Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3662post #54916 of 787197/15/13 at 7:54ampost #54917 of 787197/15/13 at 8:16ampost #54918 of 787197/15/13 at 8:22ampost #54919 of 787197/15/13 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Asked to visit a school near the coast to do some teaching on a hot summer's day...
... means there's the opportunity to slope off to a local beach at the end of the day, losing the jacket & tie for a very British seaside paddle...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All that's missing is a knotted handkerchief on my head.
Awesome as always!post #54920 of 787197/15/13 at 9:12ampost #54921 of 787197/15/13 at 9:14ampost #54922 of 787197/15/13 at 9:37am
Still trying to combine the new jacket. I really like how it looks with the ivory trousers, but I suspect the blue shirt ruins this one. oh well.
The tie is a macclesfield, too formal maybe, but the bright color totally discards it as a formal tie for me. Don't know if I'm right or wrong on that.
MTM Holland & Sherry seersucker jacket
MTM Holland & Sherry CrispAire trousers
Mercer and Sons end on end button down shirt
E. & G. Cappelli tie
Kent Wang linen hank
Carmina tan wingtips
Edited by RDiaz - 7/15/13 at 10:06ampost #54923 of 787197/15/13 at 9:47ampost #54924 of 787197/15/13 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by rahul
first post here. Be gentle
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cool jacket! Where'd you get it etc?
Looks to me like it fits good except the sleeves could show a bit of shirtsleeve. A white shirt work look better or perhaps light pink (they don't like black shirts on this forum). The jacket sleeve buttons need to be buttoned. I think lighter color trousers would look better also. White PS and real flower instead of the lapel pin.
Maybe a bow tie?
PS: "Be gentle"? You may have come to the wrong place for that.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:03ampost #54925 of 787197/15/13 at 9:54amQuote:
I was on a cruise and it is customary to dress up for dinner. I didn't wear this all day. Also, I enjoy dressing. I do it for fun not because I have to.post #54926 of 787197/15/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
One thing I notice in most of your front-facing pics is that you are standing rather unnaturally. I have the same problem; most of us do not innately appear relaxed when taking pictures to post on the internet. Holding your shoulders back and arms out causes the front balance of your jacket to go off (specifically, up and in).
Relax a little, let your shoulders and arms fall forward, and breathe out. You'll feel better, and your pics will reflect that.
Your ensemble elements are all appropriately casual, although the shiny weave of the shirt seems out of place. Try an oxford next time and see how it looks.
Hey, you're one of the coolest guys on this forum. Along with Spoo, Tiralluer, Holdfast and LabelKing as far as posting good pics goes.
Edited by FillW - 7/15/13 at 10:13ampost #54927 of 787197/15/13 at 10:14ampost #54928 of 787197/15/13 at 10:26ampost #54929 of 787197/15/13 at 10:38ampost #54930 of 787197/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tom Miler
A few shots of the only RTW suit that I have! My father got the suit from a friend and it somehow found its way to my closet. I believe that it is from the 90s. I had several (quite significant) adjustments introduced to it and now I wear it every once in a while. Just to make it a bit more interesting, I also included a few pics with my colleague Agnieszka who is a fellow interpreter. In the pic she's sporting a beautiful petrol blue DB bespoke jacket. Of coure I have her consent to post the pics.
Foto K. Łukowicz Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I rarely like DBs, but this looks awesome.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Gray Wingtips - What suit colors? 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts