Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3716post #55727 of 787177/27/13 at 5:58ampost #55728 of 787177/27/13 at 6:06ampost #55729 of 787177/27/13 at 6:49ampost #55730 of 787177/27/13 at 7:07ampost #55731 of 787177/27/13 at 7:19amThanks for all the comments, folks. Point taken on the watch. Time to repair the Seiko. Was surprised about the unanimous preference for socks, but noted.
HF, the tie and PS are black. The stripe on the suit is also black. They also offered it in the same fabric with a light blue stripe.post #55732 of 787177/27/13 at 8:39ampost #55733 of 787177/27/13 at 8:52ampost #55734 of 787177/27/13 at 9:26am
I wore this on Thursday, when the weather and circumstances lined up to make dressing like this an option. Like any good SF-er (dare I say iGent?), I'm sufficiently anti-point collar to avoid them, but now I guess I'm taking a more violent approach: stabbing them.
Feedback is, of course, very welcome. I'm looking to improve.post #55735 of 787177/27/13 at 9:54am
IMO There is nothing to improve on this outfit YRR..
I mean someone could say that they prefer a different PS or tie, but that would just be personal preference.
So you can take this as a compliment from me. I like your stabbed collar a lot..
Oh and my personal preference would be for a white TV fold PS (it is a white shirt)post #55736 of 787177/27/13 at 9:56amWow, that collar pin is glaringly inelegant! Please find something far more subtle to compliment your business attire. The knot of your tie could stand just a tad more work as well but perhaps you prefer it this way. Nice colors all around though.
I probably would have chosen a plain white ps as well.post #55737 of 787177/27/13 at 10:08am
Wearing lots of new things today! Loving the unlined, untipped Drakes grenadine, and the navy J. Fitzpatrick monks are amazing! Very supple leather, and the color is amazing. Moreover, the construction seems to be of a very high quality, and the shoes are extremely comfortable. Also wearing my first Brooks Brothers shirt, pleasantly surprised by the slim-fitting nature of the shirt, was expecting a more American cut.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55738 of 787177/27/13 at 10:10am
Shepherd's check is one of my favorite ties. Very 1930s elegant. The color of the shirt is a nice touch too -- reminds me of how the Duke of Windsor wore in a famous photo a dress shirt with the lightest touch of grey in it to coordinate with a silver/grey tie. The effect is quite subtle and unexpected , compared to the more common and higher contrast white shirt (I love white shirts too, but this is a great combination).post #55739 of 787177/27/13 at 10:11ampost #55740 of 787177/27/13 at 10:20am
Thanks very much, Johnboy.Quote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Wow, that collar pin is glaringly inelegant! Please find something far more subtle to compliment your business attire. The knot of your tie could stand just a tad more work as well but perhaps you prefer it this way. Nice colors all around though.
I probably would have chosen a plain white ps as well.
Well, it's a blanket pin, not really a collar pin. It was kind of a jury-rig, since I realized I didn't like this collar on its own after I'd put it on. This was an experiment. A better pin is now on the list. The tie knot passed muster in the mirror, but it does look a little sloppy in the picture.
As for the white squares, I wasn't feeling one with the white shirt. If this were actual business attire, I might have gone for white (off-white silk), but I was going to a show in the city.
Monkeyface, I like everything, but I think the club collar would be more at home with a single breasted suit -- though I like club collars and DB suits, so I may end up giving them a shot together one day.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway