Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3764post #56446 of 787238/3/13 at 4:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56447 of 787238/3/13 at 4:36pm
The pool is up, it's time to vote!post #56448 of 787238/3/13 at 5:20pmpost #56449 of 787238/3/13 at 5:50pmpost #56450 of 787238/3/13 at 6:00pmpost #56451 of 787238/3/13 at 6:36pmpost #56452 of 787238/3/13 at 6:37pm
EDIT: and I'm going to nip this in the bud right here.
apparently, I wandered into the no-fun zone all of a sudden here...
On the previous page there were speculations about DC being a hitman and an enforcer.
obviously more noble professions & SF-approved than a theater usher (/sarcasm)
I don't know how you might have taken it, but this was a mere post on what jobs require a DB suit at night not on how he is dressed, which is very sharp in my opinion.
In any case, DC if you happen to read this, it was just a "for fun" post and if you are offended I'm sorrypost #56453 of 787238/3/13 at 7:25pm
thanks, ich!Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I wonder about this hat. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Love the colour, texture and style, all of which IMHO work with the overall fit. What I'm not so sure about is the height of the crown and the shape of the indents. The top indent seems to be structured into the hat (some trilbys are made this way - I have one myself), meaning you can't punch it further in to lower the crown. The side indents seem poorly formed and maybe they could be punched in just a little further. The other issue may be that the hat is a size too small, although I'm not convinced about this either. If the size is right, then basically I have to conclude that the hat is simply too tall - maybe by 1cm. In which case if I were you, I'd consign this one to the flames and look for a replacement in the same style but with an ever-so-slightly lower crown.
Hats are so damn hard to get right.
long story short, i bought the hat from H&M as a gag, with my brother, maybe 4 years ago. we also bought bow ties and donned sun glasses. then we walked around teh mall watching people react to our get ups. iirc we had on super tight shoes, too. fun times.
that being said, i have no particular affinity for the hat, and i only dig it up from time to time, just for fun.Quote:
i rarely shop B&M these days.post #56454 of 787238/3/13 at 7:31pm
Oddly enough, I just happened to watch for the first time the other evening, an old movie from 1973 "The Night Porter".
Very interesting film with a strong plot and incredible performances from Dirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling. Unfortunately it went terribly flaccid in the third act, becoming almost unbearably dull at times. Which was a shame, because the first and second acts were riveting. The movie is essentially Italian (direction, financing, cast etc all Italian), but set in Vienna and with dialogue in English. There's a Nazi subplot, but it's incidental to the core themes of the movie, which are deeply personal.post #56455 of 787238/3/13 at 8:23pmpost #56456 of 787238/3/13 at 8:35pmpost #56457 of 787238/3/13 at 9:17pm
Like that a lot, Claghorn, but the gap between the bottom of the pocket and the bottom of the jacket throws off my sense of zen. Ever think about flapped patch pockets? If you had the top of the flap even with the bottom button, the pocket would be set lower, closing that gap. Also, I like flapped patch pockets...
post #56458 of 787238/3/13 at 10:12pm
The next jacket I have made, I'll have the second button set about a centimeter lower and the pockets lowered accordingly. The jacket has fairly closed quarters, so you generally won't see shirt unless my hands are in my pockets (which admittedly, they are fairly often )post #56459 of 787238/4/13 at 2:01amThats nice Claghorn ^^
Drakes tie and wool-silk square + BB District check
Demeter-Halmos Norwegers in Freudenberg calf, Goiserer sewn welt. This small Austro-Hungarian maker is no longer trading, but perhaps the father and son team make for Vass now- shame they closed because their styles were pretty authentic A-H.post #56460 of 787238/4/13 at 3:18am
That is very nice, Pliny. How do you feel about wearing what seems to be a paisley madder in summer? Madders are my favourite ties but I think I'd feel a bit unseasonal wearing one here... maybe weather is a bit more autumnal where you live?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)