Honestly, I just don't dig broader stripes on shirts that much. It's not "bad" at all; I'm overstating a bit. I just think the size of a PoW check makes it conflict a bit with stripes of most kinds. Could just be me. Love the colour combo though: light blue, grey, navy, cream...hard to top.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3658
Styleforum Top Picks
So, this needs quite a bit of work. The SC is fine, but what you have paired it with is quite a mess:
- Please cinch that tie knot down. Or tie a smaller knot. Right now it dwarfs everything else. That tie also looks very, very wide, though I can't tell if that's just the back blade peeking out.
- That PS does not go anywhere near that tie.
- Tie is way too formal for the SC.
- Crazy mix of formal and informal makes the whole thing terribly incoherent. Rustic SC, Jeans. Those are fine. Then you pair it with a white shirt, formal-ish tie, and PS. The whole thing just looks like a mess.
Thanks for the critique. I agree the knot should be smaller. The tie is 3,75", so on the wide side, but I'm not that small. The shirt is actually light pink but that doesn't come off good in the photo's.
Thank for your advice.
The problem are probably the fotos I made. The colour is not grey it´s a light blue. Jacket has no solid pattern, it´s what we call in german "Pfauenauge" which means "peacock butterfly". I don´t know if that the right name in english. Here is a foto from the pattern and colour:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So thats why I think it´s a odd jacket and I react a little bit astonished when you call it "orphaned suit jacket".
Honestly, it still looks a bit suit-ish to me. Kinda reminds me of birdseye, which is a suiting weave/pattern. I think being light blue moves it a bit away from orphaned suit coat territory, but maybe you would need casual details like patch pockets for the full effect.
I'm late getting to this one, but wanted to say-- clearly another round of excellent achieved on this one. looks great-- jacket superb, just enough slim on the trousers/ length, hits all the marks. extremely sharp, man. your jacket reminds me I can't wait to wear recently purchased sartorio jacket in about 20 days.
thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated!
I realize this isn't a fit critique thread, but since there was a comment that this jacket was perhaps short, and Stitchy requested more pics, I figured I'd throw a couple more out there from a slightly different angle. Still crappy quality though, sorry! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks like they did a great job. especially in the pic from the side, the silhouette looks great. and of course, the tie is superb.
MF - very nice combos, broseph.
Brunch and shopping with the wife.
Details. (Click to show)
Though i think the jacket itself is really ugly, somehow it works for you there - respect for that. I think it's even much better than the second outfit, due to the beige SC and yellow tie being too close in terms of the tone.
Well, I'm not usually one to critique in here, I mostly only post but my joking critique would go something along the lines of if the Pitti Uomo organisers want to start making porn films in the back rooms for some extra cash, then you'd be perfect for the lead male role.
My serious critique, would be the whole outfit needs some serious toning down, and those monks need to be buckled, and those sleeves need to be buttoned and so on and so forth.
I was speaking specifically about the trousers, the top half looks good to me. They are shapeless, need pressing and the cuffs look sloppy. Most guys on SF need smaller cuffs, you my friend need bigger ones. They can still have a little fullness without being baggy. Rdiaz' trousers are very good in this regard.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 31 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 54 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samuelsohn MTM 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw