SB, I am hoping that's a suit...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3664post #54946 of 787237/15/13 at 3:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54947 of 787237/15/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
As an educator, I've been trained to recognize patterns in students. It's pretty easy to translate that skill to recognizing patterns in the style of dress of certain individuals. In particular, I think if I had to be someone from SF for Halloween what would I wear. After a month or two of seeing outfits, I have a pretty good idea in mind. I've yet to figure out SB though. I feel that this outfit is wildly conservative with the emphasis on wild. Everything here is rather conservative. Even mixed together they are conservative, but there is still something wild about the juxtaposition of these conservative items to me. It works though. In a crazy way.
You are not an English teacher though, are you? Your writing style is similar to Dan Brown. Clumsy, ungrammatical, repetitive and repetitive.
Just messing with you AAS I'm also not a native speaker.
May I redirect some of you fine folk to my collar thread? There's a poll that needs you!
Das Oneshirtpost #54948 of 787237/15/13 at 3:44pmpost #54949 of 787237/15/13 at 3:51pmpost #54950 of 787237/15/13 at 3:57pmForced back in to flannel today. Almost all my winter suits and coats are either at the tailors, cleaners or my daughter has slobbered on them and they'll be going to the cleaners!
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Tie: Henry Carter 9cm 7 fold repp
PS: Randompost #54951 of 787237/15/13 at 4:56pm
Jacket is unstructured linen blend. (hence the crumpling) I'm not sure how I feel about the width of the lapels, they may be too narrow given my body width… Feedback?
The pants are textured gray and blue. I was hesitant about the overall color combo.. Feedback?Tie is knitted silk (Plum) from TheTieBar.comShirt is Brooks BrothersJacket is eBay'ed vintage Banana RepublicPants unknownShoes are casual Florsheimpost #54952 of 787237/15/13 at 4:59pmpost #54953 of 787237/15/13 at 5:09pmDiaz: I quite like that seersucker DB. In each of your fits, you wear it very nicely as a separate.
Is the general consensus here that seersucker can be managed as a separate, and therefore stands outside the usual "no striped separates" rule? I ask because I have a tragically orphaned vintage double breasted seersucker jacket, dual vent and pearl buttons, that stares at me forlornly every time I open my closet.....post #54954 of 787237/15/13 at 5:11pmQuote:
I am sure that good taste and proper manners would be to express you comments in a private manner and not try to embarrass or hurtful to a member of the forumpost #54955 of 787237/15/13 at 5:37pmDoyleclark - I mean everything constructively and in good heart... with that being said, you have a long way to go.
post #54956 of 787237/15/13 at 6:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
- Get rid of the jacket. It will never be good looking, sorry.
- Take better pictures so we can see details
- Start with the basics before expanding in to pattern matching and wild colors (Blue/ white dress shirts, navy blazer, and charcoal trousers... etc)
Forced back in to flannel today. Almost all my winter suits and coats are either at the tailors, cleaners or my daughter has slobbered on them and they'll be going to the cleaners!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie: Henry Carter 9cm 7 fold repp
Great stuff.post #54957 of 787237/15/13 at 6:59pmIt is all awful and does not belong on this forum. Go through and read this entire thread and then go and read the entire Good Taste Thread and then take a look at yourself before posting.
Something i noticed but refrained from saying anything until now...
Just a hunch... But I have a gut feeling that posting on styleforum empowers you to be a jackass
Again... It is just a hunch.post #54958 of 787237/15/13 at 7:05pmpost #54959 of 787237/15/13 at 7:06pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Black or Brown shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider "Rug" Sweater - Burgundy - Size 4 (46) 1 minute ago
- › Need hair product advice (21 M) within the next week (pictures... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...