Do you guys consider it "vacation" if you're wearing the exact same thing you wear during the week? For me, vacation is swim trunks and a cooler of beer, with no suit or tie in sight.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3662
Styleforum Top Picks
Close-up & Shoes (Click to show)
Asked to visit a school near the coast to do some teaching on a hot summer's day...
... means there's the opportunity to slope off to a local beach at the end of the day, losing the jacket & tie for a very British seaside paddle...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All that's missing is a knotted handkerchief on my head.
Awesome as always!
Still trying to combine the new jacket. I really like how it looks with the ivory trousers, but I suspect the blue shirt ruins this one. oh well.
The tie is a macclesfield, too formal maybe, but the bright color totally discards it as a formal tie for me. Don't know if I'm right or wrong on that.
MTM Holland & Sherry seersucker jacket
MTM Holland & Sherry CrispAire trousers
Mercer and Sons end on end button down shirt
E. & G. Cappelli tie
Kent Wang linen hank
Carmina tan wingtips
Edited by RDiaz - 7/15/13 at 10:06am
first post here. Be gentle
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cool jacket! Where'd you get it etc?
Looks to me like it fits good except the sleeves could show a bit of shirtsleeve. A white shirt work look better or perhaps light pink (they don't like black shirts on this forum). The jacket sleeve buttons need to be buttoned. I think lighter color trousers would look better also. White PS and real flower instead of the lapel pin.
Maybe a bow tie?
PS: "Be gentle"? You may have come to the wrong place for that.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:03am
I was on a cruise and it is customary to dress up for dinner. I didn't wear this all day. Also, I enjoy dressing. I do it for fun not because I have to.
One thing I notice in most of your front-facing pics is that you are standing rather unnaturally. I have the same problem; most of us do not innately appear relaxed when taking pictures to post on the internet. Holding your shoulders back and arms out causes the front balance of your jacket to go off (specifically, up and in).
Relax a little, let your shoulders and arms fall forward, and breathe out. You'll feel better, and your pics will reflect that.
Your ensemble elements are all appropriately casual, although the shiny weave of the shirt seems out of place. Try an oxford next time and see how it looks.
Hey, you're one of the coolest guys on this forum. Along with Spoo, Tiralluer, Holdfast and LabelKing as far as posting good pics goes.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:13am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 1 second ago
- › things that are making you happy 49 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 50 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 58 seconds ago
- › Navy stying advice 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Burgundy Double Monks Suggesstions? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw