Thanks. In (funny) fact, actually everything is linen except the shirt due not having any proper linen shirt - something i have to change in the nearer future ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Last edited: 9/1/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3669post #55021 of 787217/16/13 at 12:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55022 of 787217/16/13 at 1:04pm
I am a brand new member and am just now updating my style and this is the look I like the best. Are those brown suede? And does brown suede go best with jeans? I was told blue suede goes best (if the tones of blue aren't too close). Also, would you suggest wearing this brown sports coat or a blue blazer? Or is it a matter of formality?
post #55023 of 787217/16/13 at 1:06pmpost #55024 of 787217/16/13 at 1:37pmpost #55025 of 787217/16/13 at 1:57pmpost #55026 of 787217/16/13 at 2:34pmI like Panama hats but the two posted today with the brims turned down all the way round look either like an upturned bucket or a summertime version of Quentin Crisp. If you flip the brims up either part way or all the way round and set a bit of a jaunty angle they will look much better IMO. Remember what ol' blue eyes said. 'Cock your hat - angles are attitude!'post #55027 of 787217/16/13 at 3:56pmpost #55028 of 787217/16/13 at 4:11pmpost #55029 of 787217/16/13 at 6:10pmEvening everyone. GREAT looks on this page, especially Henry Carter, SB, Donuts, and my main Wolverine CP. Wish this tie was a shade or two lighter brown but I thought it would do. Have a good rest of the week everyone, only dress up day for me this week!
Shirt herringbone weave, pants are dove grey hopsack.post #55030 of 787217/16/13 at 7:23pmpost #55031 of 787217/16/13 at 7:37pmlotsa good fits. pingson, shibumi dudes, crusty, CD, SB, HC. sorry if i forgot anyone.
also, i picked a helluva day to be absent lol.Quote:Quote:
i think this timeless line from TBL is really the best way to address this.
yes, there is some truth to what you said. but being that you managed to phrase it in such an OTT harsh and heartless way, its no surprise that it was of no use to doyle or anyone else here. 3-5 years ago, when snark ruled the forum, maybe.
this might be another way to try and help out doyle.
1. that jacket truly is no bueno, i dont see how it can really ever work, certainly it will never be approved here. impressed tho that the sleeve length is correct.
2. it would seem the same goes for the shoes, as they appear to be square toe. hard to say.
3. the pants seem fine but could use a little bit of shortening at the hem as it appears to be pooling in a sloppy-ish fashion.
4. shirt is not great but not fire worthy imo, better as a casual shirt with chinos i think.
5. tie appears to a be purple grenadine. though some here hate purple, i think the tie is A-ok. i just it out of place with the strange jacket and very casual shirt.
6. your stance is KILLING you. your shoulders are thrown back and your midsection thrown forward, and is seemingly testing the elasticity of the jacket. that is the exact opposite of how you want to stand. stand straight, or even put your shoulders forward a little and let them take the attention.
that is how i would have said it, but thats just me.
idk, really not sold on that.post #55032 of 787217/16/13 at 9:05pmSorry, a reference to the movie, Predator, starring Arnold Schwartzenegger. The predator villain has a stealth field that kind of shimmers and goes all stripey when he is about to disappear.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.post #55033 of 787217/16/13 at 11:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice, great tie! Your glasses are looking good too, where from?
Thanks! The glasses are ancient Alain Mikli, my backup pair. I scratched the lens on my main pair a couple of weeks ago.post #55034 of 787217/17/13 at 3:15ampost #55035 of 787217/17/13 at 3:54am
man I like that patch pocket linen awsmness
special mention to Clarinet, HC, M-face, Crusty, Citan and Donuts for great fits, and to SB for bringing Xmas to July
and thx for likes waaay back, Stitches for your comment especially
cashmere POW SC again,
snap boysdontcry on the wide space repp tie
white linen square
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Motorcycles 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...