or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3755  

post #56311 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Great fit. Like I said, almost all blue can be done tastefully. I know it can, I've seen it!

Yeah 8 months. It's one of those things where, once I know I dressed bad, I couldn't do it again. So I started ordering everything as soon as I can. Of course I made some mistakes, about 5 shirts and 5 ties I don't like to wear too often. But the ties found new homes through Spoo. 

I don't have enough to post great daily fits (eg: 3 MTOs still on the way, and maybe 2 other shoes before I can call my shoe collection well rounded) but I have enough to post one or two here and there. 

And thanks Panda. I think all you veteran SF's need to bring back the pre-2010 crew. That's what I look at and learn from, or at least I try. Not saying there's not some fits I learned from recently here. 

I wish I still had pics from my first posts uhoh.gif
I just kept posting and taking notes until I saved enough to buy better fitting clothes but it still took me a long time. As for ties by the time I stopped posting two years ago I had nearly 100 and out of those I think I kept 10 or 15, the rest will be donated to the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

The suit I'm wearing in that pic was one of my last two full suits I bought before I changed jobs where I didn't have to wear full suits anymore. It's a Ben Sherman that I had tailored. The Linen suit from a few pages back was my last suit I bought. I don't recall the maker but I know it's not anyone of any import but again I had it tailored to fit as well.

Yeah there are a lot of pre-2010 SFers I'd love to see post again but as you said there is still quite a bit of good fits posted here now, which really makes me wish I still wore suits on a daily basis.
post #56312 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post


I wish I still had pics from my first posts uhoh.gif
I just kept posting and taking notes until I saved enough to buy better fitting clothes but it still took me a long time. As for ties by the time I stopped posting two years ago I had nearly 100 and out of those I think I kept 10 or 15, the rest will be donated to the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

The suit I'm wearing in that pic was one of my last two full suits I bought before I changed jobs where I didn't have to wear full suits anymore. It's a Ben Sherman that I had tailored. The Linen suit from a few pages back was my last suit I bought. I don't recall the maker but I know it's not anyone of any import but again I had it tailored to fit as well.

Yeah there are a lot of pre-2010 SFers I'd love to see post again but as you said there is still quite a bit of good fits posted here now, which really makes me wish I still wore suits on a daily basis.

I don't own a suit. I probably won't for a long time as no job of mine will dictate it and I think I can get by on sport coats and navy blazers for a while, while still being ahead of the game in 'the real world'.

 

I do want to get a navy suit with the pants on braces but I'm too scared to do it. although it'd only be for occasions like weddings.

 

Laughed at the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

post #56313 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

No, we're making a club. The Anti-Grenadine Unit! We're in the AGU, now. 


AGU will always be the American Geophysical Union in my heart. My dad used to take me to an occasional conference when I was a young teenager (well, he'd take me on the trip).

 

What a random bout of nostalgia.

 

And I agree--superb fit.

post #56314 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I don't own a suit. I probably won't for a long time as no job of mine will dictate it and I think I can get by on sport coats and navy blazers for a while, while still being ahead of the game in 'the real world'.

I do want to get a navy suit with the pants on braces but I'm too scared to do it. although it'd only be for occasions like weddings.

Laughed at the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

There's no shame in that. I work as a creative in advertising where almost no one even wears a SC or jacket. I on the other hand can't get away from my love of suit wearing so I regularly wear one with jeans and weather permitting a knit tie...but even that gets more than one comment...albeit positive...from time to time.

Save for my cream linen and one gray all of my suits are of various shades of navy. Braces...I'm with you on that one as well...too scared...just like when I finally broke down and bought a pair of jeans that weren't blue biggrin.gif

Oh if you'd seen some of those ties you'd be crying more than laughing crazy.gif
post #56315 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Gracias. Hope I've learned quickly enough to contribute. 8 months from nothing to more than enough. Just a few more staples to go.

very well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandArts View Post

Only 8 Months? Wow that's really good! It took me nearly 3 years shog[1].gif to get to a good place style wise.

this
Quote:
And as for too much blue... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is also close to one of my last posts...and what I wanted to wear today smile.gif

inlove.gif i have missed the signature P&A fit pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

No, we're making a club. The Anti-Grenadine Unit! We're in the AGU, now. 

GFTO

lol. jkjk, no srsly, G.T.F.O.
post #56316 of 78717

RDiaz: That's literally the first time I've seen wingtip tassels that look perfect. It helps that those are particularly nice examples of the breed, but you've deployed them perfectly. I'm impressed, and a little inspired...

post #56317 of 78717

Out of all shoes I saw at the store I was visiting, I only liked two pairs: these Yanko tassel loafers and a beautiful pair of "high-end" (Goodyear) Magnanni chestnut single monks. I'd have taken both, but that was €€€ I couldn't really justify. I have a feeling the Magnannis won't take long to be mine, though. They looked great with dark blue pants.

 

The loafers felt more appropiate for my summer stuff, so I picked them up; and you're right that it's probably hard to find nice looking wingtip tassels. In fact, if someone told me about such a style and I hadn't seen it in person I would probably disregard it. I'm surprised I liked them so much.


Edited by RDiaz - 8/2/13 at 9:29am
post #56318 of 78717
In general, I like what you're doing.

I like the tie, the shirt, and the pocket square separately. However, I think that they need some common element to pull them all together.

(Although maybe the tie and the shirt do have some color harmony, and I just can't tell because of the poor picture quality.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

AppleMark




]


Once again slightly crappy photos, but last day at the office internship then back to school so decided to have some fun
I like the colors but the tie pattern might be a miss, looking for suggestions on anything else as well.
While I know some of you don't like the socks, the Chairman of the firm does and he signs my check.
post #56319 of 78717

I'm selling a bunch of stuff on my blog.  I'm off to send out the goods.  Jacket: Uniqlo, Pants: Incotex, Shirt: Modern Tailor, Shoes: Cole Haan.  

 

 

Details. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #56320 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I'm selling a bunch of stuff on my blog.  I'm off to send out the goods.  Jacket: Uniqlo, Pants: Incotex, Shirt: Modern Tailor, Shoes: Cole Haan.  

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Details. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Pretty sure you don't seek my approval, but you surely have it. I like all of this. Even the shoes actually work pretty well I think. 

 

fing02[1].gif

post #56321 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Pretty sure you don't seek my approval, but you surely have it. I like all of this. Even the shoes actually work pretty well I think. 

fing02%5B1%5D.gif

I quite like this one too - I try to make a point of applauding tan / beige jackets with dark blue / navy strides as it says 'F you' to those on here who refuse to believe that combination can look good. The upper half looks a little washed out though AAS, maybe this was an opportunity for you to break out one of your more colorful shirts.
post #56322 of 78717
Another Instagram repeat:

s7h2.jpg
post #56323 of 78717
dbl
post #56324 of 78717

The trick with dark blue pants is to go lighter than navy, IMO. Even if it's just a few shades lighter.

post #56325 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

I quite like this one too - I try to make a point of applauding tan / beige jackets with dark blue / navy strides as it says 'F you' to those on here who refuse to believe that combination can look good. The upper half looks a little washed out though AAS, maybe this was an opportunity for you to break out one of your more colorful shirts.

+1 I've always loved that combo and I think he pulls it off quite well. I do agree a tad more contrast between jacket and shirt could help.

A bit less casual than his but I thought this worked for the most part. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III