I double dare ya. Go to a BB store and take a pic of you in it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3650
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54737 of 787247/12/13 at 7:23am
UC, that's a perfect fall outfit, which suggests that I should be jealous of your weather right now.
Engi, I wish you'd gone for different shoes. A lighter color (deep tan) and more casual style (full brogue or loafer) might do you some good. I'm normally not crazy about chiseled lasts, but I think a slightly sharper edge there could look really good. I feel like the shoes, while elegant, are conservative enough to appear a little staid compared to the rest of your rig. You could also go the other way -- longwing gunboats might be cool with a rig like this.
Don Cologne, I happen to like the shoes, and though I agree that you might be well-suited aesthetically by a less built-up shoulder, if you prefer/are more comfortable in this kind of cut, then you're better off with it. You shoulders might also be square enough that they'll have a relatively constructed shape even with less padding/stiffness.post #54738 of 787247/12/13 at 7:31ampost #54739 of 787247/12/13 at 7:39amQuote:
I'm pro monochromatic, but this is off to me. There are four different shades of brown here. They don't blend together well. Also, those blue socks are out of left field given other colors are all brown. I think this would be much better with a dark brown shoe and sock.post #54740 of 787247/12/13 at 7:42ampost #54741 of 787247/12/13 at 7:44ampost #54742 of 787247/12/13 at 7:48amQuote:
Stichy I love those Arran's and those colors work together perfectly
The beautiful orange tie is often unappreciatedpost #54743 of 787247/12/13 at 7:57amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
does look better in natural light in more natural stance than the robot pose I still say you should try a new updated suit with less structure, LBM 1911 is a nice Italian brand, has been around for a while/ good rep, and is softer than most kitons and isaias without looking boxy or dated. the allen Edmonds shoes are clunky to me, bro! those are thick soles on some heavily brogued wingtips; liked the suede shoe with what appears to be a nicer sole in your new pix. just my unsolicited two cents, of course. will be interested to see your kiton suit!
Ok for the next suit, I try to thrift a less structured suit.post #54744 of 787247/12/13 at 8:03ampost #54745 of 787247/12/13 at 8:09amQuote:
thank you , B. they are PRL, picked em up a few weeks ago. i love em. they have a soft sueded finish.post #54746 of 787247/12/13 at 8:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks; funnily enough I had narrowed down the tie choice to that one or a navy grenadine. The grenadine just didn't look right when I held it up against the jacket. I suspect that a navy knit would have been the optimal choice, but I don't currently have one. It was nice to unwind for a short while on the beach after a pretty tiring day, and when the sun is shining the English coast really is stunning. Talking of which, before the longish drive back home, my colleague & I found an excellent restaurant to blow some of the profits from the day on and I had one of the best turbot dishes I've eaten.
You should check out the Welsh coast sometime, puts the English coast to shame.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
More chilled out today. Tried out a few combinations for the pattern match challenge but didn't really like any of them so instead settled for a partial match with the (reddish) checks on both the shirt & jacket:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this a lot, though I think I would've preferred either a different, darker tie, or no tie at all. I will echo the comments so far on the SC. What fabric is that?post #54747 of 787247/12/13 at 8:23ampost #54748 of 787247/12/13 at 8:27ampost #54749 of 787247/12/13 at 8:29ampost #54750 of 787247/12/13 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Tried this with cream linens and no square today.
Loafers are cheapos I was gifted last year, still looking to get a decent pair.
Shhhh. You had me at double breasted seersucker. Nothing more needs to be said.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Show us how you roll in EG 56 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 18 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 25 minutes ago
- › WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men:... 27 minutes ago
- › Post Overalls Fall/Winter 2010 28 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)