Closer (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3669post #55021 of 787227/16/13 at 12:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55022 of 787227/16/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
Thanks. In (funny) fact, actually everything is linen except the shirt due not having any proper linen shirt - something i have to change in the nearer future ;)post #55023 of 787227/16/13 at 1:04pm
I am a brand new member and am just now updating my style and this is the look I like the best. Are those brown suede? And does brown suede go best with jeans? I was told blue suede goes best (if the tones of blue aren't too close). Also, would you suggest wearing this brown sports coat or a blue blazer? Or is it a matter of formality?
post #55024 of 787227/16/13 at 1:06pmpost #55025 of 787227/16/13 at 1:37pmpost #55026 of 787227/16/13 at 1:57pmpost #55027 of 787227/16/13 at 2:34pmI like Panama hats but the two posted today with the brims turned down all the way round look either like an upturned bucket or a summertime version of Quentin Crisp. If you flip the brims up either part way or all the way round and set a bit of a jaunty angle they will look much better IMO. Remember what ol' blue eyes said. 'Cock your hat - angles are attitude!'post #55028 of 787227/16/13 at 3:56pmpost #55029 of 787227/16/13 at 4:11pmpost #55030 of 787227/16/13 at 6:10pmEvening everyone. GREAT looks on this page, especially Henry Carter, SB, Donuts, and my main Wolverine CP. Wish this tie was a shade or two lighter brown but I thought it would do. Have a good rest of the week everyone, only dress up day for me this week!
Shirt herringbone weave, pants are dove grey hopsack.post #55031 of 787227/16/13 at 7:23pmpost #55032 of 787227/16/13 at 7:37pmlotsa good fits. pingson, shibumi dudes, crusty, CD, SB, HC. sorry if i forgot anyone.
also, i picked a helluva day to be absent lol.Quote:Quote:
i think this timeless line from TBL is really the best way to address this.
yes, there is some truth to what you said. but being that you managed to phrase it in such an OTT harsh and heartless way, its no surprise that it was of no use to doyle or anyone else here. 3-5 years ago, when snark ruled the forum, maybe.
this might be another way to try and help out doyle.
1. that jacket truly is no bueno, i dont see how it can really ever work, certainly it will never be approved here. impressed tho that the sleeve length is correct.
2. it would seem the same goes for the shoes, as they appear to be square toe. hard to say.
3. the pants seem fine but could use a little bit of shortening at the hem as it appears to be pooling in a sloppy-ish fashion.
4. shirt is not great but not fire worthy imo, better as a casual shirt with chinos i think.
5. tie appears to a be purple grenadine. though some here hate purple, i think the tie is A-ok. i just it out of place with the strange jacket and very casual shirt.
6. your stance is KILLING you. your shoulders are thrown back and your midsection thrown forward, and is seemingly testing the elasticity of the jacket. that is the exact opposite of how you want to stand. stand straight, or even put your shoulders forward a little and let them take the attention.
that is how i would have said it, but thats just me.
idk, really not sold on that.post #55033 of 787227/16/13 at 9:05pmSorry, a reference to the movie, Predator, starring Arnold Schwartzenegger. The predator villain has a stealth field that kind of shimmers and goes all stripey when he is about to disappear.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.post #55034 of 787227/16/13 at 11:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice, great tie! Your glasses are looking good too, where from?
Thanks! The glasses are ancient Alain Mikli, my backup pair. I scratched the lens on my main pair a couple of weeks ago.post #55035 of 787227/17/13 at 3:15am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fitness Vs Health - Both Are Important But Are They The Same 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 3 minutes ago
- › Filling Pieces Low Top Off White sz 37 Brand new in box 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...