or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3675  

post #55111 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post

What shoes are those? They look like a mix between boat shoes and penny loafers and driving moccasins. They look very comfortable.

 

I'm pretty sure they're Allen Edmonds Kenwood. I have a pair and they are very comfortable :)

post #55112 of 78724

Giving seersucker a rest so I can try it with the dark blue pants tomorrow.

 

 

post #55113 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

 

Clearly. I am just surprised that some people actually think it looks good.

 

Like I said, I don't think there's a single element that I like.  But somehow I just enjoyed the whole shameless FU-ness of the effort.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

G&H Worsted Tweed  

 

What a splendid jacket.  Great stuff!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Giving seersucker a rest so I can try it with the dark blue pants tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

Lovely combo: even the orange looks good.

post #55114 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

The weather persists in being hot, and Cinderella, having come home from yesterday's ball at the Frick with both slippers, but damp from sweat, as opted for a more casual look today.

Shirt, trousers, shoes - all BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





One of the merry band of posters here criticized me for wearing my hat with the brim down all the way around - Quentin Crisp was invoked in comparison. In addition having far greater personal hygiene than Quentin (I met the man once, many years ago), I don't really see the equivalence. As an experiment, I snapped the back of the brim up, and took a photo - one can compare it with the candids taken last night at the museum. There's virtually no difference to my eye, but others may differ on this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



A couple of photos from last night's event - forgive the cell phone quality. The event had at least four professional photographers at it - the woman in the background in the outdoor picture (the sliver of an arm cradling a large camera) has been at this event the last four years, and seems to be the official photographer for the museum. She took a few photos of my partner and myself, outside - we'll see if they end up ever being published.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











Crusty is as dapper as Healey Willan who was considered to be the "dean" of Canadian composers. Willan once described himself as "English by birth; Canadian by adoption; Irish by extraction; Scotch by absorption."
post #55115 of 78724

Braving some sweltering heat in my most lightweight suit - wish me luck.

 

 

post #55116 of 78724
Seems like most places are experiencing heat waves at this time. Alas, that is not the case here so more "cold weather" summer-wear is required. Unfortunately my wardrobe is significantly lacking such "transition" pieces, so I will again be wearing my favourite summer jacket that has already been featured quite heavily here this year. However, this time, to spice it up a little, I am fashionably wearing it one pocket flap in and one out biggrin.gif.

AppleMark

Details etc: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Edited by Pingson - 7/18/13 at 6:14am
post #55117 of 78724
A haiku for Mimo:

Too hot it is for
wool socks in this heat today
deal with it, sucka

post #55118 of 78724

Those shoes are wonderful

post #55119 of 78724
Thank you. They are new, I am enjoying them very much.
post #55120 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

Crusty is as dapper as Healey Willan who was considered to be the "dean" of Canadian composers. Willan once described himself as "English by birth; Canadian by adoption; Irish by extraction; Scotch by absorption."

Thank you, CP, but in today's heat, my posting is over in the MC Casual section, and I fear that I cannot match Mr. Willan's cleverness in describing his birth, background, and choice of libation.
post #55121 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

A couple of photos from last night's event - forgive the cell phone quality. The event had at least four professional photographers at it - the woman in the background in the outdoor picture (the sliver of an arm cradling a large camera) has been at this event the last four years, and seems to be the official photographer for the museum. She took a few photos of my partner and myself, outside - we'll see if they end up ever being published.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Crusty, if this guy gets published and you don't, what little faith in humanity I was clinging to shall evaporate.

 

Incidentally, I just realized we either work or live very near one another - I'm not sure which.

post #55122 of 78724
Upper, I'm sorry I couldn't be there at the Garden Party. Next year for sure. Then again, in this heat, it might not have been the optimal time anywho.
post #55123 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

Crusty, if this guy gets published and you don't, what little faith in humanity I was clinging to shall evaporate.

Incidentally, I just realized we either work or live very near one another - I'm not sure which.

I sincerely doubt that the gentleman in question was of much interest to Bill Cunningham (the gentleman in question has attended the last four iterations of Tuesday night's party, and I've not seen his photo published anywhere), and I may have hallucinated, but I do think that Bill did take my picture, though that is hardly a guarantee that I will make the style section of the Sunday Times. That honor is usually reserved for those with much larger checkbooks than mine own.

As for our proximity, I will PM you, but yes, I do believe we both inhabit that open-air sanatorium commonly known as Manhattan.
Edited by upr_crust - 7/18/13 at 6:55am
post #55124 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


I sincerely doubt that the gentleman in question was of much interest to Bill Cunningham, and I may have hallucinated, but I do think that Bill did take my picture, though that is hardly a guarantee that I will make the style section of the Sunday Times. That honor is usually reserved for those with much larger checkbooks than mine own.

 

I'm 99.9% sure he wasn't...but you know, just in case...

post #55125 of 78724
Diaz, roger, pingson, excellent.

Pliny, Love that sportcoat but I don't think that it's really working with the tie. I think that sportcoat calls for a more subdued tie with some texture to it. I'm also not sure the colors are working together either. Just my opinion. Sorry. : (
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III