Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3673post #55081 of 787227/17/13 at 1:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55082 of 787227/17/13 at 1:49pmpost #55083 of 787227/17/13 at 1:51pm
I'm sorry, Liverano or not (the suit is obviously well made), this really hurts my eyes. There's just too much going on, IMO, and the tie and shirt are way too loud with the muted suit colours. Since that suit is such masterpiece, I'd have chosen to let that take centre stage and toned down the shirt and accessories...post #55084 of 787227/17/13 at 1:54pmpost #55085 of 787227/17/13 at 1:56pm
Er....yeah...I picked out the ones that struck me especially, i.e. the highlights, but basically every post was good the last couple of days i.e. no "lowlights" at all. No rage necessary, brosephson!
On which point: T, you got your wardrobe back I see! Fierce. :)post #55086 of 787227/17/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
cuz spoo told me about it when he got it and i wanted it badly, but it went to RD because he had teh coinage.
also, gary larson is the man.Quote:
all rage has been removed.post #55087 of 787227/17/13 at 2:17pmpost #55088 of 787227/17/13 at 3:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
I'm sorry, Liverano or not (the suit is obviously well made), this really hurts my eyes. There's just too much going on, IMO, and the tie and shirt are way too loud with the muted suit colours. Since that suit is such masterpiece, I'd have chosen to let that take centre stage and toned down the shirt and accessories...
LOL - I don't usually go all out with this suit, but I had a bit of a bet to fulfill today. I'll tone it down for you next time, Eliod.post #55089 of 787227/17/13 at 3:41pmOriginally Posted by in stitches
had these hemmed since last time. more of an MC casual fit, but since i last wore them with a SC and posted here, and got a lot of solid feedback about the hems, i thought id update ya'll.
i think most would say they are still too long, but i think i like them this way. not sure. also might just need to hike them up a little. or it might be the way i am leaning toward my right. whatevz. certainly better than the weaksauce cuff roll from last time i would think.
Green shirts are a pain; I should know, I've owned several over the years as I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes. Having said that, beige trousers are a good choice for them. I think I'd like that shirt more if the stripes were much wider, or if it was a gingham.
Re: the trousers Leaving length aside, I'm not a huge fan of cuffing summer trousers; somehow I don't like how linens, cottons, etc look when turned up. I think turn ups look nicest on "fluffy" fabrics like flannel. I appreciate that this pretty idiosyncratic, but there it is. I also think a (slightly) higher rise might flatter you more, but again, that's a personal preference and IIRC you've mentioned before that you don't like higher rises.Originally Posted by RedDevil10
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very entertaining. It brings something of a neon sci-fi future into a tailored look, like how a background character in Blade Runner would dress in today's clothes, if you know what I mean. As long the aim was to generate a smile, a gentle shake of the head, a conversational ice-breaker, or merely to distract someone from focusing too much on other things, you succeeded. I like that kind of effect.post #55090 of 787227/17/13 at 4:01pmpost #55091 of 787227/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #55092 of 787227/17/13 at 4:15pmpost #55093 of 787227/17/13 at 4:16pmpost #55094 of 787227/17/13 at 4:42pmQuote:
Really? You think that looks good? I have to say I am surprised that this looks received any likes at all, guys, rather than some serious advice about how to avoid such a hideous mixture of clashing colours. In my view, the suit might work with a completely different shirt, something much lighter in hue, and an entirely different tie and square. But I am not even sure about that - although I'd have to see it IRL to know.
(PS: just read it was for a bet, I guess that makes it different...)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Bourbon. 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 6 minutes ago
- › orSlow - indigo one wash John’s Denim Jacket - NWT - Size 3 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...