Thanks. They're not from anywhere special. This one's from a random market stall; the more battered, slightly yellower one is from Marks & Spencers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3668
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55007 of 787217/16/13 at 9:23ampost #55008 of 787217/16/13 at 9:25ampost #55009 of 787217/16/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.post #55010 of 787217/16/13 at 10:21amRDiaz, Simon Crompton just authored an article about panamas at the Financial Times' How to Spend It website that you might be interested in: http://howtospendit.ft.com/mens-fashion/31923-how-to-buy-a-panama
Good timing.post #55011 of 787217/16/13 at 10:31ampost #55012 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34ampost #55013 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.
FWIW, the panama which I'm wearing today was bought in London this May for 79 GBP - brand name Christy's, bought at a shop called Thomas Farthing, in Museum St. between Great Russell St. and Oxford, (i.e. just south of the British Museum).post #55014 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34am
This looks great, and frankly, no one can tell a suit jack is orphaned unless it is made from a ultrafine wool with some sheen, imo. What you have on is casual so it works perfectly. Im actually thinking about purchasing a suit (linen/wool blend) in the same tone, but with a navy overcheck to wear as an odd jacket.
Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Alright, yesterday's fit involved a poor choice in tie (thanks JB, HF). I wasn't sure; something felt off, but I figured it was because I was wearing an orphaned suit jacket. I wanted if it could see if it was workable since it had a broad pattern and patch pockets.
Anyway, today:post #55015 of 787217/16/13 at 10:35ampost #55016 of 787217/16/13 at 10:40am
@CLAG - what are you doing with that cash?! You're in the NPC!Quote:Originally Posted by zeBanker
Linen almost everywhereWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks great. I'm not brave enough to wear linen everything. I'd sweat like crazy and it'd just stick to the fabric, making me look like a slinky. One or two linen items works.post #55017 of 787217/16/13 at 10:52ampost #55018 of 787217/16/13 at 11:18amNice suit (and hat)
But in the first couple of pictures, the camera made it look like you're a predator about to go into stealth mode.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
It will be hot (though happily not humid) today in NYC, and I find myself needing to be in a suit (albeit seersucker), for the annual Garden Party at the Frick Collection, a fund raiser which people attend to see and to be seen, and, with luck, photographed by Bill Cunningham of the New York Times. (However I am dressed, there is no danger that I will make the Style section of the Sunday NY Times - only recognized members of society, or patrons of the Frick much higher on the food chain than myself show up there.)
But, as a dress extra in this evening's comedy, I guess I'll pass.
Suit & tie - BB
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - C & J
Hat - Christy's, via Thomas Farthing, London
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55019 of 787217/16/13 at 11:31amQuote:
At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 7 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 minutes ago
- › Any hotel recommendations for Singapore and Bali? 38 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...