Does something give you the impression that it isn't?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3664post #54946 of 787217/15/13 at 3:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54947 of 787217/15/13 at 3:51pmpost #54948 of 787217/15/13 at 3:57pmForced back in to flannel today. Almost all my winter suits and coats are either at the tailors, cleaners or my daughter has slobbered on them and they'll be going to the cleaners!
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Tie: Henry Carter 9cm 7 fold repp
PS: Randompost #54949 of 787217/15/13 at 4:56pm
Jacket is unstructured linen blend. (hence the crumpling) I'm not sure how I feel about the width of the lapels, they may be too narrow given my body width… Feedback?
The pants are textured gray and blue. I was hesitant about the overall color combo.. Feedback?Tie is knitted silk (Plum) from TheTieBar.comShirt is Brooks BrothersJacket is eBay'ed vintage Banana RepublicPants unknownShoes are casual Florsheimpost #54950 of 787217/15/13 at 4:59pmpost #54951 of 787217/15/13 at 5:09pmDiaz: I quite like that seersucker DB. In each of your fits, you wear it very nicely as a separate.
Is the general consensus here that seersucker can be managed as a separate, and therefore stands outside the usual "no striped separates" rule? I ask because I have a tragically orphaned vintage double breasted seersucker jacket, dual vent and pearl buttons, that stares at me forlornly every time I open my closet.....post #54952 of 787217/15/13 at 5:11pmQuote:
I am sure that good taste and proper manners would be to express you comments in a private manner and not try to embarrass or hurtful to a member of the forumpost #54953 of 787217/15/13 at 5:37pmDoyleclark - I mean everything constructively and in good heart... with that being said, you have a long way to go.
post #54954 of 787217/15/13 at 6:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
- Get rid of the jacket. It will never be good looking, sorry.
- Take better pictures so we can see details
- Start with the basics before expanding in to pattern matching and wild colors (Blue/ white dress shirts, navy blazer, and charcoal trousers... etc)
Forced back in to flannel today. Almost all my winter suits and coats are either at the tailors, cleaners or my daughter has slobbered on them and they'll be going to the cleaners!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie: Henry Carter 9cm 7 fold repp
Great stuff.post #54955 of 787217/15/13 at 6:59pmIt is all awful and does not belong on this forum. Go through and read this entire thread and then go and read the entire Good Taste Thread and then take a look at yourself before posting.
Something i noticed but refrained from saying anything until now...
Just a hunch... But I have a gut feeling that posting on styleforum empowers you to be a jackass
Again... It is just a hunch.post #54956 of 787217/15/13 at 7:05pmpost #54957 of 787217/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #54958 of 787217/15/13 at 7:07pmpost #54959 of 787217/15/13 at 7:09pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 4 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Norweiger Blucher size 9.5 D (US) in Sandwood color 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Public School Braeburn Sneaker Size 9 13 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Yanko Split Toe Blucher size 9 M (US) in Brown 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...