Thanks. They're not from anywhere special. This one's from a random market stall; the more battered, slightly yellower one is from Marks & Spencers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3668
Styleforum Top Pickspost #55007 of 787217/16/13 at 9:23ampost #55008 of 787217/16/13 at 9:25ampost #55009 of 787217/16/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.post #55010 of 787217/16/13 at 10:21amRDiaz, Simon Crompton just authored an article about panamas at the Financial Times' How to Spend It website that you might be interested in: http://howtospendit.ft.com/mens-fashion/31923-how-to-buy-a-panama
Good timing.post #55011 of 787217/16/13 at 10:31ampost #55012 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34ampost #55013 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.
FWIW, the panama which I'm wearing today was bought in London this May for 79 GBP - brand name Christy's, bought at a shop called Thomas Farthing, in Museum St. between Great Russell St. and Oxford, (i.e. just south of the British Museum).post #55014 of 787217/16/13 at 10:34am
This looks great, and frankly, no one can tell a suit jack is orphaned unless it is made from a ultrafine wool with some sheen, imo. What you have on is casual so it works perfectly. Im actually thinking about purchasing a suit (linen/wool blend) in the same tone, but with a navy overcheck to wear as an odd jacket.
Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Alright, yesterday's fit involved a poor choice in tie (thanks JB, HF). I wasn't sure; something felt off, but I figured it was because I was wearing an orphaned suit jacket. I wanted if it could see if it was workable since it had a broad pattern and patch pockets.
Anyway, today:post #55015 of 787217/16/13 at 10:35ampost #55016 of 787217/16/13 at 10:40am
@CLAG - what are you doing with that cash?! You're in the NPC!Quote:Originally Posted by zeBanker
Linen almost everywhereWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks great. I'm not brave enough to wear linen everything. I'd sweat like crazy and it'd just stick to the fabric, making me look like a slinky. One or two linen items works.post #55017 of 787217/16/13 at 10:52ampost #55018 of 787217/16/13 at 11:18amNice suit (and hat)
But in the first couple of pictures, the camera made it look like you're a predator about to go into stealth mode.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
It will be hot (though happily not humid) today in NYC, and I find myself needing to be in a suit (albeit seersucker), for the annual Garden Party at the Frick Collection, a fund raiser which people attend to see and to be seen, and, with luck, photographed by Bill Cunningham of the New York Times. (However I am dressed, there is no danger that I will make the Style section of the Sunday NY Times - only recognized members of society, or patrons of the Frick much higher on the food chain than myself show up there.)
But, as a dress extra in this evening's comedy, I guess I'll pass.
Suit & tie - BB
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - C & J
Hat - Christy's, via Thomas Farthing, London
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #55019 of 787217/16/13 at 11:31amQuote:
At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Made to Measure Suits, Higgins and Brown Vs Steed 2 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...