or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3729  

post #55921 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

That's about as CBD as it gets. Interview in the city?

Well, not THE city. New position in the organization where I already work, so low pressure in some ways. It went pretty well!
post #55922 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post

 

 

 

 

I agree with that your outfit looks pretty good and fits you well OTR unaltered. The SC is as you say, a little short, but one doesn't get to have much say in the matter these days WRT current fashion dictates. Well fitting spread shirt collar, nice tie and knot, slightly curved SC lapels - reminds me of Tom Ford's quirks. The only thing missing is a sliver of white PS showing which I think finishes it off nicely. Let me know what you think?

 

post #55923 of 78717
Today's suit, according to the dry cleaner's tags on it, I've not worn since March 2012. I thought that it was high time that I did, though the suit is a bit loose for my current shape and size. Today's tie is new, a bit of end-of-sale madness from Bergdorf's.

Suit & shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - C & J Edgwares


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










post #55924 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxaca View Post

But the dozens of comments about people's hair are totally fine, right?

Don't be ridiculous, man. Just because you've got 150,000 posts on this forum doesn't mean you set the rules. If I get a PM from a moderator I'll respect their judgment.

sometimes people just need to be told when theyre acting like a cunt. this is one of those times.
post #55925 of 78717
First time wearing this suit. It's the least expensive suit I own by a wide margin. Came across it while web surfing for a peak lapel suit. It's an Austin Reed "Signature". It was super cheap and had some of the styling cues I was looking for (ticket pocket, peak lapel, dual vents, flat front trou). I was pleasantly surprised by the softness/weight of the material. The construction is nothing special at all. It's a decent serviceable suit.

Thought I'd try it with my vintage Robert Talbot "Carmel" black silk knit tie. Getting a decent knot with thing isn't easy but I gave it my best shot. Oddly enough, the back of the tie is a wide as the front. That really doesn't help when trying to tie the darn thing. Oh well, hope I did okay.

Suit: Austin Reed "Signature"
Shirt: Hugo Boss
Tie: Robert Talbot
Shoes: Santoni

post #55926 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxaca View Post

OK OK, I've been told. I apologise to Butler and to anyone else who may have been offended by my comments, however well-intentioned those comments may have been. I was a naughty boy and I promise I won't do it again.

Sa'll good now. smile.gif

---

Timo - looks fantastic!
post #55927 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxaca View Post

 

 

 

 

OK OK, I've been told. I apologise to Butler and to anyone else who may have been offended by my comments, however well-intentioned those comments may have been. I was a naughty boy and I promise I won't do it again.

Perfect. Welcome to SF and enjoy your stay. :-)

post #55928 of 78717

Bit different/bit of an experiment today:

 

SsxEaxx.jpg

post #55929 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

They add sophistication. I have a perverse desire to be middle aged.

 I bet you won't say that when you get there. biggrin.gif

 

 Butler's one of the coolest guys on here but I'm starting to notice some of the signs of aging on myself. I'm not looking foward to what's coming...

 I can see where he might not appreciate comments like that uhoh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 


Polo Ralph Lauren bleeding madras
Barba
Talbott linen square
Creed Virgin Island Water
J. Crew
Gaziano & Girling
F430

 Very cool! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 I hope I find something like that to wear out on the town (jacket).

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Test driving another tie sample of my wife's little project.
Full shots tonight.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 I don't think I've seen you in that suit. More pics please. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post

Linen jacket

Cotton pants

 

I have not taken the jacket to the tailor yet.  I think it fits very nice off the rack, I will probably just have the sleeves shortened.  And like most of my other jackets I wish it was and inch or two longer.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Closeup

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 Yeah, it seems to fit pretty good but it is a bit short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Today's suit, according to the dry cleaner's tags on it, I've not worn since March 2012. I thought that it was high time that I did, though the suit is a bit loose for my current shape and size. Today's tie is new, a bit of end-of-sale madness from Bergdorf's.

Suit & shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - C & J Edgwares

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 Awesome and dapper as usual, Crusty! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #55930 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post

Linen jacket

Cotton pants

 

I have not taken the jacket to the tailor yet.  I think it fits very nice off the rack, I will probably just have the sleeves shortened.  And like most of my other jackets I wish it was and inch or two longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where did you get that jacket? looks good

post #55931 of 78717
post #55932 of 78717

New Oxxford clothes suit. 

 

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #55933 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

New Oxxford clothes suit. 


your shirt collars could all use longer collar points, so they can hide under the lapel.
Also, I would remove the belt loops when the suit is worn with braces.
post #55934 of 78717

@Don: The suit is very nice! 

post #55935 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post


your shirt collars could all use longer collar points, so they can hide under the lapel.
Also, I would remove the belt loops when the suit is worn with braces.

I get the suit today from the tailor. Before I remove the loops I want to wear the suit once to see the fit with braces.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III