Greetings all, I do acknowledge some inputs on my previous post. Please forgive me as I'm still struggling with angle of the camera self snaps. Here's my look for Friday. Enjoy your weekend.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3650
Styleforum Top Picks
UC, that's a perfect fall outfit, which suggests that I should be jealous of your weather right now.
Engi, I wish you'd gone for different shoes. A lighter color (deep tan) and more casual style (full brogue or loafer) might do you some good. I'm normally not crazy about chiseled lasts, but I think a slightly sharper edge there could look really good. I feel like the shoes, while elegant, are conservative enough to appear a little staid compared to the rest of your rig. You could also go the other way -- longwing gunboats might be cool with a rig like this.
Don Cologne, I happen to like the shoes, and though I agree that you might be well-suited aesthetically by a less built-up shoulder, if you prefer/are more comfortable in this kind of cut, then you're better off with it. You shoulders might also be square enough that they'll have a relatively constructed shape even with less padding/stiffness.
I'm pro monochromatic, but this is off to me. There are four different shades of brown here. They don't blend together well. Also, those blue socks are out of left field given other colors are all brown. I think this would be much better with a dark brown shoe and sock.
Stichy I love those Arran's and those colors work together perfectly
The beautiful orange tie is often unappreciated
does look better in natural light in more natural stance than the robot pose I still say you should try a new updated suit with less structure, LBM 1911 is a nice Italian brand, has been around for a while/ good rep, and is softer than most kitons and isaias without looking boxy or dated. the allen Edmonds shoes are clunky to me, bro! those are thick soles on some heavily brogued wingtips; liked the suede shoe with what appears to be a nicer sole in your new pix. just my unsolicited two cents, of course. will be interested to see your kiton suit!
Ok for the next suit, I try to thrift a less structured suit.
thank you , B. they are PRL, picked em up a few weeks ago. i love em. they have a soft sueded finish.
Thanks; funnily enough I had narrowed down the tie choice to that one or a navy grenadine. The grenadine just didn't look right when I held it up against the jacket. I suspect that a navy knit would have been the optimal choice, but I don't currently have one. It was nice to unwind for a short while on the beach after a pretty tiring day, and when the sun is shining the English coast really is stunning. Talking of which, before the longish drive back home, my colleague & I found an excellent restaurant to blow some of the profits from the day on and I had one of the best turbot dishes I've eaten.
You should check out the Welsh coast sometime, puts the English coast to shame.
More chilled out today. Tried out a few combinations for the pattern match challenge but didn't really like any of them so instead settled for a partial match with the (reddish) checks on both the shirt & jacket:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this a lot, though I think I would've preferred either a different, darker tie, or no tie at all. I will echo the comments so far on the SC. What fabric is that?
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw