Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3662post #54916 of 787217/15/13 at 7:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54917 of 787217/15/13 at 8:16ampost #54918 of 787217/15/13 at 8:22ampost #54919 of 787217/15/13 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Asked to visit a school near the coast to do some teaching on a hot summer's day...
... means there's the opportunity to slope off to a local beach at the end of the day, losing the jacket & tie for a very British seaside paddle...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All that's missing is a knotted handkerchief on my head.
Awesome as always!post #54920 of 787217/15/13 at 9:12ampost #54921 of 787217/15/13 at 9:14ampost #54922 of 787217/15/13 at 9:37am
Still trying to combine the new jacket. I really like how it looks with the ivory trousers, but I suspect the blue shirt ruins this one. oh well.
The tie is a macclesfield, too formal maybe, but the bright color totally discards it as a formal tie for me. Don't know if I'm right or wrong on that.
MTM Holland & Sherry seersucker jacket
MTM Holland & Sherry CrispAire trousers
Mercer and Sons end on end button down shirt
E. & G. Cappelli tie
Kent Wang linen hank
Carmina tan wingtips
Edited by RDiaz - 7/15/13 at 10:06ampost #54923 of 787217/15/13 at 9:47ampost #54924 of 787217/15/13 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by rahul
first post here. Be gentle
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cool jacket! Where'd you get it etc?
Looks to me like it fits good except the sleeves could show a bit of shirtsleeve. A white shirt work look better or perhaps light pink (they don't like black shirts on this forum). The jacket sleeve buttons need to be buttoned. I think lighter color trousers would look better also. White PS and real flower instead of the lapel pin.
Maybe a bow tie?
PS: "Be gentle"? You may have come to the wrong place for that.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:03ampost #54925 of 787217/15/13 at 9:54amQuote:
I was on a cruise and it is customary to dress up for dinner. I didn't wear this all day. Also, I enjoy dressing. I do it for fun not because I have to.post #54926 of 787217/15/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
One thing I notice in most of your front-facing pics is that you are standing rather unnaturally. I have the same problem; most of us do not innately appear relaxed when taking pictures to post on the internet. Holding your shoulders back and arms out causes the front balance of your jacket to go off (specifically, up and in).
Relax a little, let your shoulders and arms fall forward, and breathe out. You'll feel better, and your pics will reflect that.
Your ensemble elements are all appropriately casual, although the shiny weave of the shirt seems out of place. Try an oxford next time and see how it looks.
Hey, you're one of the coolest guys on this forum. Along with Spoo, Tiralluer, Holdfast and LabelKing as far as posting good pics goes.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:13ampost #54927 of 787217/15/13 at 10:14ampost #54928 of 787217/15/13 at 10:26ampost #54929 of 787217/15/13 at 10:38ampost #54930 of 787217/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tom Miler
A few shots of the only RTW suit that I have! My father got the suit from a friend and it somehow found its way to my closet. I believe that it is from the 90s. I had several (quite significant) adjustments introduced to it and now I wear it every once in a while. Just to make it a bit more interesting, I also included a few pics with my colleague Agnieszka who is a fellow interpreter. In the pic she's sporting a beautiful petrol blue DB bespoke jacket. Of coure I have her consent to post the pics.
Foto K. Łukowicz Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I rarely like DBs, but this looks awesome.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina burgundy punched cap toe, Rain last, Tomir sole 16 minutes ago
- › GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby 17 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015