Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3658
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54857 of 787237/13/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
So, this needs quite a bit of work. The SC is fine, but what you have paired it with is quite a mess:
- Please cinch that tie knot down. Or tie a smaller knot. Right now it dwarfs everything else. That tie also looks very, very wide, though I can't tell if that's just the back blade peeking out.
- That PS does not go anywhere near that tie.
- Tie is way too formal for the SC.
- Crazy mix of formal and informal makes the whole thing terribly incoherent. Rustic SC, Jeans. Those are fine. Then you pair it with a white shirt, formal-ish tie, and PS. The whole thing just looks like a mess.
Thanks for the critique. I agree the knot should be smaller. The tie is 3,75", so on the wide side, but I'm not that small. The shirt is actually light pink but that doesn't come off good in the photo's.post #54858 of 787237/13/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Thank for your advice.
The problem are probably the fotos I made. The colour is not grey it´s a light blue. Jacket has no solid pattern, it´s what we call in german "Pfauenauge" which means "peacock butterfly". I don´t know if that the right name in english. Here is a foto from the pattern and colour:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So thats why I think it´s a odd jacket and I react a little bit astonished when you call it "orphaned suit jacket".
Honestly, it still looks a bit suit-ish to me. Kinda reminds me of birdseye, which is a suiting weave/pattern. I think being light blue moves it a bit away from orphaned suit coat territory, but maybe you would need casual details like patch pockets for the full effect.post #54859 of 787237/13/13 at 2:56pmpost #54860 of 787237/13/13 at 4:34pmpost #54861 of 787237/13/13 at 4:52pmpost #54862 of 787237/13/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I'm late getting to this one, but wanted to say-- clearly another round of excellent achieved on this one. looks great-- jacket superb, just enough slim on the trousers/ length, hits all the marks. extremely sharp, man. your jacket reminds me I can't wait to wear recently purchased sartorio jacket in about 20 days.
thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated!Quote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
I realize this isn't a fit critique thread, but since there was a comment that this jacket was perhaps short, and Stitchy requested more pics, I figured I'd throw a couple more out there from a slightly different angle. Still crappy quality though, sorry! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks like they did a great job. especially in the pic from the side, the silhouette looks great. and of course, the tie is superb.
MF - very nice combos, broseph.post #54863 of 787237/13/13 at 11:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Brunch and shopping with the wife.
Though i think the jacket itself is really ugly, somehow it works for you there - respect for that. I think it's even much better than the second outfit, due to the beige SC and yellow tie being too close in terms of the tone.post #54864 of 787237/14/13 at 12:22amThe champ is here. Ignoring the pattern challenge clarification; a rare miss on the patterns...thinking solid white shirt shirt with the featured tie and a white linen PS square. Fit is unreal per uze.
I agree completely! (and thanks!)post #54865 of 787237/14/13 at 12:48ampost #54866 of 787237/14/13 at 3:23am
Well, I'm not usually one to critique in here, I mostly only post but my joking critique would go something along the lines of if the Pitti Uomo organisers want to start making porn films in the back rooms for some extra cash, then you'd be perfect for the lead male role.
My serious critique, would be the whole outfit needs some serious toning down, and those monks need to be buckled, and those sleeves need to be buttoned and so on and so forth.Quote:
I was speaking specifically about the trousers, the top half looks good to me. They are shapeless, need pressing and the cuffs look sloppy. Most guys on SF need smaller cuffs, you my friend need bigger ones. They can still have a little fullness without being baggy. Rdiaz' trousers are very good in this regard.post #54867 of 787237/14/13 at 3:40ampost #54868 of 787237/14/13 at 5:40am@RahulIt's no problem not to be the greatest combiner in history when starting with menswear. But it is a problem, if you try to ;)You should keep something simple in mind: First learn the rules, then break them.So if you start, you should begin with the first point.post #54869 of 787237/14/13 at 6:11ampost #54870 of 787237/14/13 at 6:18amQuote:
Looks good. More adventurous than I could ever go, but I think it works for you! Especially like the fit of the trousers.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)