or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3753

post #56281 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Since I don't have a 'real' camera (this is my old P&S) and the lighting is gone for the day, here's an indoor/outdoor, stitchy-style (means no PS, even though I know a white one would be 'correct' but no PS may be OK in real life).

 

New acquisitions:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Luxire Linen/Cotton Shirt

Panta Raw Silk Grenadine

 

 

 

 

Too much blue? Too many patterns?

 

Maybe too many patterns, I think a plain tie may have worked better. Is it possible to have too much blue? 

post #56282 of 75930

X-poast from friday challenge

 

 

 

 

HAT AND SHOE DETAIL (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Suit: El Corte Inglés

Shirt: Mirto

Tie: Canova's Club

Hank: Put This On

Shoes: Yanko

Hat: Panamania


Edited by RDiaz - 8/2/13 at 3:49am
post #56283 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Since I don't have a 'real' camera (this is my old P&S) and the lighting is gone for the day, here's an indoor/outdoor, stitchy-style (means no PS, even though I know a white one would be 'correct' but no PS may be OK in real life).

New acquisitions:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Luxire Linen/Cotton Shirt
Panta Raw Silk Grenadine






Too much blue? Too many patterns?

All great pieces seperately but not working together IMO. Mostly I think the jacket (which looks to have blue and black checks) is clashing with the tie (blue and brown). But probably as you thought, generally to much blue & too many patterns.
post #56284 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

X-poast from friday challenge






HAT AND SHOE DETAIL (Click to show)









Suit: El Corte Inglés
Shirt: Mirto
Tie: Canova's Club
Hank: Put This On
Shoes: Yanko
Hat: Panamania

Great stuff!
post #56285 of 75930
thanks. funny thing about this ensemble is that I didn't plan to own a linen suit; I decided to wear something other than seersucker and got a cream linen jacket, then arrived home and found out it exactly matched my linen trousers. even the buttons match. they are the same brand...
post #56286 of 75930

Successful rule break?

(I'll admit colors are bit off season)

 

post #56287 of 75930

 

It's too hot

post #56288 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post




It's too hot

Not everyone agrees, see above wink.gif

I'd never thought wearing a tie without a jacket could work, but this does.
post #56289 of 75930

Thanks! I completely agree but wearing a jacket today is just not happening and the jacket would have been discarded as soon as I reach the office anyway.

post #56290 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosroth View Post

Successful rule break?
(I'll admit colors are bit off season)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My apologies in advance for any offence but this is really really bad, some of the worst I've seen in this thread.

Edit: in the interests of being constructive, I'll give an honest critique beyond saying its bad.

Positives - the coat looks like it fits you reasonably well.

Negatives -
Your lost in a see of beige tones, not good.
That jumper, completely not right for wearing with a tie, actually completely not right for wearing with anything.
Shirt - darker than the tie, not a good look. Not really a shirt to wear a tie with period.
Trousers - are they cords? They need throwing out, they are all out of shape and bagging at the front, presumably from being worn out.

As far as improving the fit, keep the jacket and PS (dont wear them together though) and toss the rest.
Edited by Henry Carter - 8/2/13 at 4:02am
post #56291 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Shirt - darker than the tie, not a good look. Not really a shirt to wear a tie with period.

 

I'd say not a good shirt, full stop! The differently coloured lines of varying thickness over a dark red base is pretty unpleasant to me.

post #56292 of 75930
Gonna be a GREAT New York morning!vy3y9yvu.jpg
ery5u2ep.jpg

Lubiam no shoulder cotton blue jacket
Al Bazar shirt
Denim
Varvatos suede shoes
post #56293 of 75930
X-post the Friday Challenge.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
PS - no name brand
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Hat - Christy's via Thomas Farthing, London


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








post #56294 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post


My apologies in advance for any offence but this is really really bad, some of the worst I've seen in this thread.

 

I think you've been most constructive and reasonable. My first thought was entirely unprintable!

post #56295 of 75930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My apologies in advance for any offence but this is really really bad, some of the worst I've seen in this thread.

Edit: in the interests of being constructive, I'll give an honest critique beyond saying its bad.

Positives - the coat looks like it fits you reasonably well.

Negatives -
Your lost in a see of beige tones, not good.
That jumper, completely not right for wearing with a tie, actually completely not right for wearing with anything.
Shirt - darker than the tie, not a good look. Not really a shirt to wear a tie with period.
Trousers - are they cords? They need throwing out, they are all out of shape and bagging at the front, presumably from being worn out.

As far as improving the fit, keep the jacket and PS (dont wear them together though) and toss the rest.
+
I agree with Henry and Syeknom on this one.

I - sorry - hate the tie, it looks like something people would make you wear on a wedding. It's kitsch and shouldn't be worn.
I dislike shirts like that, especially in that colour.
The jumper could maybe work in a casual fit, but here it doesn't. Never combine it with that shirt again, please!
The jacket seems to fit but I don't like how the lapels are standing off like the ears of a bat. The PS just melts in.

Syeknom, enjoy the few sunny and hot days in Belgium wink.gif I'd still lose the tie though. If your office is okay with you strolling around with your sleeves rolled up, they'll be fine with an open collar.

I feel horrible in saying this, crusty, because I always love your fits, but I actually dislike that PS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III