Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3764
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56447 of 787218/3/13 at 5:50pmpost #56448 of 787218/3/13 at 6:00pmpost #56449 of 787218/3/13 at 6:36pmpost #56450 of 787218/3/13 at 6:37pm
EDIT: and I'm going to nip this in the bud right here.
apparently, I wandered into the no-fun zone all of a sudden here...
On the previous page there were speculations about DC being a hitman and an enforcer.
obviously more noble professions & SF-approved than a theater usher (/sarcasm)
I don't know how you might have taken it, but this was a mere post on what jobs require a DB suit at night not on how he is dressed, which is very sharp in my opinion.
In any case, DC if you happen to read this, it was just a "for fun" post and if you are offended I'm sorrypost #56451 of 787218/3/13 at 7:25pm
thanks, ich!Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I wonder about this hat. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Love the colour, texture and style, all of which IMHO work with the overall fit. What I'm not so sure about is the height of the crown and the shape of the indents. The top indent seems to be structured into the hat (some trilbys are made this way - I have one myself), meaning you can't punch it further in to lower the crown. The side indents seem poorly formed and maybe they could be punched in just a little further. The other issue may be that the hat is a size too small, although I'm not convinced about this either. If the size is right, then basically I have to conclude that the hat is simply too tall - maybe by 1cm. In which case if I were you, I'd consign this one to the flames and look for a replacement in the same style but with an ever-so-slightly lower crown.
Hats are so damn hard to get right.
long story short, i bought the hat from H&M as a gag, with my brother, maybe 4 years ago. we also bought bow ties and donned sun glasses. then we walked around teh mall watching people react to our get ups. iirc we had on super tight shoes, too. fun times.
that being said, i have no particular affinity for the hat, and i only dig it up from time to time, just for fun.Quote:
i rarely shop B&M these days.post #56452 of 787218/3/13 at 7:31pm
Oddly enough, I just happened to watch for the first time the other evening, an old movie from 1973 "The Night Porter".
Very interesting film with a strong plot and incredible performances from Dirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling. Unfortunately it went terribly flaccid in the third act, becoming almost unbearably dull at times. Which was a shame, because the first and second acts were riveting. The movie is essentially Italian (direction, financing, cast etc all Italian), but set in Vienna and with dialogue in English. There's a Nazi subplot, but it's incidental to the core themes of the movie, which are deeply personal.post #56453 of 787218/3/13 at 8:23pmpost #56454 of 787218/3/13 at 8:35pmpost #56455 of 787218/3/13 at 9:17pm
Like that a lot, Claghorn, but the gap between the bottom of the pocket and the bottom of the jacket throws off my sense of zen. Ever think about flapped patch pockets? If you had the top of the flap even with the bottom button, the pocket would be set lower, closing that gap. Also, I like flapped patch pockets...
post #56456 of 787218/3/13 at 10:12pm
The next jacket I have made, I'll have the second button set about a centimeter lower and the pockets lowered accordingly. The jacket has fairly closed quarters, so you generally won't see shirt unless my hands are in my pockets (which admittedly, they are fairly often )post #56457 of 787218/4/13 at 2:01amThats nice Claghorn ^^
Drakes tie and wool-silk square + BB District check
Demeter-Halmos Norwegers in Freudenberg calf, Goiserer sewn welt. This small Austro-Hungarian maker is no longer trading, but perhaps the father and son team make for Vass now- shame they closed because their styles were pretty authentic A-H.post #56458 of 787218/4/13 at 3:18am
That is very nice, Pliny. How do you feel about wearing what seems to be a paisley madder in summer? Madders are my favourite ties but I think I'd feel a bit unseasonal wearing one here... maybe weather is a bit more autumnal where you live?post #56459 of 787218/4/13 at 4:06amCheers Diaz, its Winter here in the southern hemi, but still pretty mild. The District Check im wearing it with is originally a tweed design, and the madder's colors go nicely IMO altho this is really a worsted.
fantastic linen fit the other day BTWpost #56460 of 787218/4/13 at 5:20amQuote:Looks very good on you - nice fit and the tie is a beauty.Originally Posted by Monkeyface
So, case in point about being lucky, look what I thrifted today! A slightly lighter than navy Pal Zileri Abito Privato suit, I believe that's their MTM line. It was made for a certain Sebastian, and not only does he have the same taste as I do, he also has the exact same body as I do, as the suit fits me very well, all it needs is a good pressing. Uncanny much? The fabric is a gorgeous S130's Guabello weave, with a very intricate pattern, the sleeves have working button holes, and the buttons themselves are navy, a nice detail.
The trousers are slightly wider than I'm used to, but I think it works well here, what do you guys think?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 1 minute ago
- › THOM BROWNE ties 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › 7/3 MORE ADDED! - Over 50 Pair NWT Pants from Brioni, Incotex,... 15 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...