Honestly, if it was just one shirt I would think it was cool. Maybe have a different album on each shirt (ILL for Illmatic being on the best shirt) but to have the same one on every shirt is a bit odd to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3653post #54781 of 787177/12/13 at 11:59ampost #54782 of 787177/12/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
imo that is not just odd but corny...
I like the album alot
it's my fave Wu-Tang album
the title resonates with me because of I constantly used it with friends in college.
so yeah... Illmatic is my favorite rap album... but why do I want ILLMATIC as a monogram. OB4CL is an acronym that most probably wouldn't have connected with Raekwon unless I told them.
It's not like I am wearing a super bowl ring that I didn't deserve. I am recognizing an awesome album in my own discreet waypost #54783 of 787177/12/13 at 12:13pmpost #54784 of 787177/12/13 at 12:29pmpost #54785 of 787177/12/13 at 12:33pmDonCologne: The jacket with the green pants looks like an orphaned suit jacket, not an odd jacket. I have similar pants and love them, but you need something else up top to make them work.
RDiaz: Better, but not sold on the cream linen with the seersucker.post #54786 of 787177/12/13 at 12:35pmpost #54787 of 787177/12/13 at 12:36pmpost #54788 of 787177/12/13 at 12:50pmpost #54789 of 787177/12/13 at 12:56pmpost #54790 of 787177/12/13 at 12:57pmpost #54791 of 787177/12/13 at 1:02pmpost #54792 of 787177/12/13 at 1:03pmpost #54793 of 787177/12/13 at 1:05pmpost #54794 of 787177/12/13 at 1:06pmpost #54795 of 787177/12/13 at 1:08pmOriginally Posted by DewiOriginally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks; funnily enough I had narrowed down the tie choice to that one or a navy grenadine. The grenadine just didn't look right when I held it up against the jacket. I suspect that a navy knit would have been the optimal choice, but I don't currently have one. It was nice to unwind for a short while on the beach after a pretty tiring day, and when the sun is shining the English coast really is stunning. Talking of which, before the longish drive back home, my colleague & I found an excellent restaurant to blow some of the profits from the day on and I had one of the best turbot dishes I've eaten.
You should check out the Welsh coast sometime, puts the English coast to shame.
... I like this a lot, though I think I would've preferred either a different, darker tie, or no tie at all. I will echo the comments so far on the SC. What fabric is that?
I've been to Pembrokeshire in summer and was lucky enough to have got some sunshine. Gorgeous. Let's call it equal with the best of the English coastline, shall we? :)
The fabric, IIRC, is from the P&H Glorious Twelfth book.Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love this; one of the nicest looks in this thread for a bit. Good stuff!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 35 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...