or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3695  

post #55411 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Wow... I wear a US11-11.5 and my UK10.5 Carmina Inca Double Monks, exact same as yours, are a half size too big for my taste. Either way, congrats on finding them in your size.

thanks, man. nailing down my size in different makers was such a chore. its a big factor in why i stick with the 2 or 3 makers that i know what size and what last feels right for me. i think id need to do in person try ons with other makers before i would consider branching out. the need is no longer as pressing as it once felt.
post #55412 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


thanks, man. nailing down my size in different makers was such a chore. its a big factor in why i stick with the 2 or 3 makers that i know what size and what last feels right for me. i think id need to do in person try ons with other makers before i would consider branching out. the need is no longer as pressing as it once felt.

I know how you feel. And it's not just the sizing, it's the leathers. I have 10UK Uetams in Suede that fit semi-snug and 10.5 Uetams in Suede that fit semi-loose. I ordered some Uetams in shell, 10UK and am scared shitless they won't fit due to the stiffness of shell vs the forgiving Suede. I've been extremely lucky so far. The only shoes that don't fit the way I'd really like are the 10.5UK Inca lasts. But I'll deal. 

 

I'm extremely lucky my EG's fit like a glove, and so do my Simpsons. Winning on the first try (or only try depending on the situation) is always fantastic.

post #55413 of 78722
Looking good, Stitchy.
post #55414 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

gentlemen
yesterday and tooday, the treacherous, windswept crag conquered by hillary and norgay feels less like everest and more like my throat. 

Do you need someone to bring you some chicken soup? Sorry that you're under the weather.
post #55415 of 78722

Wedding of a StyFo lurker (he's got maybe 10 posts?). The best man was someone the groom met on the Korean style forum.

 

 

Also, if there was an award for greatest disparity between clothing and picture background, I'd have to win it, right?

post #55416 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Looking good, Stitchy.

thanks, mang. i had your advice in mind when i made the pairing. fistbump.gif
--

jester - i hope the new shoes work out.
post #55417 of 78722

Wow, I notice that no one here actually wears his suit "traditionally." By that I mean a plain solid suit with white shirt and a tie. Everyone is like a freaking trendy. I wish I can go to work dressed like you guys but it's white shirt/blue shirt and "conservative" suits for everyone here in the Capitol 

post #55418 of 78722
Haven't you seen my CBD outfits of the past 3 weeks?
post #55419 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Do you need someone to bring you some chicken soup? Sorry that you're under the weather.

 

thanks crusty - seamless has me covered.

post #55420 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Wow, I notice that no one here actually wears his suit "traditionally." By that I mean a plain solid suit with white shirt and a tie. Everyone is like a freaking trendy. I wish I can go to work dressed like you guys but it's white shirt/blue shirt and "conservative" suits for everyone here in the Capitol 

well, profession certainly plays a big factor, and for most people here (i think), unless you are going to a wedding or a formal event, a solid navy suit and white shirt with a plain tie, would be glaringly too formal for the surroundings.

also, the group think of SF really is against white shirts, outside of the most formal of fits. i dont exactly love that thought, but it is what prevails here, for better or for worse.
post #55421 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


well, profession certainly plays a big factor, and for most people here (i think), unless you are going to a wedding or a formal event, a solid navy suit and white shirt with a plain tie, would be glaringly too formal for the surroundings.

also, the group think of SF really is against white shirts, outside of the most formal of fits. i dont exactly love that thought, but it is what prevails here, for better or for worse.

Well, the company policy is suit and tie only. I wish I can go GQ

post #55422 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Well, the company policy is suit and tie only. I wish I can go GQ

That's too bad, because many Reps and Senators dress like shit.

Funny, 'cause GQ is generally frowned upon by many SF members.
post #55423 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


That's too bad, because many Reps and Senators dress like shit.

Funny, 'cause GQ is generally frowned upon by many SF members.

 

the thin [red]/[blue] line.

post #55424 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Well, the company policy is suit and tie only. I wish I can go GQ

there is lots do with suit and tie that can be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

That's too bad, because many Reps and Senators dress like shit.
Funny, 'cause GQ is generally frowned upon by many SF members.

lol because its true on both.

no h8, rudals.
post #55425 of 78722

Posted this exact same fit a while back in MC Casual, just so happened that I wore the same thing today!

The detail shots are of much higher quality than the full fit.
 

 

I think these jeans could be shortened a touch. Thoughts?
 

Dem Details! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III