Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3781post #56702 of 787178/6/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I think you is wroooong, Stitch. But I'm still learning. Here's my take. It's short and simple (that's what she said);
PS's seem to fail due to people thinking the PS needs to stand out for some reason. Not sure if they've seen too much Donald Trump or what. PS's seem to succeed when they're within the same contrast.
But, in the end, this is two guys that don't like wearing PS's talking like they know PS rules.
i is right. PS fail is very often people trying to coordinate yet another color, pattern and texture to a fit, and it not really working out right. sticking with the general color palate already in play, be it shirt or tie, will lead to a much might higher % rate of PS success. not everyone is a combo genius.post #56703 of 787178/6/13 at 1:44pmpost #56704 of 787178/6/13 at 1:47pmpost #56705 of 787178/6/13 at 1:47pmDC, that combo looks much better with the jacket open. Given that it's also a bit snug, this is a win/win for you. The fabric of the trousers is kind of letting down the rest of the fit, IMO.
AAS, I would prefer a solid with that jacket, but that ain't bad.
New-guy-whose-name-I've-forgotten, that's an estimable first post. Welcome.post #56706 of 787178/6/13 at 1:57pmpost #56707 of 787178/6/13 at 2:07pmpost #56708 of 787178/6/13 at 2:11pmpost #56709 of 787178/6/13 at 2:14pmpost #56710 of 787178/6/13 at 2:15pmpost #56711 of 787178/6/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute StyleQuote:Nice. I might have to try this one myself. Is the suit grey or brown?Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Have some mint chip, fellas...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brownish gray.post #56712 of 787178/6/13 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologneQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
Good fit on the suit DC, Ed gave you all the right advice there is to give, the only thing i would add is that I am not a big fan of your chili red shoes with most of your outfits. I'd like to see black cap toe oxfords, black plain derbys with a chiseled toe box or even black single monks.
At which ritz carlton do you work by the way? Berlin?
Regarding theories on name origions:
EmartNJ owns several E-Mart franchises in and around trenton.
Timotune is tommy tune's sawn-off twin brother and Don Cologne really has a soft spot for 4711.
It´s no Ritz charlton. The motto of ritz charlton I only quote, because I think thats what a very good hotel distinguish from a good or mediocre one.
It´s a small relais&chateaux hotel in the south west of germany: http://www.villa-hammerschmiede.de/
Black shoes I only wear on gray and charcoal suits.
carlton, like the carlton dance. not charlton like the charleston dance.
black shoes with navy is a british classic but brown nubuk or certain tan leathers work great, too we learned that from the italians. i'm personally not sold on chili shoes, the only reddish shoes i own are cordovan red or oxblood. i think chili could work with odd mid grey flannel trousers.
enjoy the night shift.post #56713 of 787178/6/13 at 3:56pmpost #56714 of 787178/6/13 at 4:02pmpost #56715 of 787178/6/13 at 4:05pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1018 Active Users (114 Members and 904 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 46 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 26 minutes ago
- › New $650 Kiton Solid White Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.75 52 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...