Yjeezle, Cheap shot directed at DC. No class!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3764post #56446 of 787178/3/13 at 6:00pmpost #56447 of 787178/3/13 at 6:36pmpost #56448 of 787178/3/13 at 6:37pm
EDIT: and I'm going to nip this in the bud right here.
apparently, I wandered into the no-fun zone all of a sudden here...
On the previous page there were speculations about DC being a hitman and an enforcer.
obviously more noble professions & SF-approved than a theater usher (/sarcasm)
I don't know how you might have taken it, but this was a mere post on what jobs require a DB suit at night not on how he is dressed, which is very sharp in my opinion.
In any case, DC if you happen to read this, it was just a "for fun" post and if you are offended I'm sorrypost #56449 of 787178/3/13 at 7:25pm
thanks, ich!Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I wonder about this hat. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Love the colour, texture and style, all of which IMHO work with the overall fit. What I'm not so sure about is the height of the crown and the shape of the indents. The top indent seems to be structured into the hat (some trilbys are made this way - I have one myself), meaning you can't punch it further in to lower the crown. The side indents seem poorly formed and maybe they could be punched in just a little further. The other issue may be that the hat is a size too small, although I'm not convinced about this either. If the size is right, then basically I have to conclude that the hat is simply too tall - maybe by 1cm. In which case if I were you, I'd consign this one to the flames and look for a replacement in the same style but with an ever-so-slightly lower crown.
Hats are so damn hard to get right.
long story short, i bought the hat from H&M as a gag, with my brother, maybe 4 years ago. we also bought bow ties and donned sun glasses. then we walked around teh mall watching people react to our get ups. iirc we had on super tight shoes, too. fun times.
that being said, i have no particular affinity for the hat, and i only dig it up from time to time, just for fun.Quote:
i rarely shop B&M these days.post #56450 of 787178/3/13 at 7:31pm
Oddly enough, I just happened to watch for the first time the other evening, an old movie from 1973 "The Night Porter".
Very interesting film with a strong plot and incredible performances from Dirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling. Unfortunately it went terribly flaccid in the third act, becoming almost unbearably dull at times. Which was a shame, because the first and second acts were riveting. The movie is essentially Italian (direction, financing, cast etc all Italian), but set in Vienna and with dialogue in English. There's a Nazi subplot, but it's incidental to the core themes of the movie, which are deeply personal.post #56451 of 787178/3/13 at 8:23pmpost #56452 of 787178/3/13 at 8:35pmpost #56453 of 787178/3/13 at 9:17pm
Like that a lot, Claghorn, but the gap between the bottom of the pocket and the bottom of the jacket throws off my sense of zen. Ever think about flapped patch pockets? If you had the top of the flap even with the bottom button, the pocket would be set lower, closing that gap. Also, I like flapped patch pockets...
post #56454 of 787178/3/13 at 10:12pm
The next jacket I have made, I'll have the second button set about a centimeter lower and the pockets lowered accordingly. The jacket has fairly closed quarters, so you generally won't see shirt unless my hands are in my pockets (which admittedly, they are fairly often )post #56455 of 787178/4/13 at 2:01amThats nice Claghorn ^^
Drakes tie and wool-silk square + BB District check
Demeter-Halmos Norwegers in Freudenberg calf, Goiserer sewn welt. This small Austro-Hungarian maker is no longer trading, but perhaps the father and son team make for Vass now- shame they closed because their styles were pretty authentic A-H.post #56456 of 787178/4/13 at 3:18am
That is very nice, Pliny. How do you feel about wearing what seems to be a paisley madder in summer? Madders are my favourite ties but I think I'd feel a bit unseasonal wearing one here... maybe weather is a bit more autumnal where you live?post #56457 of 787178/4/13 at 4:06amCheers Diaz, its Winter here in the southern hemi, but still pretty mild. The District Check im wearing it with is originally a tweed design, and the madder's colors go nicely IMO altho this is really a worsted.
fantastic linen fit the other day BTWpost #56458 of 787178/4/13 at 5:20amQuote:Looks very good on you - nice fit and the tie is a beauty.Originally Posted by Monkeyface
So, case in point about being lucky, look what I thrifted today! A slightly lighter than navy Pal Zileri Abito Privato suit, I believe that's their MTM line. It was made for a certain Sebastian, and not only does he have the same taste as I do, he also has the exact same body as I do, as the suit fits me very well, all it needs is a good pressing. Uncanny much? The fabric is a gorgeous S130's Guabello weave, with a very intricate pattern, the sleeves have working button holes, and the buttons themselves are navy, a nice detail.
The trousers are slightly wider than I'm used to, but I think it works well here, what do you guys think?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #56459 of 787178/4/13 at 5:31ampost #56460 of 787178/4/13 at 6:01amQuote:
Thanks, and I didn't know you were in the southern hemisphere... makes a lot more sense now
If I can finally go bespoke this year (don't know if I will have enough money after two holiday trips) I want my first commission to be a district check like that - shades of tan with a faint light blue overcheck, in either worsted or tweed. Looks very nice. I remember mafoofan wearing something similar.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 9 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 17 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 27 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 32 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 47 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 51 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 52 minutes ago
- › NWT 38R Spiga3 Navy Blue Linen Blazer 55 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...