082 of 787218/9/13 at 12:43ampost #57083 of 787218/9/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Really great fit.
Good luck. That feeling of complete helplessness / uselessness is unlike anything else. But it ends very happily.Quote:Originally Posted by Pliny
yeah like the Spittalsfield- I guess there not made there anymore, but they do look classy. Hard to wear rite IMO because they generaly lighter in color, so that and their formality kinda narrrows the range of jacket/suit options. Look good with light grays tho
Think you mean Macclesfield
A simple, but if you've spent any time in Shoreditch, a funny mistake.post #57084 of 787218/9/13 at 2:29am
Long time lurker, first time poster in here. I'm looking for feedback on the combination, not the fit. Will post fit pictures once I feel comfortable with combinations (formality, textures, colors) and built a respectable wardrobe.
SC: Zegna Milano fit
Shirt: CT tab-collar
PS: E.G. Cappelli
Trousers: TM Lewin
Edited by DonRaphael - 8/9/13 at 3:33ampost #57085 of 787218/9/13 at 2:42amQuote:
I see nothing 'wrong' with this but I would have gone with a blue shirt over white.post #57086 of 787218/9/13 at 3:05ampost #57087 of 787218/9/13 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Casual friday just cause I might hang out after work...
Colours are really excellent and the items are great. My one quibble is that the jacket appears a little short (fine in itself, in a fashionable way) but in this case I think the trousers could then use a little more rise. As it is, the combination of pretty short jacket & relatively snug trouser fit isn't flattering. IRL, in motion, I'm sure it looks good though; it's probably just the static pic that's causing that effect.
Having fun with your unusual shirt colour challenge:post #57088 of 787218/9/13 at 4:14ampost #57089 of 787218/9/13 at 4:23am
Thanks, HF. Maybe not when used with this jacket, but I think these are probably the most flattering trousers I own. Already stressing my crotch though, can't wear them higher - it's the jacket that is fashionably short, though I find myself really enjoying the change of "pace". My dress trousers are usually fuller from the knee down, but being RTW, they are a bit snug at the thighs, a problem I commonly encounter. These I'm wearing today are not that snug at the thighs and at the same time have some more taper, and as a result I'm being continually asked if I have lost weight again today. lol.
And your shirt is the kind of stuff I really wanted to see in the challenge, well donepost #57090 of 787218/9/13 at 5:16amDiaz, I agree with HF's assessment. I also am not a fran of such contrast in the buttons, even in a casual jacket. Are they plastic? Perhaps MOP would tone them down a bit and up the "lux" of the jacket. Also, I am not sold on the shoes. Something just looks off about the pant/shoe transition. I am thinking a derby, or a loafer would look better with that outfit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › This Week's Thrift Explosion - June 30, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 8 minutes ago
- › RAW denim crotch wear out 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...