It might not be CBD, but I felt like wearing a bold tie for a change. It's slightly darker in real life though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3702
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55517 of 787217/24/13 at 12:09pmpost #55518 of 787217/24/13 at 12:31pmpost #55519 of 787217/24/13 at 12:33pmpost #55520 of 787217/24/13 at 12:40pmpost #55521 of 787217/24/13 at 12:44pmpost #55522 of 787217/24/13 at 12:51pm
Yeah, me too. The furthest I can deviate from CBD atm is by wearing bold ties from time to time, and brown shoes on casual Friday. My wardrobe is seriously lacking conservative items though. But then again, you can only have so many navy suits and blue ties before they'll all start looking like each other anyways. I wouldn't mind having a slightly lighter than navy suit and a couple of extra EG Cappelli ties though.post #55523 of 787217/24/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
Wow, really? I could not tell that from the pics. I don't doubt you for a second, it just doesn't look that way. Width aside, I still think there is another fit of yours that will make better use of that tie.post #55524 of 787217/24/13 at 12:53pmpost #55525 of 787217/24/13 at 12:57pmpost #55526 of 787217/24/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
Yeah, the iphone camera isn't exactly the best, so it can distort a lot. The maroon tie would've worked better with a navy suit and light blue shirt, but I've grown tired of that particular combination. The black paisley matches the black check on the shirt and the black shoes/belt, and wearing maroon with dark grey isn't exactly out of ordinary either.
It ain't easy wearing brown amidst a sea of black. I'm also wearing one of the few wool/linen suits around, which makes me stand out even more. The English have a peculiar propensity to dress the same throughout the year, no matter the weather. I have no idea how they manage to wear heavy navy suits in this kind of hot and humid weather.post #55527 of 787217/24/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
LOL, no need for an opthamologist at this point. I've already been condemned to wearing "readers". In spite of my compromised vision, I can still see that you have an enviable assortment of suits/shirts/ties/cufflinks/shoes, etc. and more than enough style to coordinate them quite well.
However, you still have too much hair to gain entry into the club. I'll check back again when you've reached say, 15 or 16.
If we're speaking of maturity in non-chronological years, I may never make it to 15 or 16. As for the lunatic fringe (of hair, at least), my cranium is too large to be totally denuded of follicles - a big white balloon skull would be too blinding in full sunlight to the denizens of NYC.post #55528 of 787217/24/13 at 1:22pmpost #55529 of 787217/24/13 at 1:24pmpost #55530 of 787217/24/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ergudmun
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brown linen, my favorite summer color.
Suitsupply Soho linen suit, Drakes tie and Berg and Berg ps.
I've been debating whether to get that particular suit for ages. I think you just convinced me.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Ambrosi Napoli 1 minute ago
- › GUIDI 792Z (Size 44-45) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 13 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...