Next time maybe try to take out some of the pictures when you do that, mp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3685post #55261 of 787197/21/13 at 2:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55262 of 787197/21/13 at 5:18ampost #55263 of 787197/21/13 at 5:20ampost #55264 of 787197/21/13 at 6:11ampost #55265 of 787197/21/13 at 6:14ampost #55266 of 787197/21/13 at 6:15ampost #55267 of 787197/21/13 at 7:11ampost #55268 of 787197/21/13 at 8:32am
I've been experimenting today. I'm wearing a shirt I haven't worn in ages, because I despise the collar. So, I used a tiny safety pin and made a tab collar out of it. In combination with the brown rope-stripe suit the improvised collar gives the whole outfit an air of a 1930's gangster, but with a modern cut. I know that's usually a look that SF tries to avoid, but I'm having great fun wearing it!Museum Calf (Click to show)post #55269 of 787197/21/13 at 8:44ampost #55270 of 787197/21/13 at 8:50amQuote:
No need to be sorry, it's not for everyone I'd really like to get some more actual tab collar shirts, but they're so hard to find. On a side note, I was highly surprised that my company's CEO was wearing one when he was giving a speech, in what arguably is the most conservative sector in the most conservative city.post #55271 of 787197/21/13 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
No need to be sorry, it's not for everyone I'd really like to get some more actual tab collar shirts, but they're so hard to find. On a side note, I was highly surprised that my company's CEO was wearing one when he was giving a speech, in what arguably is the most conservative sector in the most conservative city.
I dig it, quite a but.
Get a tab collar made for you. I like Luxire.. send them a shirt to duplicate and say to give it a tabbed collar. :-)post #55272 of 787197/21/13 at 9:16amQuote:
Cheers, that's actually not a bad idea! Luxire has done a great job on all the other custom collars so far, especially the NOBD one, so I might just give it a try.post #55273 of 787197/21/13 at 9:20ampost #55274 of 787197/21/13 at 9:21ampost #55275 of 787197/21/13 at 11:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 22 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?