Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3764
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56447 of 787208/3/13 at 5:50pmpost #56448 of 787208/3/13 at 6:00pmpost #56449 of 787208/3/13 at 6:36pmpost #56450 of 787208/3/13 at 6:37pm
EDIT: and I'm going to nip this in the bud right here.
apparently, I wandered into the no-fun zone all of a sudden here...
On the previous page there were speculations about DC being a hitman and an enforcer.
obviously more noble professions & SF-approved than a theater usher (/sarcasm)
I don't know how you might have taken it, but this was a mere post on what jobs require a DB suit at night not on how he is dressed, which is very sharp in my opinion.
In any case, DC if you happen to read this, it was just a "for fun" post and if you are offended I'm sorrypost #56451 of 787208/3/13 at 7:25pm
thanks, ich!Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I wonder about this hat. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Love the colour, texture and style, all of which IMHO work with the overall fit. What I'm not so sure about is the height of the crown and the shape of the indents. The top indent seems to be structured into the hat (some trilbys are made this way - I have one myself), meaning you can't punch it further in to lower the crown. The side indents seem poorly formed and maybe they could be punched in just a little further. The other issue may be that the hat is a size too small, although I'm not convinced about this either. If the size is right, then basically I have to conclude that the hat is simply too tall - maybe by 1cm. In which case if I were you, I'd consign this one to the flames and look for a replacement in the same style but with an ever-so-slightly lower crown.
Hats are so damn hard to get right.
long story short, i bought the hat from H&M as a gag, with my brother, maybe 4 years ago. we also bought bow ties and donned sun glasses. then we walked around teh mall watching people react to our get ups. iirc we had on super tight shoes, too. fun times.
that being said, i have no particular affinity for the hat, and i only dig it up from time to time, just for fun.Quote:
i rarely shop B&M these days.post #56452 of 787208/3/13 at 7:31pm
Oddly enough, I just happened to watch for the first time the other evening, an old movie from 1973 "The Night Porter".
Very interesting film with a strong plot and incredible performances from Dirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling. Unfortunately it went terribly flaccid in the third act, becoming almost unbearably dull at times. Which was a shame, because the first and second acts were riveting. The movie is essentially Italian (direction, financing, cast etc all Italian), but set in Vienna and with dialogue in English. There's a Nazi subplot, but it's incidental to the core themes of the movie, which are deeply personal.post #56453 of 787208/3/13 at 8:23pmpost #56454 of 787208/3/13 at 8:35pmpost #56455 of 787208/3/13 at 9:17pm
Like that a lot, Claghorn, but the gap between the bottom of the pocket and the bottom of the jacket throws off my sense of zen. Ever think about flapped patch pockets? If you had the top of the flap even with the bottom button, the pocket would be set lower, closing that gap. Also, I like flapped patch pockets...
post #56456 of 787208/3/13 at 10:12pm
The next jacket I have made, I'll have the second button set about a centimeter lower and the pockets lowered accordingly. The jacket has fairly closed quarters, so you generally won't see shirt unless my hands are in my pockets (which admittedly, they are fairly often )post #56457 of 787208/4/13 at 2:01amThats nice Claghorn ^^
Drakes tie and wool-silk square + BB District check
Demeter-Halmos Norwegers in Freudenberg calf, Goiserer sewn welt. This small Austro-Hungarian maker is no longer trading, but perhaps the father and son team make for Vass now- shame they closed because their styles were pretty authentic A-H.post #56458 of 787208/4/13 at 3:18am
That is very nice, Pliny. How do you feel about wearing what seems to be a paisley madder in summer? Madders are my favourite ties but I think I'd feel a bit unseasonal wearing one here... maybe weather is a bit more autumnal where you live?post #56459 of 787208/4/13 at 4:06amCheers Diaz, its Winter here in the southern hemi, but still pretty mild. The District Check im wearing it with is originally a tweed design, and the madder's colors go nicely IMO altho this is really a worsted.
fantastic linen fit the other day BTWpost #56460 of 787208/4/13 at 5:20amQuote:Looks very good on you - nice fit and the tie is a beauty.Originally Posted by Monkeyface
So, case in point about being lucky, look what I thrifted today! A slightly lighter than navy Pal Zileri Abito Privato suit, I believe that's their MTM line. It was made for a certain Sebastian, and not only does he have the same taste as I do, he also has the exact same body as I do, as the suit fits me very well, all it needs is a good pressing. Uncanny much? The fabric is a gorgeous S130's Guabello weave, with a very intricate pattern, the sleeves have working button holes, and the buttons themselves are navy, a nice detail.
The trousers are slightly wider than I'm used to, but I think it works well here, what do you guys think?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Borelli Napoli ties 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden 975 LWB in Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan 8C Barrie 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 8 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 12 minutes ago
- › Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories