Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3688post #55306 of 787237/21/13 at 10:58pmreally 6'9 with broad chest and shoulders and a smaller waist for my size. Its nit easy finding stuff but its not impossible..I just understand there are certain brands I stay away from because there is no chance in hell of it fitting me. I hardly walk into a 'tall guy' store. They usually git really baggy and really long. I have gone the m2m route a few times with good success. But I don't really buy a lot any more. My last suit purchase was last spring. So I'm thinking I should be looking at a suit at the beginning of next year which will prob be a m2m...
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55307 of 787237/21/13 at 11:00pmpost #55308 of 787237/22/13 at 12:01amQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
really 6'9 with broad chest and shoulders and a smaller waist for my size. Its nit easy finding stuff but its not impossible..I just understand there are certain brands I stay away from because there is no chance in hell of it fitting me. I hardly walk into a 'tall guy' store. They usually git really baggy and really long. I have gone the m2m route a few times with good success. But I don't really buy a lot any more. My last suit purchase was last spring. So I'm thinking I should be looking at a suit at the beginning of next year which will prob be a m2m...
Really liked the fit of your suit! As for ties, I can recommend E.G. Cappelli, they're amazing. You can choose the width and length for all their ties, except for the knit ties, unfortunately. I would also go for a 2" cuff, but as others have said before it's just a matter of personal preference.
And a belated happy birthday as well :)post #55309 of 787237/22/13 at 2:40amQuote:
This is not so much about tailoring and clothing as it is about having great pecs.
Which you clearly have. So, in the immortal words of Max Bialystock: "If you got it....FLAUNT it baby, FLAUNT it!!!"post #55310 of 787237/22/13 at 3:01ampost #55311 of 787237/22/13 at 3:19am
Thanks it's probably a little darker and not quite so FU in real life, but still an amazing coat and one of those rare ones that fit straight out of the box with zero alterations.post #55312 of 787237/22/13 at 3:20ampost #55313 of 787237/22/13 at 4:21ampost #55314 of 787237/22/13 at 4:22amTemperatures are alleged to be returning to seasonal norms, and I am tired of "business casual".
Suit & braces - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - JAB (I think - have had them for decades, can't entirely remember)
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55315 of 787237/22/13 at 5:04ampost #55316 of 787237/22/13 at 5:12ampost #55317 of 787237/22/13 at 5:57ampost #55318 of 787237/22/13 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really liked this coat a lot. At first, the colors felt a little autumn to me, but on reflection, I think it works. Nice.
Great shirt and tie.Quote:Originally Posted by Sander
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Sander
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't visit here much anymore at all, but you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. Both of these fits are stellar IMO.post #55319 of 787237/22/13 at 6:17ampost #55320 of 787237/22/13 at 6:26amQuote:
Just doooo it, doooood. I bought today's pair of braces when I bought today's suit (a couple of years ago), and this pair, in light blue, and a pair I have in navy blue, are the most versatile pairs of braces I own. You don't want your trousers falling down, now, do you?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Inverallan 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Navy suit in 40L (Savile Row fit) 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 7 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)